2018 Husqvarna 701 Engine Failure

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:53 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I'll ring the finance company tomorrow and see what they say.

<i-am-also-post-a-popcorn-meme.gifv>

I would genuinely be interested in seeing the rental contract that you have with them. Is it available online?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 01:44 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the finance documents and all the small print, etc etc? I have them in paper form, could easily upload them...

Rang Santander today and within 5 minutes she refunded me 1.5 months as a payment in to my account. Nice.

Apparently all parts are with dealer, dealer is rebuilding engine and should be back with me next week... yeah ok.

Husky UK couldn't sound like they give any less fucks if they tried. Genuinely not really arsed about it all, they try and pie customers off on to the dealers and the dealers blame Husky and it goes round and round and round.

I've had several flag ship brand new bikes over the past 5-6 years and this is by far the shittest company I've dealt with. Customer service is zero to non existent.

Husky UK seem to be more interested in how you got their phone number, as if they're some kind of secret society that only dealers have the numbers for.

Fairly annoyed at how all of this has been handled to be fair. I've always wanted to try the 1290R but do I give KTM a chance from another dealer when I get rid of the V4?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:15 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Rang Santander today and within 5 minutes she refunded me 1.5 months as a payment in to my account. Nice.

And as it should be. Thumbs Up

Jayy wrote:
Husky UK couldn't sound like they give any less fucks if they tried. Genuinely not really arsed about it all, they try and pie customers off on to the dealers

As they should. Your Santander's contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer or importer.

I see that https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/gb/Footer/contact/ gives only an Austrian postal address for this Swedish company's UK customers. Laughing

Jayy wrote:
do I give KTM a chance from another dealer when I get rid of the V4?

The head says no, but the heart and groin want what they want.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:38 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Jayy wrote:
Husky UK couldn't sound like they give any less fucks if they tried. Genuinely not really arsed about it all, they try and pie customers off on to the dealers

As they should. Your Santander's contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer or importer.

I see that https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/gb/Footer/contact/ gives only an Austrian postal address for this Swedish company's UK customers. Laughing

It's not the dealers fault that the decompressor thing fell in the engine and ruined it... that would be Husky as they manufacture the bike?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put. The dealer is the retailer. The sale was agreed with the retailer. It's their choice to stock shoddy goods; and their problem to recoup their losses.

If you bought an LG TV from Richer Sounds that was duff, would you expect Richer Sounds to send you a new one or are you sending your TV back to the manufacturer abroad to resolve?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 18:16 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

If you bought an LG TV from Richer Sounds that was duff, would you expect Richer Sounds to send you a new one or are you sending your TV back to the manufacturer abroad to resolve?

Depends on how long the issue occurred. Quite common really that 30 odd days return to store or if it's a warranty issue, you have to send your shit to the manufacturer.

Had to send back various items of tech, such as headsets etc to Europe.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:39 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
It's not the dealers fault that the decompressor thing fell in the engine and ruined it

It is as far as consumer legislation is concerned.

As it should be.

Santander bought the bike from that trader, not from Husqvarna.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper procedure is to go via your finance company.

Find Dottyduck's thread on returning her Duke 390.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 03:53 - 14 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, the bike is apparently going to be ready mid next week so we'll see.

I REALLY hope they haven't fucking scratched it or damaged it whilst doing any of this as a few of my mates have had issues with scratched frames when just installing airboxes never mind the engine being dropped in / out.

Dropped an email to Husky motorcycles support address... nothing. Completely and utterly blanked.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 14 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

would appear that all 2018 bikes are not involved in the recall ...

Bomble
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:53 - 14 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which dealer did you buy it from? I think some 18’s were affected, mine wasn’t luckily.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:49 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Jayy wrote:
in a Husky frame

Not sure even that.
https://cdn-6.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/newvehicles/2017/nv5003673_0.jpg
https://cdn-6.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/newvehicles/2017/nv541150_0.jpg
When KTM bought Husaberg, the 'Husaberg' 300cc 2 stroke was just a blue KTM.

On the opposite side - as far as I understood it, the Husaberg parallel twins were just lightly tweaked BMW F800 twins in a funner chassis.

Since KTM bought Husaberg, suddenly they have a similar capacity engine in the same format!

Somewhere I'm sure I've seen 'all new' engine; but I do wonder if that perhaps means 'new for KTM'.

Well they have painted the frame white, so could well be "all new". Laughing

Husaberg were closed down a few years back if I recall correctly. However they had just been blue and yellow KTMs for a couple of years back that.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:57 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Central strut on the frame above the engine is slightly angled differently too.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:05 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
That Central strut on the frame above the engine is slightly angled differently too.

