Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fair price for an 02 Cbr600 F-Sport, 37,000 miles

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JackDG
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:24 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Fair price for an 02 Cbr600 F-Sport, 37,000 miles Reply with quote

02 CBR 600 F-Sport, 37000 miles

It has been professionally painted white, but looks really good. Obviously I will check for evidence that its been down the road!

Apart from that its fairly unmolested. has had the mild steel pipes replaced.

Asking price is 1800. I feel 1500 is a fair price considering its age and miles. Completely clean MOT.

Is this price right?

Cheers!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:55 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the advert?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say £1800 is too high.

Why?

I bought my latest CBR (can't help it I like 'em). For £1600 and it had all sorts of nice parts on it.

I of course took them off and put nicer parts on it.

Plus mine had 25000miles on it, but it did have an after market fairing and a busted radiator.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JackDG
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:59 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Link to the advert?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/hondacbr600-f-2002/13073

Last edited by JackDG on 17:59 - 06 Sep 2018; edited 2 times in total

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be tempted - but would be thinking an '04 20k bike would crop up almost immediately after buying that one. Also a bit concerned why respray.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:12 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have seen worse bikes being sold for more than that. Smile

Are the fairings aftermarket?

MOT history doesn't reveal any horrors. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk and the reg is SL02 LVR.

Advert has only been up for two days so doesn't raise questions about why it hasn't sold yet. Would expect it to sell by the weekend assuming there's nothing wrong with it.

It's done 20 miles since October 2015? Confused

£1,800 no. £1,500 maybe.

Subject to stuff like bearings, chain & sprockets, tyres, brake pads and other consumable parts not being at the end of their lives.

What service history (either dealer, private garage or DIY) has it got and is it due any major servicing any time soon?

JackDG
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:16 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Have seen worse bikes being sold for more than that. Smile

Are the fairings aftermarket?

MOT history doesn't reveal any horrors. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk and the reg is SL02 LVR.

Advert has only been up for two days so doesn't raise questions about why it hasn't sold yet. Would expect it to sell by the weekend assuming there's nothing wrong with it.

It's done 20 miles since October 2015? Confused

£1,800 no. £1,500 maybe.

Subject to stuff like bearings, chain & sprockets, tyres, brake pads and other consumable parts not being at the end of their lives.

What service history (either dealer, private garage or DIY) has it got and is it due any major servicing any time soon?

thanks for this, very useful info. I'll be sure to refer to this when I go view on thursday. If it checks out I'll offer 1300, willing to meet at 1500 in the middle.

Unless of course I see something before!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:19 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you want a pre-RR RR which apparently came with hooky fuel injection as stock? They're not comfy bikes - workmate chopped his RR in for an F.

I'd definitely try before you buy or you could be the next owner who rides it to and from an MOT every year or so.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was the F. Confused

JackDG
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:38 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Are you sure you want a pre-RR RR which apparently came with hooky fuel injection as stock? They're not comfy bikes - workmate chopped his RR in for an F.

I'd definitely try before you buy or you could be the next owner who rides it to and from an MOT every year or so.

This is the first I've heard about the fuel injection / uncomfortable. Searching here everyone praised the bike! I'll do some more homework...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:39 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

F-Sport. Ah, it looks like it has the same geometry as the F, rather than the tortuous RR, just a plank thin split seat. Maybe not so bad then, and I expect any FI issues will have been sorted one way or another.

I still wouldn't buy it based purely on its looks though. Note that the owner is keeping a 61,000 mile R850 in preference to it.

JackDG
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:52 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

F-Sport. Ah, it looks like it has the same geometry as the F, rather than the tortuous RR, just a plank thin split seat. Maybe not so bad then, and I expect any FI issues will have been sorted one way or another.

I still wouldn't buy it based purely on its looks though. Note that the owner is keeping a 61,000 mile R850 in preference to it.

BMW owners run on different rules Laughing

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:52 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackDG wrote:
Obviously I will check for evidence that its been down the road!

