BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is it possible for anyone to help with my survey

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

nathantech14
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:03 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just going with something that is going to get me a decent grade. my client is someone who suffers from discomfort especially in his wrist quite a lot so i am gravitating towards something that may be attachable to his glove that would allow him to stretch out his fingers and his whole wrist.
It may not be something that suits the needs of the biker population as a whole but more like something for a smaller target group.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:
im just going with something that is going to get me a decent grade.

Hence why you are receiving the sarcasm and (I assume) bullshit answers to your survey. 👍

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:02 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I get physical discomfort when it rains, I don't like getting wet. If you could design something that would keep me warm and dry in winter I would appreciate it.

If it didn't fall over and hurt other parts of me would be good too! Thumbs Up

I think you're on to something. Maybe you could have 3-4 friends with you at the same time as well.

Thumbs Up What a good idea Clapping

Wink Laughing

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 05:28 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:
the problem i am looking into is the physical discomfort of bikers and which methods there are to help alleviate it.

Are YOU a biker then? What discomfort do YOU suffer?
HINT: When I was 17 and riding a bike to and from tech every day during my A-Levels... You could probably have dropped an elephant on my head.. (I had to wait for marriage for that to happen!) And not thought it at all 'uncomfortable'... especially if I got a blow-job out of it.... (Which sort of explains marriage some, TBH, but still!)
At almost 50... my natural pain thresholds are a LITTLE higher.... (One of the many reasons I'm divorsed)... I DONT actually find many motorcycles particularly uncomfortable..... But then, Theres a lot of bikes I just would never even throw a leg over, because I KNOW they will painful be before I even try.... Like sports bikes.... no way am I going to try kneeling on the table top like a sub waiting for the gimp, in full leathers, and expecting it to be in ANY way 'comfy'!!! Many, MANY others do, though curiousely.... In that... you possibly could find a genuine marketing oportunity, B-U-T has bog all to do with actual practical 'comfort'!!!!

How to avoid 'discomfort'?! PRETTY SIMPLE!!!! I use the C-A-R! An armchair on wheels... its even MORE comfy if I can find some other twit to drive it and risk thier licence for me... like a Taxi Driver! Though they DO seem to try get revenge picking the streets with most speed bumps to bounce my bonce into the roof lining... so can be a bit swings and roundabouts! But still.

If you WANT to be comfy, you DO NOT ride a motorbike, end of! You take the train, or a bus, or a taxi, or something....

IF you are deturmined to ride a bike... you ride a bike... and you do it KNOWING you're not 'as comfy' as you could be...

For crisskis car has air-con! I can get in that and be wonderfully comfy irrespective of what I wear, and not have to compromise that comfort wondering whether its better to have a hard armour elbow pad digging in my forarm, or risk a more easily broken ulna.... while sweating in the summer and freezing in the winter getting wet when it rains!

nathantech14 wrote:
im just going with something that is going to get me a decent grade.

And there-in lies the.

First, you want a decent grade, pick something your teacher can understand, pick something YOU can understand.... and do your OWN chuffing home-work, dont expect us to do it for you.

Educated to a little higher than high school CDT level... I went on to project manage the Design and Development of air-to-air missiles for the military... after a little sabatical to put the first motor-bike 'Disck-Lock' on the UK bike market, curiousely.....

We didn't have smurphones or tinternet when I was at uni... we remembered that "Its all make believe! - This ent the real world!" and after getting cold wet and decidedly 'uncomfortable', and probably moved on by a couple of rent-a-plod in the shopping centre when we tried keeping selves and clip-board warm, and dry.... WE MADE IT UP!..... trick, however, is to make your made up replies 'believeable'.... HINT:-
Fin wrote:
Q: What is bike used for?
A: Sexual Intercourse

These ARE the real sort of answers you WOULD get if you asked real people in the real world... so if you make them up.... all the 'juvinile jests' you discount, PROBABLY are the tell to tutor that you made them up!

