BCF: Bike Chat Forums

High-Miles Hornet. Advice wanted

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your budget is just over 2150, I'd be looking at the better post 2007 examples out there and offering them what you've got. Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Hornet-600-excellent-condition/253696649878?hash=item3b117faa96:g:SZMAAOSwNNVbJ-Vq

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charginglemon wrote:
The point is it's cheap.. and only looks like its been on its side so relatively easy to fix within the budget.

Bothered about ABS as I don't fancy going over the handle bars.. all to easy to have to snatch the brakes in London at rush hour. Crashed or not I've decided it's a necessity I'd like to have.

It's only a necessity if you don't know how to plan ahead and use your brakes.

I've never had a bike with ABS and I've had cars with it for over 20 years - last time I dropped a bike by locking the front was in 1983 and the ABS has only ever taken over in the car in severe adverse weather, ie sheet ice.

I'm no riding/driving god, but if you feel you need aids to help you ride safely, you need to learn how to ride better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:17 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just get one which isn't a high mileage POS.

Mr. Green

It's not nearly cheap enough to be worth the gamble. There's nothing special about and Hornets aren't in short supply.

Use your budget to buy a working bike.

There's no chance of it being a good buy for £2k, for sub £1,500 it might not be so bad and close to or less than £1,000 would be the type of bike which would sell within a day or two rather than the advert still being up after twenty eight days.

After all, there must be a reason why no one else has bought it. Laughing

£3,000 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-HORNET-CB600FA-7-ABS-2007-599cc/123151648573
£3,339 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB600FA7-CB600F-ABS-HORNET/222932802844

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Charginglemon wrote:
The point is it's cheap.. and only looks like its been on its side so relatively easy to fix within the budget.

Bothered about ABS as I don't fancy going over the handle bars.. all to easy to have to snatch the brakes in London at rush hour. Crashed or not I've decided it's a necessity I'd like to have.

It's only a necessity if you don't know how to plan ahead and use your brakes.

I've never had a bike with ABS and I've had cars with it for over 20 years - last time I dropped a bike by locking the front was in 1983 and the ABS has only ever taken over in the car in severe adverse weather, ie sheet ice.

I'm no riding/driving god, but if you feel you need aids to help you ride safely, you need to learn how to ride better.

a trillion times this

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2