Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fuel - cheaper in Dover or France?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Fuel - cheaper in Dover or France? Reply with quote

Exactly that - if abroad is it better to fill up before getting on the ferry (Tesco in Dover most likely!) on the way and return with an nearly empty tank or visa versa? (Car unfortunately, not bike!)

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calis:

Unleaded 98 octane -1.50 Euros per litre
Unleaded 95 octane - 1.47 Euros per litre
Diesel -1.35 Euros per litre.

Tesco Dover:

Unleaded - 119.9p
Diesel - 122.9p

1 Pound sterling equals 1.12 Euro

An imperial gallon of liquid is defined as 4.54609 litres

One imperial gallon is equivalent to approximately 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons.

tl:dr - Fill up before you run out of fuel, without going out of your way.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dover it is then, thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends more on where you stop really. If you're using motorway services either side you'll be paying quite a bit over the odds. The average price in UK is £1.29 and in France is €1.55. Taking into account exchange rate you'll get from Post Office for example, you're probably not a million miles off either side but probably cheaper in UK, as long as it's not the last garage on the M20.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Depends more on where you stop really. If you're using motorway services either side you'll be paying quite a bit over the odds. The average price in UK is £1.29 and in France is €1.55. Taking into account exchange rate you'll get from Post Office for example, you're probably not a million miles off either side but probably cheaper in UK, as long as it's not the last garage on the M20.

I've just got €1.088 per £ at the travel agent next to my local PO (€1.022 - £) and I'll stop at the Tesco on the top of the dock approach. Sorted! Thanks all!
It's not much but it works out st perhaps a fiver per tank, for each way. Worth ten minutes research I think!

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always use the tesco.. or the one next to mcdonalds, usually the same price at both, though the one next to donalds doesnt have pay at pump so you have to speak to humans
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
1198 wrote:
Dover it is then, thanks!

Tesco’s is a few miles out of Dover on the A2 at Whitfield.

Fuel in Dover at the only service station left from the M20/A20 entrance is over £1.30 a litre for unleaded. I filled up earlier today.

Depends which way you’re coming from. If A2, Tesco’s is fine, if M20, it’s the wrong side of Dover by a few miles each way.

i go past this one most days but i just hate going in there, no idea why... i guess its the build up of eastern Europeans that are rude as fuck and try and push you about, stand in a que of 20 from a small 3 door and only 1 of them is paying, the others just want to pick shit up and put it back down and repeat a few times only to realise they left their drachma in the car.. then you get to the till and fucking lurch stands there looking at you like hes got no idea why youre actually at his till.. or the fat old bint who attempts to be cheerful but you know if you tried talking she would have no idea what youre talking about and just wants you to piss off...

only really use it for the jetwash... not much these days though, people are unable to stop twisting the hoses up so now they are all permanently kinked and just throw themselves around, wrap around your mirrors and cause a general nuisance.

but then again i usually go there to whitfield and down the a2 so i use tesco.. or stop at morisons in Canterbury
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1