BUT, there are 60 million peoiple in the UK, over half of them have car licences, and there's more cars than foilk that can legally drive them; barely 1% of road transport is by bike and half of them are leisure bikers who dont ride every day, or because they have to, they ride 'just for fun', 'comfort' is far from at the top of thier lift of buying priorities! Or they would, take the chuffing car!

There are more lawn mowers in the UK than there are motorbikes.... and more folk that regularly use them... and for the ONE job... cutting the efin lawn.... Why do THEY choose a lawn mower? Becuse its cheap? Because its got a flashy paint job? Because its got the most comfortable handle?

Your teacher probably has more intimate knowledge of mowing lawns, and the 'problems' with lawn mowers than they do riding motorbikes....

Thirty odd years ago, co-incidentally, the ONE teacher who regularly not only rode a motorbike, but also comuted on it, a Suzuki GS850 shaft-drive, BTW, was also ONE of the three teachers for CDT... out of ALL the teachers in my school... probably about 30 OTMH, I think that there were probably two others who had ever ridden a powered-two-wheeler, let alone had any interest in them, less still any enthusiasm even less empathy or knowledge of the 'niggles' associated wit them.... as an every day means of transport... they could completely avoid, taking car or train or bus!!!!

So you want a good mark... pick something your CDT teacher is likely to have some knowledge and understanding of... like mowing the lawn, or using a touch screen on a tiny smuphone, or taking the lid of a blow molded milk bottle.... which has REAL and well known and understrood problems you mighty solve.... NOT a motorbike... which before you behin, is a very very monor market, in which theres a guge diversity of people buying them for an even more diverse set of reasons encountering even more diverse 'niggles', the biggest of which are NOT 'comfort', and which are have been tackled by many MANY far more qualified and knowledgeable folk than you.. without the use of a smorphone, or tinternet questionnaire!

A-N-D do your OWN effing home-work, dont use the bludy smurphone and expectr us to do it for you!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 05:43 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:
im just going with something that is going to get me a decent grade. my client is someone who suffers from discomfort especially in his wrist quite a lot so i am gravitating towards something that may be attachable to his glove that would allow him to stretch out his fingers and his whole wrist.
It may not be something that suits the needs of the biker population as a whole but more like something for a smaller target group.

So you need to delete your current survey and make a new one with questions that are better written.

Then you just make up all the results so that the conclusion drawn from the survey is exactly what you're wanting it to be. Mr. Green

You'll be marked on the questions in your survey because well written questions are necessary to get accurate and meaningful answers. To be blunt, your current questions are vague and crap. Even if 1,000 people answered your survey completely honestly, you wouldn't be any closer to identifying a problem to solve.

But... be careful not to try and solve a problem that either isn't a problem or that can already be easily addressed. In the case of your client, choosing a bike that doesn't cause discomfort in his wrists is the best solution. You could look for ways to change the riding position of his current bike so that it's more similar to bikes which don't cause him to be in pain

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:59 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:

At almost 50... my natural pain thresholds are a LITTLE higher.... (One of the many reasons I'm divorsed)

I suspect the other reasons can also be found in this post...
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:14 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:

At almost 50... my natural pain thresholds are a LITTLE higher.... (One of the many reasons I'm divorsed)

I suspect the other reasons can also be found in this post...

She got out before being........

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.mGtPRneml8AihN4iQwQZSgHaJs&w=131&h=160&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7[img]

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:06 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:
I don’t think you understand my point at all.

Oh, we've seen enough of these to get the point.

A2 Biker Discomfort Product wrote:
The form A2 Biker Discomfort Product is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake.

Crying or Very sad

Sounds like you're inventing a problem that a Cramp Buster will already solve.

You know what would be an actually useful task for a Product Design course? Imagine some original new widget that nobody has ever thought of before.

Then find all the many, many patents for it that will already exist. Explain why those patents were too vague to be valid, how they could be improved, or why they never went into production.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:11 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Re: Is it possible for anyone to help with my survey Reply with quote

Posts quoted before any go AWOL.

nathantech14 wrote:
Hi guys,
I know its possibly not the best place to post but since I need a wide client basis I thought the best bike chat forum would hopefully be the place to go to for my answers. I come from a biking background and know how friendly the biking community is, so I would really appreciate it if you guys could take a few minutes and help me with my A Level Product Design coursework.

