Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexmoto Venom 2016 need HELP!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Swannyuk
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:52 - 22 Jun 2018    Post subject: Lexmoto Venom 2016 need HELP! Reply with quote

I brought a labour emergency 125cc bike as my misses is pregnant and I needed a some wheels as she still needs full use of the car, I am not new to motorbikes either i have had several 125s and was about to do my module 2 test but had to on hold due to the little one on the way.

Now I brought this Lexmoto because it was cheap as they are and still had a year before it need its an MOT. I have had nothing but issues.

It wont exceed 50 mph and cuts out when you come to a stop.

I have checked and adjusted the following;

-Spark plug adjusted the space but didn't need replacing.
-battery was a little low but on charge now
- Cleaned the carb and the air filter
- cleaned the fuel filter,
- and done an oil change,

It still cuts out,

I am competently stumped on what the issue is and hoping someone on here will know.

Please help before a take a baseball bat to it.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 22 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year, and model. Is it FI or carbed? People will need to know to give you advice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:17 - 22 Jun 2018    Post subject: Re: Lexmoto Venom 2016 need HELP! Reply with quote

Swannyuk wrote:
- Cleaned the carb

Answers that one.

How's the idle mixture? Chinabikes tend to come with it lean, so that's the first thing I'd sort. Actually, the first thing I'd do is increase the idle speed to stop it cutting out, then dial in the mixture, decrease the idle, dial it in again and so on until you're happy. But I wouldn't go chasing 3 digit RPMs. If it needs to idle at 1500+, it needs to do it.

Low top speed is likely again either fuelling (how's the plug looking?) or compression. Have you done a compression test?

The brakes aren't binding, are they?

Swannyuk
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:59 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idle mixture is fine, I've increased the idles speed, sounds like its on the chock when I do, so I have it on 2000 to 2500 rpm,

I have discovered that the alternator is faulty. I am not getting to the charge to the battery, so i have ordered a new one,

I must say it is the most easiest bike to bump start. Its still a peace of donkey poo.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:18 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an alternator, but have you checked the regulator and the stator output to determine which one is fucked.

Idle is too high, needs to be around 1400-1500 when warm.

Mixture screw all the way in and 2 turns out. Start there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1