Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sound i've never heard before! Help! (Video included)gsx650f

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Artens
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:08 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Sound i've never heard before! Help! (Video included)gsx650f Reply with quote

Hi! So im getting a really weird sound out of either my exhaust or the very bottom of my engine. Rattle increases and gets louder with revs, sometimes it stops if I keep the throttle open evenly, for example doing 40mph on 4th gear. I dont think it is timing chain rattle or clutch basket rattle because sound is definately not coming from these areas. It is mainly coming out of the middle of the exhaust as shown in the video. And yes, i did take my exhaust apart and took 2 stones out :/ The bike is Suzuki gsx 650f. P.s. no power loses , engine runs and idles as it should.
Any help will be really appreciated.

https://youtu.be/PoDPGHjIpOg

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose mesh from the baffle? I had some funky rattles going on with the ZZR till I stripped and repacked the Yoshi can (packing was ferked) Take everything off and give it a good shake.

Artens
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:03 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mesh did look fine tbh! Going to have another look at the exhaust! Also, it is more likely to make that disgusting sound when the engine is not cold. Any more suggestions to try on the day? I will try to drain oil and see if any bits go out. Doubt it though.
Thanks for the reply

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:30 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something loose in the exhaust system. On a very different bike, my CG125 has some kind of debris in the silencer. It sounds like a nut rattling about and it is much worse at high revs. I took the system off in the hope that I could shake the bugger out of the pipe at one end or the other, but there is no chance of that. It is probably a bit of loose weld in my case, but it is there for life.

Could anything be touching the pipe or silencer in your case? Some stray part rattling against the pipework?

Artens
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:30 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got an idea. I will take exhaust apart up to headers and have a little listen. Thank you guys, I will keep you updated!

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:06 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artens wrote:
I will try to drain oil and see if any bits go out. Doubt it though.

I would be inclined to check that most carefully.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1