Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How rekt is South Africa?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Maybe the colonists got in when the going was good. Enabled their economies using the riches from foreign lands. Bailed out when the going got tough and are now trying to close the doors.
I don't think colour is the factor. Tribalism, illiteracy and dumb-fuck religion are high scoring cards for the shambles of the colonies.

The west believe they understand society but they only deal with “civilised“ versions.

And no big joint WWIII to keep the poor in their place and stimulate western economies.

Of course colour isn't the factor, it's many things that I am sure are way more complicated than I understand. However to me it seems there is something fundamentally wrong (different?) with sub Saharan culture.

You say tribalism and maybe thats true, but there has been tribalism in every other early society. It's just that as time went on small tribes assimilated into larger tribes and so on. Whether by choice or force. It doesn't seem to happen in African society.

Every other civilisation on every corner of the planet has created masterpieces of construction, of literature, of music, of destruction (war).

They say Africa was the birthplace of man and then he spread out from there. They started as hunter gatherers.

When the early tribes were building Stonehenge they (in Africa) were hunter gatherers.

When the Egyptians were building the pyramids they were hunter gatherers.

When the Chinese built the terracotta army and the great wall they were hunter gatherers.

When the South American Incas and Mayans were building fabulous cities they were hunter gatherers.

etc. etc,

They were still hunter gatherers when the colonials came in numbers in the 1800's

How can such a large, diverse group from a huge continent be so stagnant over such a large period of time?

Most of the writing on the subject blames colonisation like MCN says above, but what about those thousands of years before where there was minimal influence in Africa?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Of course colour isn't the factor, it's many things that I am sure are way more complicated than I understand. However to me it seems there is something fundamentally wrong (different?) with sub Saharan culture.

You say tribalism and maybe thats true, but there has been tribalism in every other early society. It's just that as time went on small tribes assimilated into larger tribes and so on. Whether by choice or force. It doesn't seem to happen in African society.

Every other civilisation on every corner of the planet has created masterpieces of construction, of literature, of music, of destruction (war).

They say Africa was the birthplace of man and then he spread out from there. They started as hunter gatherers.

When the early tribes were building Stonehenge they (in Africa) were hunter gatherers.

When the Egyptians were building the pyramids they were hunter gatherers.

When the Chinese built the terracotta army and the great wall they were hunter gatherers.

When the South American Incas and Mayans were building fabulous cities they were hunter gatherers.

etc. etc,

They were still hunter gatherers when the colonials came in numbers in the 1800's

How can such a large, diverse group from a huge continent be so stagnant over such a large period of time?

Most of the writing on the subject blames colonisation like MCN says above, but what about those thousands of years before where there was minimal influence in Africa?

What you've just described is an arsehole.
Where Africa is the arse and it's inhabitants are the shit that comes out of it. Let it fall in the same place and you just get a big pile of shit, spread it out and all sorts of good things grow.
HTH Thumbs Up Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:06 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I don't think colour is the factor.

Brain function is the one physical attribute that's not inheritable because... ?

MCN wrote:
Tribalism, illiteracy and dumb-fuck religion

Shouldn't effect the result of any decent IQ test.

Europe was once a cess pit of tribalism, illiteracy and dumb-fuck religion.

Who civilised us? Was it aliens?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the Sub-Saharan continent is easy hunter gatherer countryside so the big homosapien brain is not taxed so much to find sustenance and shelter.

Living in the colder North is possibly not as easy. Plans must be made for seasonal shortages and if you do not plan you do not exist more than one trip around the sun.

And it goes without saying that the issue is multifaceted.

It has always been easy for White Westies to simply take a quick look and say, 'It's becoz they is blick.'

Tribalism, Education and Religion are not progressive issues, the way things happen is something to do with chance. A lot of what Europe is comes down to chance. (Although if one throws enough times the odds can be reduced.)

There are a handful of individuals in European history who determined change and affected the way many people think.
And communication is a vital part of modern civilised society too.

And if one lives in tropical regions one realises how exhausting it is to 'work' there. It is far easier to lie around in the shade than rush around building cathedrals and stuff.

If we look at all the reasons Europe thrives/thrived and Africa (All of Africa) dithers then the picture is clear.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It brings a whole new meaning to the idea of the two different species of apes in "Planet of the Apes" though doesn't it?

The DNA doesn't have that distinction between races though.

Or are you being spiteful?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgflip.com/2ee4jw.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:44 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Skudd wrote:
Face the facts, England and Margret Thatcher are to blame.

Nah, Thatcher was responsible for removing vile, sour, luke warm milk enforcement, from my primary school.

She ma hero....

One kids sour milk is another kids cream, I lived of that milk, she was a wicked old lady

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:34 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
If we look at all the reasons Europe thrives/thrived and Africa (All of Africa) dithers then the picture is clear.

Thick or lazy or profligate Europeans died and didn't pass on those genes. There's no need to spin more a complicated story, unless you're desperately seeking Wakanda.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:42 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Did the whole thing about the athletic, strong, violent but stupid gorillas and the lighter coloured, weaker but more intelligent chimps pass you by unnoticed then?

What do you think the 2 types of apes represented, if evolution was taken into account?

Have you watched the film and understood it?

It's Hollywood FFS.

That is not scientific reasoning.

Very Happy

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:33 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Itchy wrote:
And non south African nations will leave them alone to make their own mistakes and forge their own nation right?

Or do you think they might intervene?

