PostPosted: 09:29 - 31 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
https://media.zigcdn.com/media/model/2017/Dec/street-750-right-view_600x300.jpg

https://s33.postimg.cc/evbs401gf/mp_550x550_matte_ffffff_t.3u2.jpg

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:52 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this one on MCN and i have to say.... Its not bad looking
https://mcn-images.bauersecure.com/PageFiles/656295/1752x1168/Harley_Streetfighter.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Just saw this one on MCN and i have to say.... Its not bad looking
https://mcn-images.bauersecure.com/PageFiles/656295/1752x1168/Harley_Streetfighter.jpg

I don't like it.

I'd have a VT750 Shadow though. I used to have a 125 shadow, cool as feck I tell you.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic argument: Power's not important, it's all about torque

Newtonian Physics:
Torque x Angular speed = Power
Torque x RPM x constant = Power

Maths:
Torque(Nm) x RPM x 0.105 = Power(kW)
1 RPM = 2 x pi / 60 = 0.105 radians/second
1Nm = 0.738 ft.lbs
1kW=1.34bhp
Torque (ft.lbs) x RPM x 0.0578 = Power(bhp)

100kg of me and a 1m breaker bar: 981Nm torque.
RPM: fractional
Endurance at peak power: laughable

"Built for torque not power" = "has no power"

It's not that hard to find the power putput of a HD, in the US it's required for the EPA submissions, and I assume in europe it's required for similar official paperwork. A quick google gets results from trustworthy sources or at least MCN.

Ironicly, the 750 street rod makes a whopping 69bhp which in a 234kg bike is definately not sportsbike territory but is probably a laugh. Not Face-meltingly fast, but enough to entertain on a cruiser. I would imagine scraping pegs at every roundabout though. The regular street 750's 53bhp probably means an old 535 virago (190 kg wet) would likely kick its ass.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like they’re trying. Triumph have been making loads of stuff like this recently and £7k isn’t bad money for a Harley compared to the usual chrome and tassels arrangement.
My 20+ year old 750 still makes nearly twice the power though...

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:51 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The talk of how heavy they are reminds me of the scene in terminator 2 where the terminator rides off the pointy edge to get inside the flood river duct thing......

I remember reading the bike wouldn't survive the landing on its own weight from that height.... Esp not with the weight of a terminator (meant to be a couple of hundred kilos.) The thing would have shattered...

Any way in the real world the bike still would have snapped in half with a 100 kilo muscled stunt rider. Which is why it was guided down slower on crane wires.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
That looks vile. Like a heavy, plastic, expensive, ikea washing up bowl.
I'm not sure what I dislike more, the bike or the 'way of life'. And you know it will look even worse with an overweight, over middle-aged and over leather clad cunt sat on it, waiting under a bridge for the rain to pass.

Wow. I'm not sure where that came from. Please forget I used to ride a virago 535

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen their latest lifestyle advertorial. It seems they're throwing out loads of new models, electric motors, adventure bikes and everything.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o6IREuN05jM

The ad centres on the experience and lifestyle elements, freeeedom 'Murica, look at our restyled logo on the storefront, globally expanding into territories near you. Just think of the children... They'd never live free if it wasn't for us. Look, retro black men and attractive blonde women also ride Harleys, not just paunchy leather waistcoated beardy piss pot wearers. Come on in and buy a Harley t-shirt if you're too feeble to manhandle our bikes off the sidestand.

It makes me wonder if by concentrating so hard on promoting the brand more than the dynamics of the machinery, is that an admission that the bikes are not up to much?

I've got to admit that I've never even tried one, and don't think I ever could, somehow it seems a bit like being a fake biker, a bit like a shortcut to socially declare yourself as a recognisable stereotype. I don't feel the need to broadcast to everyone I'm a motorcyclist, it's just one of the things I do. But when I do it I want something exciting.

But be it Ducati, HD, Honda or Lifan, I just couldn't brand myself up or marry into a corporate identity. It would mean never being able to try other (better) machinery

If perchance I one day do cross over to the darkside, please feel free to quote this back to me for eternity.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 259 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2