Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's far from dying.
I logged in for a few minutes before work this afternoon for a nosey, left, then logged in after work and there were replies in around 10 threads I'd posted in and 29 threads with new posts.
This is pretty typical on a daily basis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It's not as dead as GB Bikers is.

Visordown is quite dead as well. https://www.visordown.com/forums/general

The MCN forum has gone.

BCF is going to be the last forum standing.

The 'wanking song game' thread on VD managed a whopping 12 posts...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:52 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there are real threads on visordown rather than just spam ones? Shocked

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:23 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You mean there are real threads on visordown rather than just spam ones? Shocked

Yeah, it took me a minute to wonder why you'd sent me to some kind of pidgeon Inglish middle eastern site. I thought for a moment that you'd done a number on them! Laughing

I had to go four pages in before I found that thread. Looks like they opted for dying without the pre-mortem thread.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:11 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I logged in for a few minutes before work this afternoon for a nosey, left, then logged in after work and there were replies in around 10 threads I'd posted in and 29 threads with new posts.
This is pretty typical on a daily basis.

How many by returning noobs?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be on 125ccsportssbikes.com but that forum is pretty dead.

Ste, you never said what you tweeted to William Shatner

Don't leave me hanging
Sad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:45 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for that now, he's too busy bugging Elon.

@elonmusk The 2020 Tesla Roadster the quickest car in the world. Elon is there anything you are not a genius at?

@Suzuki_motoclub Why are riders the only vehicle without rain wipers?

@elonmusk 1.9 seconds 0 - 60 mph https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/roadster Any plans for a motorcycle we could use a tester for Rainpal?

The best part is when nobody ever replies to him. Laughing

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

@elonmusk The 2020 Tesla Roadster the quickest car in the world. Elon is there anything you are not a genius at?

@elonmusk 1.9 seconds 0 - 60 mph https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/roadster Any plans for a motorcycle we could use a tester for Rainpal?

Maybe you should tell Elon about the adams frequent trips to Thailand, then Elon might reply to him
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Funny). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:43 - 08 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Did Bodyform Rage Flounce the forum but then climb into your bcf account?

You are not gaining much favour at present. Your karma chart looks like s4it. (Even from a distance.) Shocked

A slight 'change of tack' is still an option that is open to you Sir?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:49 - 08 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Ste wrote:

Maybe you should tell Elon about the adams frequent trips to Thailand, then Elon might reply to him

Don't say Erroneous Arron is going to make a Tie into a Visor Viper now?
Rolling Eyes
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:36 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This account's Tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @1RainPal's Tweets and complete profile.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thankfully, there's a whole new "Why Create Rainpal?" page on the website which includes info on how it will be "free in the long term from yearly savings".

He's no longer in the highest category of connections of 1000+ on LinkedIn. Laughing

Remember... none of this is up for discussion, all of this information is provided strictly for entertainment and educational purposes only. Shhh!

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

you fucking piece of ste?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:14 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

yfpos

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he's given us a new video to watch and pretend Rainpal is real.

If anything - it's got louder and more annoying 🤣🤣

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:18 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

You are not gaining much favour at present. Your karma chart looks like s4it. (Even from a distance.) Shocked

No that's HIM giving it out to others. Yet claiming to be a victim.

With 20+ enemies he has if we wanted to Karma rape him then he would be in the black within a day.

But we're not children unlike him, where he unenemies gives you a negative then reblocks you.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

owl10
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:32 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been visiting this palce on and off ever since ste told everyone to sell everything and invest in bitcoin (2010 ish?).

Didn't, but hey ho.

I lurk more than post. Part of the reason I kept coming back was because the huge range of characters and random interesting threads (mostly not about bikes). Part of that was getting posters like krad and whatever the guys name was who could underwater weld to 4 thou, and bodyguard etc.

As much as those posters piss people off at times keeping the mix is important to stop the place becoming an echo chamber.

Its pretty self moderating as well and allows space for people to be a twat... Unusual for fora.

I wouldnt want to crash a bike in a strange country whilst riding like a nob with any other group of misfits.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl10 wrote:
Ive been visiting this palce on and off ever since ste told everyone to sell everything and invest in bitcoin (2010 ish?).

Didn't, but hey ho.

I lurk more than post. Part of the reason I kept coming back was because the huge range of characters and random interesting threads (mostly not about bikes). Part of that was getting posters like krad and whatever the guys name was who could underwater weld to 4 thou, and bodyguard etc.

As much as those posters piss people off at times keeping the mix is important to stop the place becoming an echo chamber.

Its pretty self moderating as well and allows space for people to be a twat... Unusual for fora.

I wouldnt want to crash a bike in a strange country whilst riding like a nob with any other group of misfits.

YFPOS!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 10 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl10 wrote:

...whatever the guys name was who could underwater weld to 4 thou...

OMG, that kicked off when I was a newbie. The 8' geyser of shit in a fish finger factory is quite possibly still the funniest thing I've ever read online.
Mark Roberts was the miscreant.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 10 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I think it is in decline, in a decaying orbit. But it probably won't be terminal yet.

A bulletin board I used to run, that I didn't found, that started in 2001 went offline today Crying or Very sad in it's heyday, we sold advertising on it, that not only paid the bills, it paid for beer and pizzas at member get togethers. been in decline for years, just a few of the old regulars chatting

https://web.archive.org/web/20071015000000*/footballforumuk.com

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 10 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm alive, the face book thing has detracted from people posting, for example Smiler went on a nice little bike ride, posted it up on FB but not here. The people who woold have replied on here did so on FB, me included.

It doesn't mean that the forum is dead, just that things are more spread around.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 10 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste I take it that link has been removed.
I should have checked earlier, but unfortunately like millions of other bikers i died over the weekend due to not being adequately protected in the rain.
(Then came back as a hologram)

Sad

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit curious how people can say that posts by somebody or this some thread or other annoys them. Just don’t read them, block the user, either or?

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 22:01 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/L0BaE5s.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24