Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

Fuck I even fell in love with one.

w.

smiler???? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Stop giving him a reaction and then he'll have to find someone else to wind-up for his lulz.

/\ Text book King Solomonesque response there.

Ste for Mod.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:02 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you set him to enemy already?

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 10:45 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
It's a one way street of abuse, I haven't replied to him or engaged in his childish games for months.
Even when he's yapping to himself, he's this bad. If I retaliated, this place would go into meltdown.

And yet you have an innate compulsion to have the last word every fucking time. If you're so above it all, feel free to get on and prove that fact.

The long and short of it is I wish you'd both shut the fuck up. The endless tit-for-tat is even worse than any of Hetzer/Siggi's famous hatefuck threads. mpd72,whether you like/acknowledge it or not, you do come across as being racist as all fuck*, because it seems that you can't separate homegrown social and political issues from foreigners. Jewlio, you come across as a monomaniac with an axe to grind and a thoroughly tired point to prove. I've not seen either of you post anything even remotely motorcycle-related in fucking ages, and I'm tired of the endless stream of shite that you two vent at each other, because it brings nothing of value, and there's never any fucking variation in the content of it: "racist" vs "snowflake" can only be written in so many ways before it becomes a copypasted screed that just eats screen space.

*Note the statement that this is how you come across - whether you are racist or not is something I'm not overly interested in, nor making accusations about: I'm purely basing it on the general tone and apparent content of your posts.

Personally, I'd say that there's not been anything much of value in the current events board for quite some time, and yet it seems to be the board with the highest post turnover of late. I tend to click on Newest Posts when I'm looking for an overview of what's going on in BCF, and the tl;dr answer is invariably limited political sperging. I don't give a flying fuck if you're right-wing or left-wing, because as far as I'm concerned, content is of greater importance. I'm on other forums where there's a strong set of political biases, and yet because people actually discuss their points, as opposed to jerking themselves off all the time, it remains interesting, and some valid discourse arises from it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:08 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
blah

And yet you have an innate compulsion to have the last word every fucking time. If you're so above it all, feel free to get on and prove that fact.

It's the same with all the usual suspects who're involved with the petty bickering.

At least if they managed to keep it within the current affairs forum then everyone else could leave them to wallow in their own filth.

But no, they've all got to have the last word. They've all got to Thumbs Down rate each others posts even if it means taking them off their enemies list first.

Would confine them to the f&fw forum so they can continue bickering but eventually it will cost them their account. Mr. Green

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny Coin Penny Coin

This forum has definitely become quieter. I used to be spoilt for choice with threads and spend hours soaking it all in, not anymore. We did have a much larger pool of regular posters and many seem to have left the forum for good without even the courtesy of a farewell flounce post.

There used to be a lot more freedom. I think Ste's posts got me a verbal warning from my boss a couple of times as you could never tell what you would find when opening a thread. "not safe for work" tags probably saved my job.

I think a lot of people lost interest as soon as they fell foul of the new rules and their accounts got banned. It takes a long time to build karma and even though people claim they don't care, it shows a vested interest and gives you a bit of status. Then on top of that, the perceived seniority of the date you joined also gives you the sense of belonging. Losing that can be enough to say, "fuck it, they don't really care here, I'm off".

My issue is time. I went through a house build which I documented here, I had kids, I moved house and got a new job etc.. It all meant less time to dedicate to it. I'm still frequenting the forum daily but rarely post... mostly because my life has become a groundhog day'esque existence of parenting monotony which is hardly winning reading material. Once I'm through these early years I'll start posting a bit more often.

How to fix this?? I have no idea. I do like the sound of having instant notifications similar to facebook notification drop down list to show the changes etc. But that takes money. I am bored of reading peoples opinions of political goings on, I keep hearing the same opinions over and over again and it's even cropped up in this thread. The only people that care are the 2 or 3 people verbally abusing each other. Everyone else just scrolls past and wishes they would STFU.

myvision wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Bubbs has already offered up his Dad's place. Wonderful place for a party tbh.

It's a shame that he hasn't managed to get to one that isn't at his place.

Count me in then.
Where and who do I pay?
I'm already looking forward to it.

