Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Addicted to Pepsi max?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:01 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Addicted to Pepsi max? Reply with quote

So, ive always had a "thing" for drinks of different types. When i was around 10 years old i used to drink litres and litres of tea every day to the point where i just made a plastic jug of it and drank it in one go. A few years on it turned to coffee where i'd drink maybe 5-6 of the large Sports direct mugs per day, with stupid amounts of sugar although i switched to sweetener after not too long for my own health. For the past 4-5 years its been Pepsi max and similar diet drinks (Fanta, dr.Pepper, Coke Zero etc).

I drink between 2-4 litres per day. I don't really know why, i just don't like the taste of water or juice concentrate. I like pure fruit juices but only drink them rarely as they are high sugar and expensive. Its not really that expensive either as there is a shop near to where i live which sells surplus drinks and such for less than half of RRP(less than 70P for a 2L bottle).

I don't really know what i should do about it. As far as i know its not damaging my health that much as i only drink the zero sugar versions. Really, my only concern is that if i quit, what else will i develop an addiction to? I am 18 now so i am able to buy alcohol and cigarettes and gamble and don't want to run the risk of getting addicted to something like that.

What are your opinions of all this? Do i quit? Do i try to reduce my daily intake or do i just leave it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 23:05 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: Addicted to Pepsi max? Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
As far as i know its not damaging my health that much as i only drink the zero sugar versions.

lol

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:11 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your beetus

They dont quite understand why, but the thought is that your body tastes sweet stuff and preps your body for a sugar hit by releasing insulin into your bloodstream, except theres no spike in blood sugar to act on, and this unecessary spike in insulin causes fuckery with your blood sugar levels. Long term this may (or may not, jury is still out) cause diabetes.

On top of that all the cheap nasty artificial sweetners they use to replace the sugar are just plain nasty for you.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:13 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: Addicted to Pepsi max? Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
adengtg wrote:
As far as i know its not damaging my health that much as i only drink the zero sugar versions.

lol

Some studies say its bad for you, others say its not that bad. I know its definitely not good for me but compared to drinking the same amount of full sugar, the health effects should be minimised.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fat are you and what are your teeth like? My mate drank loads of coke and got really fat and had awful teeth... he stopped and he's skinny and his teeth seem to have recovered a bit.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:17 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
How fat are you and what are your teeth like? My mate drank loads of coke and got really fat and had awful teeth... he stopped and he's skinny and his teeth seem to have recovered a bit.

Very fat and teeth are bad but always have been.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll wanker Sleeping Sleeping

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Troll wanker Sleeping Sleeping

...Why? this is true. Do you want proof?

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Very fat and teeth are bad but always have been.

knock that shit off then and drink water.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are damaging your health for sure. 2 litres a day, every day, is more than excessive. Yes some studies have said that sweetener is better than sugar, but both have their downsides.

Also have you been tested for diabetes? Thirst and a want for sweet stuff all the time is a good predictor.

Even if you haven't got diabetes, I'd strongly advise cutting down a great deal. Try to limit yourself to 2 cans a day, the rest of the time drink water or tea/coffee. You just sound like you're used to binging on sweet drinks. It's a habit.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:53 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried crack cocaine or crystal meth?

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:55 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just stop. Take control of yourself.

Oh I might buy beer now ... Just don't.

Mind over matter, you either want to stop or you don't.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:03 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
I might buy beer now

The sun is past the yardarm. Thumbs Up
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:58 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

lad at work (17/18 ish) drank a full 2l iron bru or equivalent every day. he now has diabetes.

we used to joke saying he was going to get it. now we joke because he has it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to fuck yourself up, at least do it with something that gives mind altering physiological effects.

Like wine, women and bong. Mr. Green

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: Addicted to Pepsi max? Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
my only concern is that if i quit, what else will i develop an addiction to?

So what do you want us to do about it you tubby gummy bear toothed fuck? Laughing

It's not like we can talk you out of your next addiction, is it?

You don't really need a forum of strangers to tell you, at 18 years old, 4 litres of diet coke isn't going to be good for you. Just get on and change or quit your whinging / die / either or of those options Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know OP's age, I can almost comprehend his fucktard post about Reduced torque restricted bikes. People we've got to expect alot more of this kind of thing now the Millenials are starting to turn into dizzy snowflake adults.
What a fucking world to live in eh?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:51 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: Addicted to Pepsi max? Reply with quote

arry wrote:
adengtg wrote:
my only concern is that if i quit, what else will i develop an addiction to?

So what do you want us to do about it you tubby gummy bear toothed fuck? Laughing

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ozC2VM9R0XSMNKo/giphy.gifv

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:

Yeah I read somewhere about a nun who's teeth grew back after she stopped sucking off the Abbot.

Twas a Gawdamed murikil.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:58 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepsi max has 120mg/litre caffeine. So 4 litres is 480mg of caffeine.

Equal to 7 cups of instant coffee or 10 pro plus tablets or 3 cans of monster energy.

So. Caffeine addict? Probably not a toxic dose but also probably unhealthy.

Try substituting caffeine free cola for a couple of days to prove the point. See if you get withdrawal symptoms.

I can't preach, I drink about 4 pints of sweet tea a day.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but how are you working on your average cup size to pints? I'm reckoning on 3cups to a litre so that's a bit under two pints. So 6 maybe 7 cups to 4pints? Not that important overall, but still a vital question I can't eat my tea until we can standardise our cup size to pints? Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugar and its substitutes (the fake stuff in your fav. drink) are addictive, just like caffeine and the carbonation. Those drinks you enjoy were designed to be addictive. But, we're still talking about soft drinks = grow up, it's not crack! Razz

Health issues are as obvious as your obesity and rotting teeth.

The best thing for thirst is tap water*, we all know that. But beware, drinking water may also become an addiction. Oddly it might sound, there are people who just have to carry a bottle with water with them and sip from it all the time, drinking 8+L of water a day, which is roughly three times more than you should. The health issues are high blood pressure, excessive excretion of minerals and vitamins (becoming malnutritioned) and high strain on your kidneys, which are getting damaged by your high blood pressure anyway.

*NOT if you live an area with water with very high mineral content.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink coke zero instead.

I used to drink a lot of Pepsi Max, now I drink coke zero, loads of it. The past few weeks I'm finally bored of it. Just bored. I had pepsi max every day for about a year, but the coke zero has only been a few months and now I'm sick of the stuff. And now, the thought of all fizzy drinks makes me think of coke zero, and the weird dull feeling of being full of too much sugar free fizzy drink. Addiction cured.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:43 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to drink 3 or 4 cans of coke a day. I then gave up and started drinking a couple of cups of tea with no sugar and a tiny amount of milk, and otherwise drinking water. Since that happened I have lost over a stone in weight. Admittedly it was probably ten years ago when I was bad for this, but even so...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 233 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2