Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

80/85cc exhaust on a Derbi Senda

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

jordanrbaker
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:05 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: 80/85cc exhaust on a Derbi Senda Reply with quote

Hi I have a Derbi Sends that I'm currently just working on as I little project. It has a 80cc cylinder and piston 24mm carb and all that stuff.

But it need a new exhaust so I was looking on eBay and used fmf and stock exhausts for 80/85cc are really cheap what would happen if I put it on the derbi and before anyone losses it I will make it fit with custom mounting

Just curious of what the power would be like with say a stock cr 80 exhaust would it be the same as an aftermarket derbi exhaust?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:15 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the CR is more peaky competition/race bike, the Senda is a dinky commuter for rudeboyz. It'll probably fuck it up, rather than make it better. The engines are different and 2 strokes have exhausts designed specifically for that range of engines more often than not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:56 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get an exhaust designed for the bike. loads to choose from, arrow, giannelli, technigas etc
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hI,
I'm gonna go against what the others have said.
why?
surely an exhaust or rather, an expansion chamber meant for the derbi is meant for the standard 50cc version?
with yours being 80cc I reckon it would in fact be a restriction (especially if you have a biggwr carb as well)
so fitting an expansion chamber off something closer to 80cc might free up a fair bit of extra power.
although I'm not sure 1 from a cr80 fits, I'm sure it will be better than the stock pipe.
just my opinion, ignore it you want

cheers,
GAZ

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stirlinggaz wrote:

You should ignore it - He doesn't know how expansion chambers work.

It won't free up power. Expansion chamber are both sized and shaped for sepcific applications. If a chamber is too big or small, bad things happen, but you will, at the very least, lose power, not gain any. If it's shaped incorrectly, it will effectively "move the powerband" to different areas in the rev range.

If you want to know how they work, there are plenty of papers/videos that give an overview of it. I hope you like maths if you want details.

Now, if it's the endcan, then you may get away with it. Just be aware that a can made for a crosser is going to be loud as fuck, and will probably get you pulled by the police.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do make good pipes for the various big bore kits and stroked crank big cc Derbi engines though. A good exhaust company like Yasuni or Metrakit, Top performance etc would have something suited to an 80cc kit.

A Honda CR80 exhaust might work, best bet would be make one fit and take it to a dyno to see what you get from it. Your ideally going to want a programmable ignition to dial in a totally different pipe though.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:37 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully advocate buying the most expensive exhaust that you can find.

Then when it doesn't fit, or fvcks the fuelling, ask again in the Workshop section.

jordanrbaker
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:36 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy put a kx 85 exhaust on his derbi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVNKSn4Ck0

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:25 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stirlinggaz wrote:
hI,
I'm gonna go against what the others have said.
why?
surely an exhaust or rather, an expansion chamber meant for the derbi is meant for the standard 50cc version?
with yours being 80cc I reckon it would in fact be a restriction (especially if you have a biggwr carb as well)
so fitting an expansion chamber off something closer to 80cc might free up a fair bit of extra power.
although I'm not sure 1 from a cr80 fits, I'm sure it will be better than the stock pipe.

cheers,
GAZ

The Motorcross 80cc bikes aren't even comparable to derbi 70/80's. They aren't pushing out over 20hp.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

You should ignore it - He doesn't know how expansion chambers work.

It won't free up power. Expansion chamber are both sized and shaped for sepcific applications. If a chamber is too big or small, bad things happen, but you will, at the very least, lose power, not gain any. If it's shaped incorrectly, it will effectively "move the powerband" to different areas in the rev range.

If you want to know how they work, there are plenty of papers/videos that give an overview of it. I hope you like maths if you want details.

Now, if it's the endcan, then you may get away with it. Just be aware that a can made for a crosser is going to be loud as fuck, and will probably get you pulled by the police.

Hi,
how the hell do you presume I don't know how expansion chambers work?
i have access to same calculations & formalae as you &
I probably own more 2t bikes than most ppl.
& my point was, a pipe meant for a standard 50cc will be a restriction on a bike with 80cc & a bigger carb.
you can't disagree with that?
since the op stated 80/80cc exhausts were cheap? why not try 1?
have you ever tried it. I have. with dyno prints to prove.
I agree it might move the powerband, although in my experience stinger length has more of an effect here.
I did say a pipe for a cr80 would probably be unsuitable.
what would be ideal is a custom made expansion chamber but price might be prohibitI've.
if ppl don't try new things, they don't learn anything.

cheers,
GAZ

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 15 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat it, that's the problem with 2strokes, every fucker out there thinks they know what they are doing and how to tune them.

We can all read a few books, surf the forums and speak to tuners, and then we all think we know it all and can build the perfect motor that's got explosive performance in our sheds.

I sometimes think I've got something sussed out and know how it works and what to do with it. Reality is I know fuck all about them and what makes a great motor. The more you read and learn about them the more complicated and involved you realise they are and the less you understand about what's going on.

Unless someone has their own dyno, and machine shop and a decent supply of engines to play with, the chances are we'll always know fuck all about what's going on inside and what effect changes to things will make.

For the keen diy tuner with access to such services, it could take 5years of playing and experimenting to take say a 55bhp 250cc to 65bhp.

Sorry to OP for off topic, but you can get good aftermarket big bore suited pipes for the Derbi engine, I'd buy one and set up the carb and ignition to suit, instead of messing about with old cut and shut MX pipes, unless you've got access to the above services?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1