I'm buttering the old man up for the place next year. I'm also waiting on the announcement from Welsh Road Race (Welsh TT) so that we can tie in with that. Once I get everything firmed up my end I'll chuck a thread up to announce. As usual we will have:

- Clay pigeon shooting
- Digger driving
- Maybe 4x4 driving on John Deere Gator
- Ripping around fields and forests on dirt bikes (bring your own)
- Nice roaring fire
- No sound restrictions all night
- plus more things as they come to me...
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the summer would see an increase in interesting posts, as I thought people would be doing more bike-related stuff. Seems I was wrong Sad

In my case, as mentioned (probably a million times Laughing ), I'm having a lean year, so no tours or owt like that unfortunately. But is everyone in the same boat?

It occurs to me that there don't seem to be many, if any, exciting new bike models around this year either to discuss/drool over/slag off. Is there nothing positive happening in the world of motorcycling to get enthused over?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:25 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Sit down, shut the fuck up, and get on with not engaging in the childish games. Thumbs Up

Become a practitioner of that which you preach, mate.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I thought the summer would see an increase in interesting posts, as I thought people would be doing more bike-related stuff. Seems I was wrong Sad

In my case, as mentioned (probably a million times Laughing ), I'm having a lean year, so no tours or owt like that unfortunately. But is everyone in the same boat?

It occurs to me that there don't seem to be many, if any, exciting new bike models around this year either to discuss/drool over/slag off. Is there nothing positive happening in the world of motorcycling to get enthused over?

I don't know about positive but there isn't a bike I can think of to get excited over.

Biking has got like everything else, too bloody sensible.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:29 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I don't know about positive but there isn't a bike I can think of to get excited over.

TBH, since the H2R there's not really been anything that's popped up on the radar, and AFAIK the H2R isn't even as balls-out mental as one would expect a supercharged bike to be. I'm not one for just chasing big HP numbers, but it'd be nice to see something genuinely new being mooted at the very least.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You need a KTM in your life.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:51 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

So you are engaging in childish games.

You're meant to be a grown man etc etc.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

When I were a lad ( Sleeping), I loved to read about biking, even when I had no money to indulge myself. But I think things have changed too much for me since then. I honestly believe the loss of the 2 stroke has much to do with it, but it's not just that.

Chinese bikes, electric bikes, commuter bikes - I can't get enthusiastic for any of that. I'm not saying they shouldn't be discussed - they're here to stay, and are very relevant for many, and I guess you can't turn the clock back - but they don't exactly fire my imagination; they're not what biking is about for me.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd and Jewlio - just stop, ffs! How many people have to say it before you listen?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth noting that the most responded to thread for quite some time, with lots of old names popping up, is this very thread.

Clearly none of us want to see this place die off, we all enjoy being part of it, we all enjoy reading what others have to say. Otherwise we'd have ignored the thread, or not given an opinion.

It's on all of us to keep it going if we still want it to exist.

That includes those of us who use the likes of facebook/whatsapp instead. That also includes those of us maybe with small projects that we think aren't worthy of a thread, or little trips that maybe we wouldn't think are worth the effort of posting.

Or maybe it isn't worth the hassle and it should just peter out slowly, which is the way it's been heading recently.

There is some choice in the matter in any case.

Last edited by c_dug on 12:55 - 20 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to offer Bubb's Dad something. Petalbrief and Tracey Suntan Kid can offer so much and I will offer a reach round.

Hopefully by then I should have a new adventure bike to take round the fields.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:01 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
mpd and Jewlio - just stop, ffs! How many people have to say it before you listen?

It's a one way street. I can't make this any simpler.

Show me a single post where I've replied or retaliated to his constant abuse. Just because he keeps going at it, doesn't make me part of it.

This very post of yours gives the lie to the claim it's a one-way street. There are no points or prizes in it. Stop now, please.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:09 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The Karma system is designed for exactly this sort of abuse. Eventually, given enough ropem a lot of people like that end up hanging themselves.

Stop retaliating to his abuse and he'll get bored.

And stop claiming that you're not realiating when you clearly are.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 10 of 24