Many nations today are where they are now because they were left alone to make their mistakes and learn from them.

The UK went through this process centuries ago.

As did the US about 100-150 years ago.

East Asia went through the process in 61 years.

Hell that's why I poke fun at the super hard brexit types.

Everybody there keeps mistaking me for a remainer and they think it's going to be super. It's rarely ever super though.

Phew, I was getting a bit worried that I was going to be up in front of the Racial police. Thank you Itchy for re-educating me that all ills can be laid at the door of imperialism. Specifically British Imperialism.

Thank goodness we are chucking money at these countries so they can get over their collective trauma and move on to the next civil war/famine/genocide.

Rolling Eyes

To be fair, there's a pretty strong correlation between regions that are/were heavily colonised and regions that are currently fucked.

Only interesting thing to consider is whether it was the colonisation that fucked them, or were these places, due to various cultural, geographic and timing factors, destined to be colonised by someone at some point no matter what?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:54 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

To be fair, there's a pretty strong correlation between regions that are/were heavily colonised and regions that are currently fucked.

What of India?
Two things I can see that hold them back somewhat. Massive population to feed, and the vagaries of the monsoon closely tied into that.
Other than that, they don't appear to be doing badly? Better than most of Africa?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:45 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
dumb-fuck religion

I dunno, many things to dislike about religion but I don't think its influence has been all bad everywhere. Look at art, architecture, law in Britain and Europe - much achieved in the name of religion.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:09 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Only interesting thing to consider is whether it was the colonisation that fucked them, or were these places, due to various cultural, geographic and timing factors, destined to be colonised by someone at some point no matter what?

Regions rich in natural resources, but with a low technology and therefore low density and undefended population who weren't exploiting those local resources (except Wakanda)?

Colonialism is a consequence, not a cause. They were asking for it. Really, gammons are the real victims here.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:12 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Regions rich in natural resources, but with a low technology and therefore low density and undefended population who weren't exploiting those local resources (except Wakanda)?

Colonialism is a consequence, not a cause. They were asking for it. Really, gammons are the real victims here.

Zheng He landed around what is known as modern Mozambique in 1425-1430 with 20,000 men and the biggest navy until WW2. They took a giraffe and went home.

An Italian 50 years later landed in the Americas.

The outcomes are vastly different.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:24 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

That's what I'm saying, Europeans are predisposed to spread better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order. And all that in return for some intrinsically valueless shiny pebbles that the locals weren't using anyway.

What did China-China-China ever do for Africa?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Itchy wrote:

That's what I'm saying, Europeans are predisposed to spread better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order. And all that in return for some intrinsically valueless shiny pebbles that the locals weren't using anyway.

Stopped the Europeans getting there?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:59 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

European countries used to have a superiority complex. We appear to have passed that mantle on to China Itchy.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Currently quit a lot actually.

https://www.quora.com/Is-China-colonizing-Africa

The interesting difference is that the projects are all business-minded, rather than smash and grab. A fairly well-known example is that of the Ethiopia railway project, where the Chinese government are putting in a railway system and have agreed to hand it over to the locals once construction and training is complete. The idea is that the country develops in a way that keeps both sides happy and allows for long term partnership for economic gain.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out when China steps back and lets Ethiopia take the reigns. The cynic in me foresees dilapidation.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might seem racist, but it's merely an observation.
It seems to me that crime/violence is still at the heart of black culture. If you look at any black run country, they are either poorly run by militia, dictator or dodgy democratic head. They are all either in some kind of civil war, or just out of one, with atrocities still ongoing in many African states (check out youtube videos on liberian/ethiopian/seirra leone warlords for example).
Over here in the civilised world, there seems to be a smaller and diluted culture of this ongoing, what with all these inner city killings being mostly turf war/drug related. America has its own set of problems regarding this, which is possibly beyond repair, as the blm movement/liberals just jump all over anything considered to be negative racially. Facts need to be addressed, Black people commit more crime than white people, the source of this issue is what needs fixing.

Maybe the cultural issues will take decades to fix in Africa, but they themselves need to stop blaming the west for keeping them down. Yes they sell the warlords arms, yes they fuck them over for resources etc, but they chose to let it happen, when they dont they create Zimbabwe/SA, These countries now need to work out how to deal and trade better with each other to truly end the problems of the west. Africa is hugely resource-rich, if they worked together I'm pretty sure they could boom and flourish within a generation,It was only this year that they organised a trade deal between themselves, that alone is shocking.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:30 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
This might seem racist, but it's merely an observation.

Not really all you are describing are the growing pains of nations. ALL nations WITHOUT exception go through these processes.

Some of these nations can also regress through internal and external factors. Some of them recover some of them don't. The Kingdom of Mali never recovered. They had so much gold they made it worthless. Nor did the Zulus.

Some of them are absorbed into other nations (Wales for instance).

The UK has had it's dictators (Cromwell), Civil wars, ultra crime periods and has prosperous periods Elizabeth I for instance. Same with other places like Tang Dynasty, Song, Ming dynasties.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Over here in the civilised world

Laughing

That's how you've been taught to see these things. Makes 'us' feel better than 'them'.

The Civilised World

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:52 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Pjay wrote:

Over here in the civilised world

Laughing

That's how you've been taught to see these things. Makes 'us' feel better than 'them'.

The Civilised World

https://www.genocidewatch.org/images/White_Genocide_TVA.pdf

white genocide in SA
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5