Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How rekt is South Africa?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:52 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ethnics are given more rights than the majority? Which Chinese propaganda books have your been reading?
)

And yet you say you think critically yet you swallow it without question?

There are a number of things off my head:

One child policy (now two) has never applied.

Education for their children is free and university is subsidised. It's not free for Han people.

They are given access to interest free loans at 17 to build businesses.

The atheists only for government positions doesn't apply.

Their regions are exempt from confederation. This means any taxes they raise do not need to be sent to central government AND they get their own version of the Barnett formula meaning they get more spend per capita on them.

They need lower scores in the Gaokao university entrance exams.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

He's got you there Polar; not having to drown your third offspring in the local stream is hella benefit bro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:10 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

You missed the point entirely. The you made was that western society was the pinnacle of human development and therefore everybody should seek to emulate westerners and be changed possibly by force into them.

This is an incredibly arrogant view and it's incredibly similar to the age of Imperialism. Ah those savages!!! We must civilise them.

Civilisations rise and fall. Tang, Ming, Yuan, Qing were just as arrogant. They thought they were the pinnacle of civilisation. They hoped for 10,000 years (forever) it didn't work out that way. I recognise this, a lot of others don't. We can see the Brexit thread where there is massive exceptionalism going on.

Quote:
The end goal still needs to be a country that by and large follows the rules, and more importantly is trusted to pay back debts.

Or not actually take on those debts. As debts can be a way to control other nations. USSR loaned China $300 million in 1951. The Sino-Soviet split happened a few years later. The USSR asked for it back. Many Chinese starved to pay back those loans.

Also seigniorage / money printing (by many parties) is welching on your debt by any other name.

Quote:
Until that point, corrupt individuals may well thrive, but the country itself will languish behind. It'll take decades of investment and development to modernise many of these countries, and nobody will put their money there until they believe they'll see it back.

Not true as demonstrated by the PRC. Where did all the investment in the 70s, 80s and 90s come from? It came from other Chinese people overseas. A lot also came from infrastructure banks (Chinese owned) in HK.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for derailing this China-China-China thread, but I have to commend South Africans on their ruthless dedication to capitalism.

Compete on price and service? That's loser talk. Just massacre the opposition. Job done.

Related, it looks like Rhodesia is starting to acknowledge that slaughtering white farmers and gifting the land to the Inner Party isn't quite the winning strategy that it at first appeared.

I wonder if South Africa will make the same mistake, as they seem hell bent on doing, or if they'll learn from that?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:34 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Itchy wrote:

He's got you there Polar; not having to drown your third offspring in the local stream is hella benefit bro.

I hold my hands up to that. Civilisation at it's best. Perhaps we ought to drown a few sinkhoile babies at birth. I'd go for the males though, generally they turn out worse than the females.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I hold my hands up to that. Civilisation at it's best. Perhaps we ought to drown a few sinkhoile babies at birth. I'd go for the males though, generally they turn out worse than the females.

When We were called Sick man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.

When We are billed to be the next Superpower, We are called The threat.

When We were closed our doors, You smuggled Drugs to Open Markets.

When We Embrace Freed Trade, You blame us for Taking away your jobs.

When We were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your "fair share".

When We were putting the broken pieces together again, "Free Tibet" you screamed, "it was an invasion!"

So, We Tried Communism, You hated us for being Communists

When We embrace Capitalism, You hate us for being Capitalist.

When We have a Billion People, you said we were destroying the planet.

When We are tried limited our numbers, you said It was human rights abuse.

When We were Poor, You think we are dogs.

When We Loan you cash, You blame us for your debts.

When We build our industries, You called us Polluters.

When we sell you goods, You blame us for global warming.

When We buy oil, You called that exploitation and Genocide.

When You fight for oil, You called that Liberation.

When We were lost in Chaos and rampage, You wanted Rules of Law for us.

