Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RS125 2002 - Spluttering past 4k

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Spunkiest
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:13 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: RS125 2002 - Spluttering past 4k Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Bought am rs125 power valve , aprilia racing manifold with stock end can, Piper cross air filter , 28mm on stock jets, de-restricted CDI , air filter mod.

Bike ran fine firstly for about 300km, but did sputter between 4/7k no clue why so decide to strip the bike and clean all the parts down, carb was blocked up, all cleaned, fresh plug, cleaned air filter . Old spark plug was black/brownish and z bit oily.
Put it all back together and had nothing but problems. Revved go around 4k then just spluttered into the power valve, cleaned power valve after, quite dirty and covered in oil from a leaky exhaust that's all clean now though (fresh gaskets ordered).

I have no clue what he issue is. From reading various posts I'm thinking the main jet is to small and needs knocking up a few sizes, I'm relatively new to 2t's, she was a summer toy but no rides yet aha.
Cheers

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: RS125 2002 - Spluttering past 4k Reply with quote

Spunkiest wrote:

de-restricted CDI

hi,
do you mean the cdi has been modified by "cutting the bridge"? (have a look for the tell-tale signs of the silicone been dug out & then refilled)
BTW have a look for the official aprilia derestriction guide, it lists all the jet sizes, part no's etc

cheers,
GAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spunkiest
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:26 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: RS125 2002 - Spluttering past 4k Reply with quote

stirlinggaz wrote:
Spunkiest wrote:

de-restricted CDI

hi,
do you mean the cdi has been modified by "cutting the bridge"? (have a look for the tell-tale signs of the silicone been dug out & then refilled)
BTW have a look for the official aprilia derestriction guide, it lists all the jet sizes, part no's etc

cheers,
GAZ

Yes, bridge has been cut, no by myself though. I tried a 128 jet yesterday and no luck, runs better with no snorkel and a 120 main.
I never knew there was a aprilia de-restricted guide, got a link to it? I've got MP:B0 and all the other numbers stumped on the frame of that helps

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 17 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bit was it exactly that spluttered into the power valve? I'm struggling to grasp this terminology.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: RS125 2002 - Spluttering past 4k Reply with quote

Spunkiest wrote:
Piper cross air filter

hi,
do you mean you have no air box fitted & have some sort of cone filter do or have a "performance" foam panel fitted inside the standard airbox?
& what expansion chamber is fitted?
if its the standard aprilia type it may still be restricted (i cant remember what year they started puting them in) & the derestriction process is incomplete until you have it gutted or fit a decent exhaust.

cheers,
GAZ
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1