Bar ends, indicators, painted swingarm & engine cases, covered frame, new exhaust and fairings - need any more evidence than that? Laughing Make sure the forks aren't bent.

It'll be easy to fix whatever is still/or will go/ wrong, parts are available as it's such a common bike that's OK to work on.

I doubt you'll ever lose much money on it.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine in 2012 for 2k at 28k miles - replacing with the same, locally, looks like cost more than back then - prices have not dropped. Almost at 100k miles now. Headlight is excellent - ideal for winter commuting in bad conditions.

I do like the gloss vinyl wrapped? infill panels, looks much better than unpaintable/textured pp.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:23 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dem chicken strips

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:24 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dem chicken strips

City Bike. Folded arms

It's not really though, it's Honda's actual Raciest Race track bike from the period, pre the Race Raciest Racier model. I have no idea why folk insist on using these things as commuters. I guess the heart (and groin) want what they want.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:31 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I have no idea why folk insist on using these things as commuters. I guess the heart (and groin) want what they want.

When I had one, I thought it was very comfortable indeed.

Now I have something else that's actually comfortable, I just think it's comfortable for a sports bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
I have no idea why folk insist on using these things as commuters. I guess the heart (and groin) want what they want.

When I had one, I thought it was very comfortable indeed.

Now I have something else that's actually comfortable, I just think it's comfortable for a sports bike.

I don't find it too bad, the 120-150 mile tank range means you're stopping a couple of times on a big blast.

Legs are ok, pretty big for a 600 these days so there's loads of room to adjust your position while riding, but my top half and back can suffer after a full day.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:57 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF wrote:
[Faint praise]

Looks nice in white though. Whistle

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid £1,800 for a 1999 R1 with 28k on the clock,
all original fairing in very good condition and working as it should...
It's a bloooo one Very Happy

I loved my old 98 CBR600F but still... £1,500 at a push

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:24 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:

The 1998 version and 1999 version are very different.

The change from carb to FI with the FS and the F4i is a smaller change.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
skatefreak wrote:

The 1998 version and 1999 version are very different.

The change from carb to FI with the FS and the F4i is a smaller change.

I very much agree with you there however I paid £550 for my 98 CBR600F (not dropped but half resprayed in orange so sprayed it again myself) so thinking about it realistically (I'm a pretty tight arse), £1500 is about the most I would conceivably pay for a re-sprayed (whai?) ,16 year old, 37k sports bike Laughing

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a 2001 CBR600f (not a sport model) with 34k on it for £1525 three weeks ago. Mine had minor, unrepaired crash damage on one side, had motads, scorpion end can, braided lines etc. Stack of receipts dating back to 2001. I paid £2000 in 2009 with half the miles and no crash damage - bike prices gone up loads, I blame UK bikes being exported to EU member states.

The sport models go for a bit more, but that one presumably suffered a bigger crash. Paint job looks good though. FYI that end can looks to be a cut and welded OEM can so check the downpipes for mega rust as they might be the originals - the bit of downpipe under the bike looks to be a rusty OEM but it's hard to tell. Replacements are a pita as even if you can get the pipes off without the studs snapping there is a lack of decent replacements. Cheap downpipes give it a stutter at 7k, motads are perfect, but cost £££s and they've stopped trading.

Somewhere in the region of £1500 seems about right but frankly if they are OEM downpipes I'd hard pass.

Last edited by DrDonnyBrago on 11:49 - 26 Jul 2018; edited 1 time in total

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I find the CRB f very comfy. I've had a few and I'm currently riding a 2004.
Of course, this is very subjective and will depend on your own built in padding (of which I have plenty), your height, riding style etc.

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:01 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

currently ride a 02 cbr f-sport for london commuting, reason I bought it is because I like sports bikes and this is one of the more comfortable/larger sports bikes (being 6ft2 19st), comfier was the old gsxr600 but damn its ugly.

i probably paid a bit more than i should, around 6 months ago, £2.5k ish, 20k miles, main dealer service history, fully stamped, no damage to bike (plus best colour - red and black Mr. Green ). would think around £1.5k would be a good deal for the one you have if no major damage?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3