Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

road dressing with stone chips around Henley on Thames

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: road dressing with stone chips around Henley on Thames Reply with quote

You have been warned. A4130 Whute Hill road and Wargrave road on the exits from Henley on Thames has been just resurfaced with the ancient and cruel way of stone chips dressing. Exclamation

What a massive wankers are these councils! Middle Finger

Means the next few weeks the road will be very dangerous for anything on two wheels.

Brown pants moment yesterday, getting out from a local lane onto A4130 that leads to Henley-on-Thames and suprise - the road is like ice ring. I haven't gone down under the opposite traffic bus by some miracle. Then it took about 500m more to shave off really slowly my speed without falling down.

Apparently this is a very cheap way to resurface the road and probably kill few motorcycles. WTAF? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Why this is used at all. Surely there is a better ways to fix the road then making it look like it's da foccin stone age?

I'm seriously pissed off and also needed to wash my bike today. Which I try to avoid if not really neccessary...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:41 - 21 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surrounded by great roads and just as the winter crud starts to wash off, Aberdeenshire Council start surface dressing and ruin the road for months.

u33db
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:07 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Aye they were doing the south deeside road last week now;

I thought i'd be smart and go home that way after work then found myself down at 20mph the whole way...terrible stuff

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:09 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Out of interest. Who has actually fallen off their bike on surface dressing?

Reason I ask is I've never spoken to someone who has. I've known a lot of people come off on unexpected gravel from another source but not surface dressing.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
So. Out of interest. Who has actually fallen off their bike on surface dressing?

Reason I ask is I've never spoken to someone who has. I've known a lot of people come off on unexpected gravel from another source but not surface dressing.

Indeed, and they generally cover their arse by sticking out those "recommended" max speed signs of 10 or 15mph (or whatever speed it is)

What is quite bad round these parts though, is the gritters have been out this weekend spreading sand on melting tarmac roads, and no signs what so ever

peejayess
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:59 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

One reason might well be that having been warned of all the loose top dressing, most of us ride more carefully over it so we don’t fall off. Another problem with all that loose gravel is when it flies up and chips your paintwork, so it’s nice to know it’s coming up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1