That could just be "tolerances". Razz

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 01:13 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Copycat - It's not all 18 models, was only a "small batch" which is what the always say. One of my mates has already had his bike back in and some work done on it as his was affected.

@Bomble - Manchester Motorcycles

Bomble
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:03 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly bought mine from there, glad I didn’t now, thought the owner was a clown, salesman seemed sound though.
Ended up getting mine from appleyards.
Hope you get it sorted, must be well annoying in this weather.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 03:54 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole experience has been wank to say the least. The bike is/was the only thing any good about it all when it was working.

I won't go back to to this particular dealer after all this, rather pay to ship it a bit further afield and get it taken care of elsewhere.

Husqvarna KTM themselves or at least their head office are a bunch of cunts too.

Did I mention that Huqvarna UK head office (based at Silverstone) that their husqvarna uk contact telephone number head office ktm customer support telephone number for contacting husqvarna is 01327 850 350

Husqvarna Motorcycles UK contact number 01327 850 350

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame it's that way, but I still think alot of it falls to their no warranty race bike ethos that Stinkwheel mentioned.

I can't believe that the big 4 couldn't produce a trick 650cc road supermoto with proper dealer back up, better development and more built in reliability. I guess this is where KTM etc excel as they still build bikes light which eats away at the reliability side of the equation.

Maybe Ducati could Saw the 1299R engine in half and make a 90bhp supermoto theoretically too? If it's even a bit more reliable than the European competition derived bikes it should sell a treat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomble wrote:
Which dealer did you buy it from? I think some 18’s were affected, mine wasn’t luckily.

https://www.colinappleyard.com/contact/keighley-bikes

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:46 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

I can't believe that the big 4 couldn't produce a trick 650cc road supermoto with proper dealer back up, better development and more built in reliability. I guess this is where KTM etc excel as they still build bikes light which eats away at the reliability side of the equation.

Indeed regarding weight; see things like the XTZ660.
KTM's slogan is 'ready to race' and while it may not apply to trail bikes and the SM versions - they're still the most 'hardcore' available pretty much.

And they haven't got the resources of the big companies.

Add to a pretty small market and I suspect it's not worth it generally - though see the new CRF450L, which is interesting, albeit with very short service intervals.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:11 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the bike back. Picked it up yesterday, had it wheeled out the shop and it wouldn't start.

Whacked it on a charger for 30 mins and was good. Whatever the work done to it to fix the recall issue, it struggles to turn over and start as easily.

My pal has had his in for the same job (not a blow engine, just had the decompressor thing loctite'd up) and his is also doing the same. I mean, it's not a big issue so long as it does actually start.

Few scratches on the frame too on my bike, which I was told had happened to a few of my mates bikes too.

Bike rides mint though, no issues there. Happy to have it back and went out with the group last night on them, lot of fun.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I have the bike back. Picked it up yesterday, had it wheeled out the shop and it wouldn't start.

Whacked it on a charger for 30 mins and was good. Whatever the work done to it to fix the recall issue, it struggles to turn over and start as easily.

My pal has had his in for the same job (not a blow engine, just had the decompressor thing loctite'd up) and his is also doing the same. I mean, it's not a big issue so long as it does actually start.

Few scratches on the frame too on my bike, which I was told had happened to a few of my mates bikes too.

Bike rides mint though, no issues there. Happy to have it back and went out with the group last night on them, lot of fun.

My KTM is really, I mean properly hyper, sensitive to battery condition. If they've not cared for the battery particularly well then I guess that could be a reason for the lethargy.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
My KTM is really, I mean properly hyper, sensitive to battery condition. If they've not cared for the battery particularly well then I guess that could be a reason for the lethargy.

Mine used to die after 5 days on the 990, didn't bother me as had the optimate plugged in. But it died completely on me during a ride out so I replaced it with a JMT lithium ion one and it still has 60% charge after 2 weeks of being left, so has made a big difference considering most people say their battery dies after 2 weeks Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:19 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Few scratches on the frame too on my bike

Anything that's likely to cause problems when the PCP runs out and you hand it back?

Last edited by Rogerborg on 07:01 - 20 Jul 2018; edited 1 time in total

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:40 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never own a bike when the PCP runs out, get rid of them way before that. Just fucking annoying that a 3 month old bike which was brand new, has been scratched on the frame in a couple places and on the engine too (which I just discovered today).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3