When We uphold law and order against Violence, You called that Violating Human Rights.

When We were silent, You said you want us to have Free Speech.

When We were silent no more, You say we were Brainwashed-Xenophobics.

Why do you hate us so much? We asked.

"No," You Answered, "We don't hate You."

We don't Hate You either,

But Do you understand us?

"Of course We do," You said,

"We have AFP, CNN and BBCs..."

What do you really want from us?

Think Hard first, then Answer...

Because you only get so many chances,

Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for this one world.

We want One World, One Dream, And Peace On Earth.

This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.

So no matter WHAT we do we are STILL wrong and we are STILL the enemy.

Maybe you're right. The PRC needs to fully embrace western ideology and start mass genocide and enslavement and pretend to be sorry about it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Now that ^ is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read!

And Borg, how dare you leave China out of any political argument! Tut Tut
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I'll say it everybody needs to be Sinocised:

Why?

Education is valued, it isn't in the UK.
First time buyer age is 24 in the PRC, not mortgagee own outright.
Social bonds are still in place. None of this old peoples home stuff.
People get to retire at 60.
Crime is extremely low compared to the UK.
China is pumping out patents and increasing numbers of the top 100 universities are in the PRC.
The Friday night drink related violence doesn't exist.
Ethnics are given more rights than the majority.

Though I generally agree, I must say I've seen one too many examples of:

1. The worst driving and self-awareness I've seen on the planet, by a very long way, in China. Literally the worst I've ever seen. Some of the crashes are honestly beyond belief. People are so self-absorbed that they don't even look an inch to the left or right when moving, be it walking, driving or anything in between. Reversing on a motorway. Three point turns on a motorway. That kind of thing. Honestly stuns me.

2. Friday night violence in the UK may be a thing, but it doesn't really measure up to the cold-blooded public killings, between loved ones and rivals, with meat cleavers, while others watch and walk by casually as if nothing even happened.

And this is just the stuff caught on CCTV which went viral. The amount of insane car crash and public rage murder videos is crazy.

Given the choice of extremes, I'd take the governance of the Chinese and the street-level awareness/thoughtfulness of the average westerner, I think.

That last slightly poetic thing you just wrote is good though. Generally agree. I get the feeling there's way less hatred for the outside world here. More like curiosity and pragmatism (peppered with some innocent naivety), which will clearly go further than hostility and cynicism.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Laughing Now that ^ is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read!

Paranoia of the highest order Laughing

If I was Itchy, I think I'd be one step away from listening to a Leonard Cohen LP and contemplating that razorblade.

DON'T DO IT.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Apologies for derailing this China-China-China thread, but I have to commend South Africans on their ruthless dedication to capitalism.

Compete on price and service? That's loser talk. Just massacre the opposition. Job done.

Related, it looks like Rhodesia is starting to acknowledge that slaughtering white farmers and gifting the land to the Inner Party isn't quite the winning strategy that it at first appeared.

I wonder if South Africa will make the same mistake, as they seem hell bent on doing, or if they'll learn from that?

South Africa probably won't see the mass occupation of white farms like Zim did but the government will not prosecute those who do 're-claim' land. That is what is driving the current movement.
Historically, the blacks were not living in the places the whites occupied. They do not farm on any sort of worthwhile scale. The whites do and the blacks moved in coz of work mastah/bowana.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

When We were called Sick man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.

When We are billed to be the next Superpower, We are called The threat.

When We were closed our doors, You smuggled Drugs to Open Markets.

When We Embrace Freed Trade, You blame us for Taking away your jobs.

When We were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your "fair share".

When We were putting the broken pieces together again, "Free Tibet" you screamed, "it was an invasion!"

So, We Tried Communism, You hated us for being Communists

When We embrace Capitalism, You hate us for being Capitalist.

When We have a Billion People, you said we were destroying the planet.

When We are tried limited our numbers, you said It was human rights abuse.

