Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

First USA trackday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 17:33 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: First USA trackday Reply with quote

Drastically different than what I experienced in the UK.

Much less hobbyists taking there sport bikes on the track for the weekend much more serious trackers.

90% track bikes and most had race slicks with tire warmers .

I went into the inters group as I've not been on track for over 5 years and was surprised to see the pace closer to advanced in the UK with me being the only bike with lights and a plate .

Took to a couple sessions to get to pace with the bottom half of the group but overall it went well.

Test rode the new Ducati V4s which was just an incredible bike.

Summit Point was a decent track, recently resurfaced.

No pictures unfortunately , no photographers and I was there on my own so had no one to take pics .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:56 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds exactly like trackdays in the UK in 2018. I don't think the pace and makeup of the groups is different in the US, I just think you've been out of it for a few years bud!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:40 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Re: First USA trackday Reply with quote

I presume there wasn't an upcoming raceweekend, etc?

I've been on some UK trackdays where it's like you describe (presuming you're not just a bit rusty, as suggested) - and been one of those in inters in the past when noted I was on an SV650 - and went on to get a 4th the following race weekend at that track. (Okay, only Mallory in this case - I think a few litre road bikes were feeling a bit emasculated as various commuters with track fairings were farting past easily Smile.)

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there a lot of high fives?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 14:54 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little rusty but that aside I've never been in a group where I'm literally the only road bike with road tires in intermediate.

But the end of the day I was pushing mid pack rookie race times so I can't be that old and rusty.
I always used to track old and outdated machinery too, the 1299 is an absolute animal on track.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1