Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another stolen bike = quitting riding (UPDATE- FOUND)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Another stolen bike = quitting riding (UPDATE- FOUND) Reply with quote

Hey all, rarely post at all nowadays.
My x11 was stolen last night, scummers crowbarred open a metal gate, cut a disclock off and presumably wheeled it away.

Can't be arsed riding anymore, daily thefts and robberies in my area and loads of bikes going missing. Just a bit of a rant really.

Will be selling all my gear and that shortly cheap.

Had some good times, but I feel that until this shitty moped crime situation is changed it's not worth it. Had a run in at home where I took a crowbar to the neck/shoulder a few months back and it's really put me off.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Last edited by Pie-Roe on 23:12 - 25 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:55 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh times indeed. Hope things take a positive turn for you soon Thumbs Up

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:19 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod what all the doo-gooders say, it is not going to be long before there is serious vigilante reaction. It isn't just in the large cities - even rural areas are getting affected now. We are in a very quiet are of Oxford (Kennington) and now there are robberies affecting our village and Abingdon more and more. I suspect not long before the moped riding scum are all around here. We have now taken to keeping our doors locked even when we are in during the daytime. God, what a sh1t society we are living in now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:35 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police are caught up in so much red tape that they can't deal with it. Add to the fact that their equipment is laughable compared to what they are up against.

I go in London a lot and 95% of the police bikes I see are 3 wheeled Piaggio monstrosities. It's a joke.

Saw a press release recently.
https://news.met.police.uk/news/tackling-scooter-enabled-crime-in-london-271597
https://resources.mynewsdesk.com/image/upload/c_limit,dpr_1.0,f_auto,h_700,q_auto,w_680/bc9ma0zm3kmxjjztofgw.jpg

These bikes are great for the job but I have yet to see them. If they replaced all the stupid piaggio things with these in London then they may get somewhere. They wont they because you can drive them 3 wheeled things on a car licence and they don't want to pay to train the cops up.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:52 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Kin hell. Sorry to hear this. I can understand why you'd not bother replacing it just to have it nicked again. Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you at all, this country sucks and is going to get lots worse.

The police are too busy trolling the internet to try and find anyone they can scream *ist at and arrest them with a fanfair of 'look how PC we are' Puke

Anything that involves low level personal crime, not fucking interested.

I would love a vigilante reaction but you just know they will go hell for leather to arrest and incarcerate anyone who 'takes the law into their own hands'.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK gov should reverse their 18% budget cut to the police.

Then maybe they'd have resources to do something.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels. Wub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:38 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
UK gov should reverse their 18% budget cut to the police.

Then maybe they'd have resources to do something.

Or start cutting hands off known thieves and their immediate spawn. Someone needs to do something remarkable fast, police aren't useful in any other area either.

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:55 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also almost every time I see a cop car in London it is at 'hot spots' for catching people speeding.
Fuck the speeding you can do people for speeding while actually patrolling.

All the police care about is speeding and insurance. Because it makes money. Wonder how long before the tories just try and privatise the police. Mr. Green

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Or start cutting hands off known thieves and their immediate spawn. Someone needs to do something remarkable fast, police aren't useful in any other area either.

I remember at the barbecue last year talk of you being taken for a ride on the bonnet of a car.

I never heard the end of that story as people were busy trying to blow me up.

Was that ever resolved?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:22 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all need to die. We need to start killing them, as its the only thing that will stop them.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart goes out to the OP...

As for these moped morons, SHOOT TO KILL.....

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam277 wrote:
Wonder how long before the tories just try and privatise the police. Mr. Green

Wonder no more ..

It's happening already, aside from back office, support staff and now on the beat !!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/07/private-police-force-roll-nationally-success-london-7526863/

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't ridden since October for much the same reason.

I still have all my gear mind, I'm not ready to concede defeat entirely just yet.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
It's happening already, aside from back office, support staff and now on the beat !!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/07/private-police-force-roll-nationally-success-london-7526863/

Good.

Those who are paying the piper should be calling the tunes.

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:34 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say it;

This is what happens when you import millions of third word scum and then bring in crime policies which let them know the authorities will do nothing to stop them because of human rights.

I'm a big fan of looking out for the human rights of the decent people who hold British values. This isn't about racism, one of my lads is married to an Indian lady who is a pillar of the community and pays about £40k in tax each year. It is ALL about attitude, values and behaviour. We are constantly on the end of BBC / Guardian type liberal polemic about how we need to understand criminals and how it is all because they are poor. It is a ie, they are filthy exploitative bastards and they need to be PUNISHED and if the moped boys take off their helmets as they flee the police, so much the better: They are easier to kill that way. This country needs to either get real or it will be destroyed and turn into some Mad Max dystopia...... It already is doing.

I am very sorry for the OP's problem. It is a damned disgrace that it happened to him repeatedly. As for the police - Chocolate fireguards. They are more likely to pursue me for saying what I said above than to go after these criminal filth who crowbar their way into your possessions and use extreme violence to get what they want.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:38 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I remember at the barbecue last year talk of you being taken for a ride on the bonnet of a car.

Was that ever resolved?

Kent Police, didn't deem it a crime. They said they were taking no further action on the English dwelling Polish man driving his deadly weapon around, but oh well. Rolling Eyes

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just couldn't cope without two wheels, but now I'm considering an old bike with lots of decent locks and a cosh clipped inside the fairing in case of personal attack

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andys675 wrote:
I just couldn't cope without two wheels, but now I'm considering an old bike with lots of decent locks and a cosh clipped inside the fairing in case of personal attack.

Here's the joke Andy; YOU will be regarded as the criminal of you do something effective to protect yourself. As for the scum you are trying to deter, you're not with the programme mate. They need to be understood and given money from your taxes.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to hear someone giving up biking because the of scumbags.
It's depressing to think they're winning.

I don't think it's fair to assign it all to immigrants though
we have enough of own home grown scum round here

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Very sad to hear someone giving up biking because the of scumbags.
It's depressing to think they're winning.

I don't think it's fair to assign it all to immigrants though
we have enough of own home grown scum round here

Of course it isn't, but round my way we have growing gang culture formed on ethic lines and it's the East Europeans, Ethiopians and black cultures that are fuelling it.

Whether it be that if they weren't here our scummy white trash would fill the void I don't know but they don't get a look in with these lot around.

The best thing about them was when the Eastern Europeans had a run in with the pikey travellers at the car auctions one week. It was better than being at the coliseum. Thumbs Up

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:16 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moped scum started appearing in Newcastle-under-Lyme, doing the A34 corridor 2 weeks ago - tons more bikes going missing and people being attacked both in car, on foot or on bike all by helmetless yoofs on scooters who are waiting by the traffic lights at Bradwell and Trent Vale.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the bike. Sad
I haven't experienced these issues first hand, but I do think twice about going anywhere on the bike and leaving it parked up, far more so than I ever used to. Last year I had several meetings in central London that previously I would have gone to on the bike, but it just didn't seem worth it as the company was reimbursing for the extortionate train fare and I didn't want to spend all day wondering whether my bike would still be there.
The fact that the police are unwilling to do anything doesn't bolster confidence.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:25 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
The fact that the police are unwilling to do anything doesn't bolster confidence.

Unwilling or unable?

Their hands are tied and the courts are weak on dindus.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3