Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Trumpet under fire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 09 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I just watched the once satirical comedy known as HIGNFY and it was all about criticising Boris and Trump. Starmer only got a, "He's good isn't he." Radio 4's News Quiz is similar. Fair enough, Boris and Trump are ripe for satire (and Trump in particular is a dangerously narcissistic loon) but Corbyn and Starmer's lot are equally hopeless, yet they get a free pass. If you don't detect that you're being told what to think you've already bought it.

As far as I'm aware HIGNFY has always focused on political stories and scandals from those who are supposed to be held the most accountable, i.e. the current government. Labour haven't been in power for 10 years, their antics are far less relevant than those whose decisions have a real effect on the direction the country goes in.

I think it's downplaying it a bit when you say Boris is 'ripe for satire'. The amount of shit his government are currently getting away with is unreal. Most salient point for me is the cronyism. I absolutely cannot believe the level of blatant corruption that has been involved in everything around the covid-19 pandemic. Judging by the amount of failure, scandal and inaction for the last few months, it's almost as if the government are deliberately letting it drag on so they can carry on rolling out millions in PPE and tech contracts to their mates. But hey let's ignore all that because the lamestream media is just too left wing.

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121218965_1259258447790108_4874442332061226961_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Lc3lv4fbOkQAX8vE-PW&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=d37f66a4ddc4bd8c211fece6c57c46d3&oe=5FA8436F

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful apppreciation.

I'm sure Uncle Corbyn and Diane qould have done so much beter

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to acknowledge that Question Time is deliberately stuffed with Lefties. Time and again they're exposed for planting audience members.

Backfired a bit though: Laurence Fox's Reclaim Party is a direct result of BBC bias.

KiwiBob
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:42 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
You have to acknowledge that Question Time is deliberately stuffed with Lefties. Time and again they're exposed for planting audience members.

Backfired a bit though: Laurence Fox's Reclaim Party is a direct result of BBC bias.

There are just as many or maybe more right wing Tory plants on Question Time as there are left wing Labour.

Both sides are easy to spot!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17646761.more-plants-than-a-garden-centre-twitter-reacts-to-alleged-bias-on-bbc-question-time/

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Labour haven't been in power for 10 years, their antics are far less relevant than those whose decisions have a real effect on the direction the country goes in.

But they're not powerless, they do have MPs who ought to be acting to protect their constituencies. A policy of simply being wise after the event and not offering up ideas which we can credit and judge them by, will keep them out of office. Vote for change means understanding what's different and better, and we should be told. Instead they abstain and then at the next election they'll be saying, "You know that thing you wanted, we'd probably do that." (Like the Lib Dems.) You'd think the Tory government (and Trump's) was an open goal but the opposition has been too hopeless to vote for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, I think the traditional support of both sides is in despair at the moment. The only thing that gives me hope in the UK is that the government seems to me to be doing the right thing in the Brexit negotiations at the moment, and I think it is important to get this out of the way so the country can look to the future. Of course, if you're a Remainer who can't come to terms with the fact that we are out of the EU, you don't even have this to be hopeful about. But I think hope is quite important. Better than sinking into a depressed funk about everything anyway. It's very hard to achieve anything when all you see is the negative in the world.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

KiwiBob wrote:
There are just as many or maybe more right wing Tory plants on Question Time as there are left wing Labour.

Both sides are easy to spot!

Lol. Whichever side you think the bias on QT is weighted on, people are turning away from the BBC in droves, so it's a bit of a pointless argument now.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Hence the left''s overwhelming support for the moneyed elites and their Bidan puppet, siding with Washington’s pay-to-play swamp, Wall Street, the censoring oligarchs of Silicon Valley and the fake news media in their banzai attack on Trump, who is actually defending the deplorable working class. Rolling Eyes

Strange that 'draining the swamp' seems to consist almost entirely of prosecuting Trump lackeys. Thinking

Odd that the MSM haven't jumped all over the following link, what with their continual berating of the orange one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/09/1mdb-scandal-former-trump-fundraiser-charged-with-allegedly-lobbying-us-to-drop-inquiry
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Find me the man and I'll find you the crime" - Lavrentiy Beria

Note that Beria wasn't actually interested in whether a crime had been committed. He was interested in eliminating (in the truest sense of the word!) anyone he and the paranoid regime he served deemed undesirable at any given moment. Considering that amounted to somewhere in excess of 30 million people, you wonder who could have avoided being considered undesirable, given enough time.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 10 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
"Find me the man and I'll find you the crime" - Lavrentiy Beria

Note that Beria wasn't actually interested in whether a crime had been committed. He was interested in eliminating (in the truest sense of the word!) anyone he and the paranoid regime he served deemed undesirable at any given moment. Considering that amounted to somewhere in excess of 30 million people, you wonder who could have avoided being considered undesirable, given enough time.

Good god, I haven't heard his name mentioned for years. He was probably the most ruthless man around, certainly beating any of Hitlers acolytes for the title.

A pedofile who loved rape. The Charman of the NKVD who kept his hand in by partaking of a nice bit of torture every now and again. A real 110% bastard.

I found him a fascinating character, so utterly ruthless. Stories about him are that he helped Stalin (his mentor) onward (with poison) so he could take over as dictator but lost the subsequent power struggle with Krushhcev.

I love history.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

2024 General Election
Laurence Fox (Reclaim) X
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they ever going to run out of tin foil?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Are they ever going to run out of tin foil?

Depends on whether they ration Rebel Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF George Soros could do an excellent "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction is that Biden wins the election.

And then almost immediately drops dead.

So we're left with the nice woman of colour and all live happily ever after.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 14 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Joe Biden's success is assured. Check out this blast from the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f2Z30j61aw

From Day One running for Senate ~40 years ago we have a man who likes to make up stories, is constantly exposed as a liar, admits he's a liar and yet he just keeps going. All the way to the top seemingly Thinking

You could sign your soul over to the Devil and never get half as good a deal Twisted Evil

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is constantly exposed as a liar, admits he's a liar and yet he just keeps going. All the way to the top seemingly

Seems to be a qualification rather than an admission in US politics nowadays...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Mmm... and competence isn't high up there either. George W Bush anyone? Lowest IQ of any president. 2nd lowest George Bush Snr Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Mmm... and competence isn't high up there either. George W Bush anyone? Lowest IQ of any president. 2nd lowest George Bush Snr Shocked

It's bad when a two bit cowboy actor is considered a good president.

Mind you, he hasn't had much competition.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This I really cannot understand. How many Democrats are there in the USA? Surely one can be identified who is 'clean', not associated with a previous POTUS and not about to croak?

My tinfoil-hat theory is that the establishment kill the ones considered a genuine threat. The only reason they let Obama live is because they knew the election of a black man would produce a counter-reaction thus allowing them to get a real nutter in afterwards...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

This I really cannot understand. How many Democrats are there in the USA? Surely one can be identified who is 'clean', not associated with a previous POTUS and not about to croak?

My tinfoil-hat theory is that the establishment kill the ones considered a genuine threat. The only reason they let Obama live is because they knew the election of a black man would produce a counter-reaction thus allowing them to get a real nutter in afterwards...

Obama wasn't a good president though. If he hadn't been black and had a mouthy wife who loves the limelight people would have been saying 'who' by now?

He seemed a nice enough bloke but he's lauded mainly because he was a black president, not because he was a brilliant president.

He just said and did what the establishment expected.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Blair was white and had a mouthy wife who loves the limelight.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 187 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31