Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RSV1000R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Aprilia RSV1000R Reply with quote

After turning 40 last year and allowed to have the obligatory mid life crisis, that's my excuse anyways, I've gone and bought a new bike.

For the past 3 years my soul has been slowly sapped away from riding the MSX125 and all fun of riding has since ebbed away. Hopefully this Italian bit of erotica will rekindle the joy of 2 wheels even if it's likely to scare the shit out of me for the 1st few rides!

Behold a 2004 Aprilia RSV1000R in quite stunning condition.

I pick it up next week.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely litre bike and a proper cult one that sounds great too! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:44 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great value. Shame I'm too much of a shortie for them.

I harbour a secret hankering for an RSV4 a) because they are REALLY little and b) Because they are mental.

I probably won't though, as there isn't really a slot in my bike collection for a 180bhp litre nutbar sportbike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be a different kettle of fish when trying to paddle and waddle it around on a petrol station forecourt or in the garden but I was worried about the seat height too. I'd read that it is quite tall compared to the Jap stuff, I'm comfortably on the balls of my feet, not flat foot, bit not tippy toes that it didn't feel safe or secure.

It's certainly a bike to stir the soul and manhood when looking at it let alone hearing it with the Aprilia Racing exhausts on.

Arranging to collect at the weekend seemed like a good idea, can't wait till Saturday now!

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

how vertically challenged are you?

I'm 5.7 with short arse legs and when sat on my mates 04 i could get my feel on the ground but nowhere near flat footed.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:43 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
how vertically challenged are you?

I'm 5.7 with short arse legs and when sat on my mates 04 i could get my feel on the ground but nowhere near flat footed.

I think the later ones are a bit lower, but I tried a Mk1 and couldn't touch the floor, and I'm 5ft6 with a 30in inside leg.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 5'8, I can see why it would be a tall stretch being an inch or so shorter.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:50 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After putting a 100 odd miles on it since the weekend, I've come to the conclusion that Aprilia must have some weird and oddly shaped test riders?

You need long legs to touch the floor but the standard peg position has you sitting like Frankie Detori on the Grand National winner with legs acutely bent lending to a sitting on top of thr tank position. Despite the this you then need gibbon like arms to reach the handlebars and an extended thumb to operate the switchgear?

It's all very peculiar?

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:11 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
After putting a 100 odd miles on it since the weekend, I've come to the conclusion that Aprilia must have some weird and oddly shaped test riders?

You need long legs to touch the floor but the standard peg position has you sitting like Frankie Detori on the Grand National winner with legs acutely bent lending to a sitting on top of thr tank position. Despite the this you then need gibbon like arms to reach the handlebars and an extended thumb to operate the switchgear?

It's all very peculiar?

You can always buy new rear sets. I had the mark 1. I'm about 5.10

It fitted perfectly. I like the whole "knees out, air to the bollocks, bolt upright", position at low speed.

When tucked in, it went like a missile. Great bike.

It's all about the engine and the 50s cadillac rear lights for me ....
Enjoy!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1