Am I the bad guy here??? - update suicide attempt

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
hopefully time will thaw out the psycho and make her realise the error of her ways.

It's unlikely to. If she is genuinely a Narcissist then she can't and won't admit she is wrong. She may pretend to be sorry and understand at some point, but this will just be a ruse until she has secured her play thing again. As soon as those attempts to fake reconcile are proven to not work, then the guns will come out instantly. Sounds like they have.

Asharin wrote:

crazy ex then decided the DAY I GOT BACK from funeral, to say she was sorry and wanted us to try again.

It's not about you, its about her silly.

Asharin wrote:

Because I said no, it's now all my fault our daughter won't have both parents together as she grows up (of course!) saying, 'but I was I'll, mentally unwell, can't you understand?'

Can't admit responsibility, blames others because she herself is superior.

Somebody can show Narcissitc traits and if they are self aware enough (and potentially with professional help) these can be worked on.

But a true Narcissist will never be cured, or "fixed", or reasoned with.

You can massage their ego in well defined boundaries, but it's a risky approach. Any sort of engagement is like adding oxygen and fuel to the fire.
The alternative is to make yourself as boring as possible. Minimal contact, strict boundaries of conversation. Engage minimally and at specific times using specific methods.
Do not facilitate.

That said. Sounds very difficult given situation.

Life with a Narcissist can be quite a ride. If you accept them for who they are and know its going to be very up / down, but definitely not dull.
But your not together any more. So I would suggest, be boring, don't feed the fire, be consistent and firm without being emotional. Try not to get frustrated. She can't change fundamentally, don't expect her to.

Or I'm talking shite, just 2p worth.

Good luck!!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't trust Pigeon.

He's a well know Narca-thingy who gets off on helping people.

He'll be rippin the head off it as we speak.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Don't trust Pigeon.

Haha...he's not really wrong though. Up until all this happened I actually worked in mental health support, it's somewhat different dealing with it on a personal level.
Still, all this has made fuel for music making, between the ex and my niece's suicide I had plenty of emotions to sink into it lol, ended up with an albums worth so put it on bandcamp.
...actually, I feel there may be more emotions to put into the music sink soon lol

Overall though, I'm doing okay, it's been a shit year, feel like I've been banging my head against the same brick wall for the whole year...but I can only be pissed off so long...

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 27 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asharin wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:
Don't trust Pigeon.

Haha...he's not really wrong though. Up until all this happened I actually worked in mental health support, it's somewhat different dealing with it on a personal level.
Still, all this has made fuel for music making, between the ex and my niece's suicide I had plenty of emotions to sink into it lol, ended up with an albums worth so put it on bandcamp.
...actually, I feel there may be more emotions to put into the music sink soon lol

Overall though, I'm doing okay, it's been a shit year, feel like I've been banging my head against the same brick wall for the whole year...but I can only be pissed off so long...

Are you going to head down the legal route for joint custardy, nom nom custard? (wonder how many eye twitches occured from wrong spelling)

Or piss her off evern more and go for Sole custody?

Grubscrew
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:13 - 27 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey.
Hope you get sorted one way or other.

Complex things us humans!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 237 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4