Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Helmet mounted camera with recycle mode?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

PMabbz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:02 - 08 Jul 2018    Post subject: Helmet mounted camera with recycle mode? Reply with quote

I'm looking to get a helmet mounted camera for rides. I really one one that acts like a dash Cam in that it has a recycle mode to save me constantly formatting the sd card.

Unfortunately as a new rider my budget is maxed at £150. I want something low profile that can be mounted to the helmet and has good video. I know GoPro are the go to device but I'm not sure they have the recycle mode I'm after.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 08 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the internet my friend!

Just get one with a lot of memory and good sound too so you can comment on other drivers/riders etc
Don't forget to put links to all your uploaded videos and vlogs here so we can all enjoy them

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend your 'budget' £150 on something useful like some training or similar. Why de fuk are you worrying about the price of cock cams?

OGR.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:00 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the cheapo ( £30 ) knock off Go-Pro's on eBay will have the recycle mode, but they are not ideal for helmet mounting, unless you want to look like a Telly Tubby and mount it on the top, mounting on the side just acts like a wind brake

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:27 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift Stealth 2 or Sena Prism Tube.

evilzed
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:42 - 09 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Drift Ghost X would do the job, it's more aero than go pros and has loop recording

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:56 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stealth 2 has poor battery life and changing the battery is difficult. I've been dissappointed with mine.

there are some cheap tube-type cameras out there that are worth investigating. I'm contemplating cycling through a few of them. Drift ghost x is pricey but has a replacale battery.

Mostly I rely on an Innov system fitted to the bike. Front and rear cameras, central concealable """brain""". Mine's a little flaky though.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
Welcome to the internet my friend!

Just get one with a lot of memory and good sound too so you can comment on other drivers/riders etc
Don't forget to put links to all your uploaded videos and vlogs here so we can all enjoy them

ISWYDT

You bad boy.

Very Happy

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift probably gets the best/popular vote.

I have not used one.

I have go pro. £200
I have an Ali Express go pro too £45 Cool

I made a dreadful error in purchasing a garmin camera. Locked up within hours of receipt.
Fired back to them for full/fool refund.

I'd like to try a drift but I'd like the reason to use it too.

My thought was to buy one and nigga rig it into the fairing so its always on.
But if you are concerned about SMIDSY then it requires 365 cover.
(Opinion) Vehicles probably get shunted as often as they hit other vehicles. Crying or Very sad

Tomzo47
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:05 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akaso EK 7000 - paid £40 for it and easily as good as a gopro for use as a dash cam. Has an continuous record function so will work the same as a car one by overwriting previous footage. battery life on all cameras are a bit crap though, my mate has his wired to his bike from his helmet!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Tom wrote:
Akaso EK 7000 - paid £40 for it and easily as good as a gopro for use as a dash cam. Has an continuous record function so will work the same as a car one by overwriting previous footage. battery life on all cameras are a bit crap though, my mate has his wired to his bike from his helmet!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WIFI-action-1080P-HD-DV-sports-recorder-Waterproof-Hunting-Sports-camera-camcorder/32780200509.html

I bought two.

The double button on the side helps navigate through the functions.
GoPro use a single button which is a bit of a butt hole.

Premises187
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:45 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift Ghost X - £129 and has a 5hr battery life (8hr with the longer life battery pack)

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:56 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Tom wrote:

dont use the shitty 3g to fix it onto your bike/helmet.

mine came off at around 100 and i couldnt even salvage the memory car the thing was obliterated.

(also couldnt get the sound to work)

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a drift stealth 2, has recycle mode, works well, doesn't turn you into a teletubby

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony action camera's have loop function too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1