Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

France from tomorrow speed limit goes down from 90 kmh to 80

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 30 Jun 2018    Post subject: France from tomorrow speed limit goes down from 90 kmh to 80 Reply with quote

As of tomorrow, the maximum speed goes from 90 to 80 km/h on 40% of the French roads. 80 kmh = 50 mph.

You have been warned:

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2018/06/385714/speed-limits-europes-roads
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this more to do with air quality I wonder, seeing as France have been very ruthless in banning most vehicles from Paris?

And what roads will the 80kmh be applied to, D-roads or N-roads?

I remember how surreal it was riding my Ninja in France on the lovely quiet and very smooth N-roads, and being at a nice steady 80mph (maybe Im getting mistaken for kmh Laughing ) and then suddenly coming into tiny villages with a 50kmh limit, and no advance warning of the speed limit change.

Still France was the best quality roads, least traffic, best biking and fastest speeds I've ever done on two wheels. However crap it is here on our shit roads today, I'll always remember France as a pinnacle moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:41 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Is this more to do with air quality I wonder

I believe it's the high number of rural road deaths. But I believe that's down to the high number of pissed up rurals weaving around in their Citroën DSes and running over drunk bikers lying comatose in the roads. Thus the mandatory reflective stickers on their lids.

When it doesn't have a damn bit of effect on fatalities, I wonder what Nounou State will inflict next.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree it's mainly about the accident rate, about 2x UK I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

RobMorris
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up - I am driving through France in the next couple of weeks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 268 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1