When We were Poor, You think we are dogs.

When We Loan you cash, You blame us for your debts.

When We build our industries, You called us Polluters.

When we sell you goods, You blame us for global warming.

When We buy oil, You called that exploitation and Genocide.

When You fight for oil, You called that Liberation.

When We were lost in Chaos and rampage, You wanted Rules of Law for us.

When We uphold law and order against Violence, You called that Violating Human Rights.

When We were silent, You said you want us to have Free Speech.

When We were silent no more, You say we were Brainwashed-Xenophobics.

Why do you hate us so much? We asked.

"No," You Answered, "We don't hate You."

We don't Hate You either,

But Do you understand us?

"Of course We do," You said,

"We have AFP, CNN and BBCs..."

What do you really want from us?

Think Hard first, then Answer...

Because you only get so many chances,

Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for this one world.

We want One World, One Dream, And Peace On Earth.

This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.

So no matter WHAT we do we are STILL wrong and we are STILL the enemy.

Maybe you're right. The PRC needs to fully embrace western ideology and start mass genocide and enslavement and pretend to be sorry about it.

Should there be a credit for that or is you a poet?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:59 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I've finally blicked him for his unrelenting sperging tedium in turning every thread Chinesey, and making them all look the same.

Relevant to this thread because apartheid is the only way that we can peacefully coexist.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread is rasis Mad

Fin.
Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1878/3684/original.jpg

https://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/russia-wants-war.jpg

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhVwPZoW0AEvFSh.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:20 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I'll tell you what's actually waycis: low expectations.

tl;dr version - Tanzanian cobbles together a few crude machines using components manufactured by other people, and is hailed as some sort of Wakanadan savant.

What's perfectly normal and unremarkable for British men (and female men) in sheds up and down the country is somehow a revolutionary beacon of hope and progress for Africa.

I mean, look, he even understand the use of the wheel.

It genuinely grinds my gizzard.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
bhinso wrote:

I'll tell you what's actually waycis: low expectations.

tl;dr version - Tanzanian cobbles together a few crude machines using components manufactured by other people, and is hailed as some sort of Wakanadan savant.

What's perfectly normal and unremarkable for British men (and female men) in sheds up and down the country is somehow a revolutionary beacon of hope and progress for Africa.

I mean, look, he even understand the use of the wheel.

It genuinely grinds my gizzard.

I especially like the soap cutting machine.

Is it
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.KHi09Qv6-n3H2KEsCaKoYQHaHa&w=184&h=185&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

or is it a
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.tYXZx0cAgNny3SpaqT0hdAHaHa&w=217&h=217&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 24 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I've finally blicked him for his unrelenting sperging tedium in turning every thread Chinesey, and making them all look the same.

Relevant to this thread because apartheid is the only way that we can peacefully coexist.

Ah ah.
You are outed Sir.
Your are that Ex bcf member who's name escapes me. (White South African who hunted, killed with his bare hands and Brai-ed whole elephants, rhinos and hippopotami.)

And I claim my 5 Rand.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Your are that Ex bcf member who's name escapes me. (White South African who hunted, killed with his bare hands and Brai-ed whole elephants, rhinos and hippopotami.)

And I claim my 5 Rand.

Kradmelder, a popular chap, as noted in my post on the first page. Do keep up dear boy or you'll be next for the lynch mob...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:45 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
MCN wrote:

And I claim my 5 Rand.

Kradmelder, a popular chap, as noted in my post on the first page. Do keep up dear boy or you'll be next for the lynch mob...

I have you set to enema so can't see your words. 😂

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:06 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
MCN wrote:

And I claim my 5 Rand.

I would love to know what happened to him.

But whatever it was, I bet he went down fighting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:43 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Like Eugène Terre'Blanche? Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Like Eugène Terre'Blanche? Thinking

Probably but I would hope he (kradmelder) took a few with him on his way to white heaven. Whistle
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5