Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 01:47 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really posted too much on here. I have said this before, if BCF ceased to exist tomorrow, you would just move on. Not really losing much other than force of habit.

Half the time I write shit on here and never come back and read the replies Laughing Just like this one, so probably don't bother replying to me Thumbs Up Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:52 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"never really posted too much on here"

Total posts: 7,795
0.19% of total

Only 80 people have more posts on here than you. Razz

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:54 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was meant to say... "anymore" Laughing

Also, that is spread across 9 years and compared to the people who make BCF busy, i.e. regular posters like yourself, I hardly post.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 05:19 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I wonder who the regular posters are who make this place look like it might still be alive. Most of the top posters aren't making BCF look busy anymore.

Let's take a look at the top 50 posters:

1. Rogerborg - not posted since the 28th July.
2. G
3. Kickstart - not posted since the 15th of September last year.
4. Ste
5. Paddy
6. Stinkwheel
7. Wafer_Thin_Ham
8. chris-red
9. MarJay
10. CaNsA - not posted since the 3rd of December last year.
11. Hetzer - not posted since the 5th of July and a total of 24 posts this year.
12. hellkat
13. Itchy
14. colin1 - three posts in May this year, other than that last posted on the 26th June 2014
15. Ariel Badger - 10 posts this year.
16. ms51ves3 - last posted on the 14th of July 2016
17. Walloper - last posted on the 11th of January 2014
18. st3v3 - 15 posts this year
19. Pete.
20. Howling Terror
21. Skudd
22. The Artist
23. Bendy - last posted on the 26th of August 2014
24. McGee - last posted on the 8th of August 2013
25. veeeffarr - last posted on the 23rd of March 2011
26. JonB - posted 8 times this year
27. Polarbear
28. funmonkee - last posted on the 14th of September 2016
29. pinkyfloyd
30. Vincent - banned in March 2016
31. The Shaggy D.A.
32. sickpup
33. Flip - last posted on the 19th of October 2017
34. map - last posted on the 29th of September 2015
35. Joe - last posted on the 2nd of November 2017
36. killa
37. Dragonfly - last posted on the 21st of April 2012
38. Visitor Q [bonny_ricardo] - last posted on the 14th of August 2014
39. Fallen Angel - last posted on the 9th of May 2008
40. RhynoCZ
41. M.C - last posted on the 7th of June
42. Whosthedaddy - last posted on the 13th of December 2017
43. Clanger - last posted on the 8th of November 2017
44. instigator - last posted on the 8th of February 2015
45. iooi
46. hmmmnz - one post this year on the 3rd of January
47. binge
48. Teflon-Mike
49. Alpha-9 - last posted on the 4th of April 2017
50. mattsprattuk - 11 posts this year

Ones marked in bold green are who I'd consider to still be active and that's only 22 out of the 50 users with the highest post count. Roger is probably just on holiday or something like that but he's not marked in green as he could have died as a result of not having clear vision in the rain.

Pretty sure that some of those who haven't posted for years (veeeffarr and Fallen Angel) only ever post in the Scotchland forum so we're not interested in them. Razz

Things are changing. It's anyone's guess how things will progress from here. Laughing

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post a great deal, but i browse several times a day during the day (mostly when i should be working), but very rarely at weekends/evenings as the mobile version is terrible

Just making all text the same size on mobiles would be a huge step in the right direction, surely that can't be too difficult can it???

Also, on a note regarding the BBQ, as a relative newbie, i wouldn't have even considered going as it does seem (from an outsiders point of view) to be a bit of a "boys club", as in, you all know each other outside of the forum, and have all met each other IRL before

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Also, on a note regarding the BBQ, as a relative newbie, i wouldn't have even considered going as it does seem (from an outsiders point of view) to be a bit of a "boys club", as in, you all know each other outside of the forum, and have all met each other IRL before

Other than one person who hasn't posted in years, I only know people on here from the forum. The BBQ is probably the best way to break the ice, I've been to a few, and not been raped yet. To my knowledge.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
I don't post a great deal, but i browse several times a day during the day (mostly when i should be working), but very rarely at weekends/evenings as the mobile version is terrible

Just making all text the same size on mobiles would be a huge step in the right direction, surely that can't be too difficult can it???

I had been on a wales trip, set up through this forum, with 4/5 people before going to the BBQ. I brought a mate, and we just introduced ourselves. They're just generally nice people, anybody is welcome.

