Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods, ban everyone that has more than 20 posts in current events to save the forum.

Kthxbai.

borked
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
What if BCF is a reflection of society as a whole?

Then society is dying?

Pretty accurate to be fair...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:53 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
Mods, ban everyone that has more than 20 posts in current events to save the forum.

Kthxbai.

Searching for posts by temeluchus in the current affairs forum finds 75 results. Wink

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Searching for posts by temeluchus in the current affairs forum finds 75 results. Wink

Gas the Jews.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/09/12/TELEMMGLPICT000140187358_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqybo4PPQCSxTzekpqZkjTjapkgpqUDGSWkFC6IDJbjrI.jpeg?imwidth=450

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Brexit
Black Lives Matter
#ntdwi
more and more boat migrants
Rock on Tommy!
anti feminism SJW thread
Comrade Corbyn congrats thread
How rekt is South Africa?

Hmm. I come on BCF to talk shit about bikes and maybe learn a bit of stuff about them ( hmm... Thinking) but I although I recognise all the above thread titles I'm pretty sure* I've never even looked at any of them. Just sayin'.

*Cue some smartarse pointing out a post of mine on on of the above

Last edited by Freddyfruitbat on 13:27 - 18 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

What, 34,481 users are considered active, of which maybe about 50 actually say anything? Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

borked wrote:
Ste wrote:

Then society is dying?

Pretty accurate to be fair...

Our society might be dying, but others will thrive. That's just how life on this planet works. You can't grow indefinitely.

Time for BikeCzechForums. Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Time for BikeCzechForums. Thumbs Up

Můžu dát Becherovku do svého motoru??
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

borked
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but forums are dying in general.

10 years ago there were at least 6 or 7 forums that checked regularly, most of them are now offline, dead or spam graveyards.

Very few have made it this far... There maybe something positive to take from that fact.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only check this and Piston Heads. Nowhere near as often as I used to. I do find there's an increase in argumentative posting, I certainly read more and post less than I used to. Part of this is to changes in my own circumstances, and I think part of it is to do with a change in how forums are used now.

That said Piston Heads is still going strong despite Haymarket's best efforts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think much of what makes a forum good is when you get a core of people who are all active and click with each other. And I think one good way of generating this is for people to meet up, whether for blasts on the bike or nights down the pub, or just invading someone's gaff of an evening for a bit of direct banter. I don't think forums can sustain themselves as dynamic and vibrant places just within themselves. This is why I've never understood, or been attracted to social media generally. Artificial friendships developed that way mean little to me without actual real-life contact. As a tool to promote that, they're not that great because people live too far apart for convenience of getting together.

I'm only on here now cos I'm bored with nothing better to do, which is not a good reason to be here Rolling Eyes
But like I said, if I had a bit of dosh and could get out on my bike more, I'd likely have more to say, and I'd be threatening people with meeting up Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:51 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is exactly what is wrong with the politics section. There is a certain element who cannot manage reasoned discussion and immediately resort to what they consider to be insults.

I'm not really bothered, in real life I'm referred to as one of the pink and fluffies by the non pink and fluffy cadre at work and so snowflake or leftie has little effect on me.

Now, excuse me whilst I go free Tommy Robinson. I think I'm cutting a tooth...
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord take some valium.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Ste wrote:

What, 34,481 users are considered active, of which maybe about 50 actually say anything? Smile

I'm active in terms of posing on here but I don't actually say anything.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I'm active in terms of posing on here but I don't actually say anything.

Yeah, you're a typical Street Triple poseur Razz Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:47 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: You're being lied to Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Funny how the lefties firing abuse gets conveniently ignored.

https://i.imgur.com/R9n8Vjf.jpg

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the forum and went to the BBQ last year met some fucking fantastic people had a great weekend with people I didn't really know until that weekend.

I would have gone to the BBQ this year but the time was a mismatch for me as I met my family in France that weekend. The price is fantastic and to be honest if a forum member couldn't afford it I'd have stood someone in my place as where else can you get pissed as a newt and eat like a king for the money we spent last year?

I'm not a massive posting person but are we having a BBQ next year?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:00 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

myvision wrote:

Bubbs has already offered up his Dad's place. Wonderful place for a party tbh.

It's a shame that he hasn't managed to get to one that isn't at his place.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ. Is this thread still going?
mpd* hasn't killed it off yet.
well done.

*who in fact says a lot of stuff that I only think to myself, but then I'm not a reactionary right wing git. Just a git. Oh, and right wing. Oh, and reactionary, but just not about politics, LOL. ... it must be hell to have to speak your mind to feel important, rather than know in your mind that that is the way you think but its nobody else's business whether it is or not. I don't care if you guys hate the Tories or those who vote for them, I didn't vote for them this time round because Shambolic, but when I voted Labour I nearly slit my own wrists in shame and disgust at myself.

The good thing about being a Fuckin Old Wanker is that you can say what you like, and be pleased that you genuinely don't give a fuck any more what people think. Cool Thumbs Up

I still love coming to BCF, its the longest I've stayed on any forum, and even with the incursion of Facebook and Pinterest, I still spend enough time here to feel like its got a life of its own, albeit somewhat like myself, its slowed down a bit. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the BBQ is, like, a tradition nowadays, but there's nothing stopping us from changing. If you do the same thing all the time, you stagnate, and if you stagnate, you die quicker.

So we could do something that isn't BBQ and it would still be a valid BCF bunfight.

Cos although the few BBQs I have been to were awesome fun, and I didnt even stay long at any of them, but I do think when it gets to the point where someone starts collecting money for foods and beers and entertainments so far in advance, its overorganised, and by bitter experience I know that that is when the bickering starts, so its prolly better if we nipped all that in the bud whilst only a few people have got stung, and went back to having something a bit more ad hoc, a bit less organised.

Last edited by hellkat on 00:29 - 19 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:39 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
myvision wrote:

Bubbs has already offered up his Dad's place. Wonderful place for a party tbh.

It's a shame that he hasn't managed to get to one that isn't at his place.

Count me in then.
Where and who do I pay?
I'm already looking forward to it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you organise one yourself, or maybe think of somewhere alternative to have it. Rolling Eyes

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:07 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Why don't you organise one yourself, or maybe think of somewhere alternative to have it. Rolling Eyes

Where's bubbs?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs aint the organiser of BBQs, he just had a conveniently available farm for a few years. He has a life beyond that, too.

There'e been an assortment of different gaffs that it developed into BBQ, but its really nothing more than just a party, an event where whoever can turn up, does.

ANYONE can organise it. If ya know of a place that suits...

I aint doin' it cos I only ever turn up unannounced, for five minutes, long enough for everyone to adore me, or wonder who the fuck I am, and then I fuck off again Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 8 of 24