Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Can you suggest a problem?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Can you suggest a problem? Reply with quote

I'm certainly no brand snob so this surprising find appeals to me. 8kg bike with a carbon frame, semi-aero for that price with a 105 gear train?

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-nibiru-2-0-carbon-road-bike-p347151

Can you spot any negs for this as an overall hack/trainer?

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:13 - 09 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant see anything negative especially at that price.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:31 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably part it out on ebay for a profit.

The groupset alone would set you back £400 if you wanted to buy it seperately. You could genuinely use that as a donor parts source for a custom build, hoying the frame in a skip at the end and be quids-in to buying them seperately.

The one note of caution would be I'd give it a damned good once-over before riding it unless you're entirely happy the person who PDIed it isn't a complete muppet. Check everything is lubed, tight, in the right way round and properly adjusted.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
unless you're entirely happy the person who PDIed it isn't a complete muppet. Check everything is lubed, tight, in the right way round and properly adjusted.

yes.........

I'm not convinced that most of the staff in Go Outdoors ever actually do go outdoors. I'd be very worried about them setting my bike up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money has been saved on the brakes and wheels, but even so it appears to be a good buy if the frame sizes fit you.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and had a look at one yesterday and the paint scheme is way too loud for me. The red of the 1.0 is great but this one just no no no.

I also took my scales and got the weight which came back as 9.5kg whilst my old alloy tiagra triple is about 10.5 on a good day so I really do not see the point.

Certainly not when you could grab one of these for a bit more https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPSHIM5800/planet-x-pro-carbon-shimano-105-5800-road-bike
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 228 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1