PostPosted: 18:53 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
andyscooter wrote:
if you are into football stewarding is ok

get paid to watch the match and get to tell people to behave

Maybe if you have eyes in the back of your head Smile

https://i.eurosport.com/2011/12/21/793187-13527098-640-360.jpg

only just seen this

very few make stewards do this now as getting hit in the back of the head with a ball is against health and safety

also the first six rows of spectators cant see the game
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:01 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wub

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
M.C wrote:

Maybe if you have eyes in the back of your head Smile

https://i.eurosport.com/2011/12/21/793187-13527098-640-360.jpg

only just seen this

very few make stewards do this now as getting hit in the back of the head with a ball is against health and safety

also the first six rows of spectators cant see the game

Hmm I still see it fairly often on MOTD etc., I was wondering about getting a ball in the back of the head Smile, but then you assume if they've got their backs to the crowd they can't spot trouble/someone running onto the pitch.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
but then you assume if they've got their backs to the crowd they can't spot trouble/someone running onto the pitch.

If they've got their backs to the crowd and someone runs onto the pitch, they'll see them because they'll be facing the pitch, and someone who runs onto the pitch will be...on the pitch Razz

How about if some face the pitch, and some face the crowd? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a steward at a football team near me, I can give the following info.

Remember that football stewarding will be seasonal.
Going pitchside as in that picture is quite rare.
Many stewards are nowhere near the front of the crowd, ie, they’re on stairwells, main concourses , bar areas and so on.
The pay is not fantastic, however it will go into your bank account without fail.

Personally I like stewarding as it’s not a difficult job to do and I do get to see some of the game.
You also get to meet an eclectic mix of people Shocked and that always interesting.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Many stewards are nowhere near the front of the crowd, ie, they’re...bar areas

That's it, where do I apply? Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:18 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happily our small group always do beer o’clock after the match to let the traffic die down Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
but then you assume if they've got their backs to the crowd they can't spot trouble/someone running onto the pitch.

If they've got their backs to the crowd and someone runs onto the pitch, they'll see them because they'll be facing the pitch, and someone who runs onto the pitch will be...on the pitch Razz

I think the idea (behind that photo) is that you stop them from running onto the pitch, so you don't end up with a Benny Hill sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS744-ESka4 Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I think the idea (behind that photo) is that you stop them from running onto the pitch, so you don't end up with a Benny Hill sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS744-ESka4 Smile

I like it that you thought my 'point' was worth replying to Laughing

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
As a steward at a football team near me, I can give the following info.

Remember that football stewarding will be seasonal.
Going pitchside as in that picture is quite rare.
Many stewards are nowhere near the front of the crowd, ie, they’re on stairwells, main concourses , bar areas and so on.
The pay is not fantastic, however it will go into your bank account without fail.

Personally I like stewarding as it’s not a difficult job to do and I do get to see some of the game.
You also get to meet an eclectic mix of people Shocked and that always interesting.

this is what I used to doas well that many stewards in one area are expecting trouble

we also did having a beer after the match as it was paid for by the club

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I play destiny 2, get people through end game stuff, trials, raids, PvP, quests etc.

I'd say I'm pretty good at that Laughing
Is that really a thing? I was paid for testing playstation games when I was 16, you're saying that 14 years later people are paying for gaming tutorials? Thinking I haven't dabbled in gaming for about a decade Crying or Very sad I've only just this week got hold of a PS3 for the first time since GTA San Andreas came out Embarassed

stinkwheel wrote:
dydey90 wrote:

It can’t be easy to find stuff that other people aren’t doing already?

Yeah, but it doesn't cost you anything. Throw stuff out there and see if it goes. Do an advert with a different picture to everyone elses and make it a little more expensive so it looks like you actually have the item.
Adding to this, I have found it is well worth buying one of each item you're reselling to at least add a real description and your own photo, often your listing is noticed as different and non generic so people typically go with the 'real'.

AshWebster wrote:

it takes effort, dedication and time to be a buyer and seller.

there is a lot of risk but if in the end you can be turning over either a high volume with a small margin or a low volume with a large margin you are printing money.
Takes no effort at all if you're making it work and paying someone or a tiny team to manage it for you.

dydey90 wrote:
I could definitely walk a few dogs, there’s a nice reservoir right by my house and I generally try to do a few laps whenever I’m off just for my own health, I’ve lost loads of weight just walking that extra 5k most days.

I’m on a few local Facebook pages, might be worth me looking into it and making a post.
Have to say this really does my nut in, there's a constant stream of teenagers on our groups of decide dog walking isnt hard so they'll do it for a fiver a go.. not realising it's a business opportunity and animals (being loved family members) have a high cost to health risk.. you let a dog get injured or sick during a walk and see what it costs! not to mention the business rep side of things when it comes to people trashing you on said groups and insurance issues.

It's rarely ever worth it and the kids hate this being pointed out.

hellkat wrote:

I understand that shares in British Sugar is the place to put one's money in the current "legal grows" industry. They're one of the few with the correct growing set-up already in place to toe the line on "the rules of legal grows".
How do you know this, miss? Thinking

I would say if you're fit enough to cycle 40 miles a day and not even at decent pace, try Uber or Stuart food delivery - both are paying more than the industry standard and to be fair as long as you can stay reasonably upright and be polite, you won't have issues.
Also, it's winter, so trade is slow and gives you a perfect time to do few orders a night and really learn to improve as spring comes and business picks up.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:49 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Sugar have got themselves a pretty good gig!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3