Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Broken Motorcycle Jack

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:57 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Broken Motorcycle Jack Reply with quote

Leant my mate my bike jack and he had it ages. Got to pick it up from him today and it's broken. He said he used it in an emergency to jack his car up Rolling Eyes

The jack is a hydraulic type with a max lift of 680kgs. He described hearing a loud pop and now its stuck, won't jack up or go down. Is there any way this can be fixed? He's agreed to pay for a new one if mine can't be fixed.

Can't find anything online so I'm assuming it's kaput.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydraulic seals range from a piece of piss to utter cunting twats to fit. You have to make sure it's done properly, or the bike is falling down on you if it shifts/fails under load.

Get a new jack.

Tankie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:19 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to a place that referbs hydraulic rams, must be somewhere in the smoke

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which jack is it ?

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
Which jack is it ?

Machine Mart Clarke bike jack.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
bugeye_bob wrote:
Which jack is it ?

Machine Mart Clarke bike jack.

If it's the one that goes for around £130, then I'd probably just stick with the same one if it's for your cruiser, and you were happy with it.

If it's a friend though, definitely worth seeing if you and him can repair it.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip your bottle jack off and open it up, if its fubard, just buy a new bottle jack, there will be a sticker on the current one, so it should be a easy fix, pop a better jack in and stop it happening again lol

Surprised its popped a seal as I dont think you can buy a bottle jack smaller than a ton, and they normally have some headroom for safety, ok a 2 ton car is taking the piss, but still surprised.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1