Then going to the second, it was great, people even remembered my name and I confessed to not remembering theirs. Just do it. Since then, yes some of us are "connected" through facebook, and even Nobby isn't too much of a bastard on there Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:45 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

Disabling signatures makes BCF much more useable on mobiles.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:49 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBQ is an open and friendly thing to all BCF users. I have been to 4 on the trot now, and from the off was made to feel welcome and get involved. "The boys" here have changed even since I first joined - it is not a static thing. And I too only know people through the forum and BBQ, with just a couple of meets for a 'rideout' outside of that.

If you like a bit of fun in a relaxed atmosphere, go to BBQ!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it is a "boys club", but to me, that is how it appears, and to me, it appears intimidating.......... but i generally don't do well meeting large groups of new people anyway, i find it very difficult to strike up conversions with total strangers

Hence why i like conversing on forums Wink

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it is a "boys club", but to me, that is how it appears, and to me, it appears intimidating.......... but i generally don't do well meeting large groups of new people anyway, i find it very difficult to strike up conversions with total strangers

Hence why i like conversing on forums Wink

It's one of those where you just won't know until you go. There are a few of the front hole possessing types that go (I'm being PC by not calling them women, or girls or birds and using the new PC term for Vajayjay.) But rather obviously there is a larger fella-bird ratio. Nevertheless, day one is helping to get everyone set up, passing beers around and setting up the fire. Then, pull up a seat by the fire and say hello. My first foray to the BBQ was grabbing a beer sitting in one spot for 15 minutes, moving around a bit.

My second foray to a BBQ was to get myself in such a drunken state I needed rescuing to my tent!! Very Happy

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things

Walloper is still here but he’s called something else now and posts frequently.

The BBQ is far from cliquey. Everyone who arrives is greeted and usually thrust a beer, told a few names and left to get on with it. It is then what you make of it. Food times generally bring everyone back together and many lasting friendships have been forged over a blazing fire, strong liquor and burnt food.

Finally ( ok so that’s three things) also re the BBQ when I’ve been organising one or more people have pm’d me and expressed their worries about being new, without exception those boys had a personal TSK introduction Wink so no worries about being frozen out.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:46 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was common knowledge that Walloper has a new username. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 pages in, and all kinds of things being discussed, I think only this thread should be kept, and the rest of the forum binned Thumbs Up
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:04 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no no.

There needs to also be somewhere we can relegate val, jewlio, mpd and itchy to so they can discuss their racist politics brexit shit without bothering anyone else.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
No no no no.

There needs to also be somewhere we can relegate val, jewlio, mpd and itchy to so they can discuss their racist politics brexit shit without bothering anyone else.

We need Rogerborg's gas supply Shocked Laughing

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

So did I Rolling Eyes

BrownTrousers
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:22 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

+1

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:24 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Ste wrote:

So did I Rolling Eyes

Cool stuff, we're in agreement then. Laughing

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

TSK & Ste for mod
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:22 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I don't give a fuck what you, jewlio, itchy, val and whoever else get up to in the current affairs politics forum.

I read some stuff in there and post occasionally, thankfully I'm well aware of how if anything offends me / bores me / doesn't arouse me then I can just close the tab.

I dislike the brexit threads because of val and the fact he hasn't left the UK yet. Razz

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

mpd72 CPT wrote:

As it happens, I don't enter into any discussion with any of the others you mention, because they're all on ignore. Just those 3 filter out all the white noise for me. Block those three and me and you'd probably be fine with the rest of the conversation.

I was caught by them lying by them multiple times:

About the BBC adverts demonstrating my utter stupidity.
About doxing myself and my company on multiple forums and daring others to find me.
About not talking about my company and lying about it.

About the time I called for mass murder.

About the time I'm racist and call for death of brown people.

And rather than admit I'm wrong and that I am stupid I pretend to be morally superior while playing victim and secretly peeping to down vote anybody who disagrees with me.

But, hey, you wouldn't be able to whine about it then would you?

But hey I wouldn't be able lie about moral superiority and how I'm a victim and about how dumb I am!!

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Laughing I don't give a fuck what you, jewlio, itchy, val and whoever else get up to in the current affairs politics forum.

Would it interest you to know that somebody challenged me to a fist fight and backed out of it when I agreed? Laughing
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 13 of 24