Here's the link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3uAnk8NAeC4vS0_RCilH8hVE3EpzdyAHaBl9BS4vJy--ufw/viewform?usp=sf_link

nathantech14 wrote:
no weve just begun it Smile

nathantech14 wrote:
Basically I am leaning towards wearable tech so something that you could use to stretch properly for example. Ive not decided yet on what I am doing hence why i have made this to see what people think.

nathantech14 wrote:
I don’t think you understand my point at all. I have identified a possible problem and my course requires me to collect data on a possible product area that I can focus on which is why I have made a survey like everyone else in my class to see what the user group wants. Surely it would be pointless in creating a whole product and then it is not useful to anyone. I value your opinions as bikers and would rather make a product that the community might actually need instead of something I believe they need.

nathantech14 wrote:
the problem i am looking into is the physical discomfort of bikers and which methods there are to help alleviate it.

nathantech14 wrote:
im not disagreeing with that

nathantech14 wrote:
i did look into the problem that youve just brought up and went through it with my teacher but he seemed to think due to the amount of time I have available to make the actual product it wouldnt be possible

nathantech14 wrote:

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the demise of spunkpal has really had an effect on the level of criticism 🤣😂

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since OP can actually construct a sentence in legible English, and the survey isn't utterly stupid, I've filled it in.

OP needs to excuse the barrage of sarcasm, you wouldn't believe the cretinous garbage most students post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:26 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
the survey isn't utterly stupid

First question should be whether the respondent is suffering any pain.

Finger and elbow pain isn't listed.

The bike list has "sports" and "super sports" separately, but doesn't list the three most popular types: adventure, naked and scooters.

It only cares what I'll pay for wearable tech. Why ask about bike mounted tech then?

My problem (fingers, elbows, not listed) already has a solution. I've let OP know.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:

Hmm .....
right ....
how about?
https://www.steeringdevelopments.co.uk/_assets/img/products/sdmotiondrive/03_sdmotiondrive.jpg

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 17:06 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Err, curiousely neighbours still recount how I would be stood on the door-step having a fag, whilst she ranted away ALL on her own inside... and I'd leave her to it! I couldn't get a word in edgeways!

She'd tell me what my opinion was, THEN spend a week or three telling me why it was wrong!

Brilliant! I didn't have to say a thing, she's have the argument all on her own, I didn't even have to be in the same room!! I could have a fag on the doorstep!

It was a bit worrying, though, when she went quiet..... Had to check my wallet was in my pocket, and the cards were still in it....

Didn't help, much though.... I discovered during the divorce case, every time she failed to get her hands on my money.... she filled in one of them forms for a 'home-owner' loan, or ordered something from a catalogue!

My brief managed to get the 'bill' down to just under £20K... about 1/2 to 2/3 all the supposed 'communal liabilities' she tried to declare!!!

WAS quite humerouse when the judge sat listening to her whine trying to justify them all, complaining how I never paid for ANYTHING, and she HAD to take out these loans abd catalogues to put school cloths on the kids backs..... when my brief produced the catalogue bills and pointed out that they were mostly all for out-sized ladies clothing...... and we had ONE five year old daughter!!!!

(She had been running a 'club' flogging everything from the catalogues in the school yard and down the pub, and pocketing the cash, not paying the bill!)

WHY is divorce SO expensive? ITS WORTH IT!!! lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathantech14 wrote:
my client is someone who suffers from discomfort especially in his wrist quite a lot so i am gravitating towards something that may be attachable to his glove that would allow him to stretch out his fingers and his whole wrist.

If your "client" has been exposed to motorcycling at all in the last 20 years or so, he'd know that to stretch out your fingers and wrist you can buy one of these.

https://www.crampbuster.com/

[edit] Or one of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRUISE-CONTROL-BAR-UNIVERSAL-FITS-ALL-HANDLEBAR-SIZES-CRUCON-/272703089775

[another edit] Or one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49HGOzie7g
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2