Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Trumpet under fire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A wonderful apppreciation.

I'm sure Uncle Corbyn and Diane qould have done so much beter

I keep on hearing this whenever anybody has the temerity to criticise BoJo, Gollum and the rest of our current leadership. The fact is that Uncle Corbyn and Diane aren't in power and aren't likely to ever be in power, so the statement is meaningless.

I would laugh my cock off however if BoJo implements a 4 day week and reduces the retirement age in order to get more people off benefits and into employment instead. Rumour has it he is considering doing this but is struggling with how to present it as his own idea...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris or Corbyn.... fucked either way. The ballot paper only lets you choose the type of lube.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a bit of time on my hands recently so I've been looking into Murcan politics a bit more.

Seems the MSM and social media are acting for Biden just like they did for Corbyn. Absolutely no negative press.

CNN's webpage contains nothing about Hunter Biden's laptop, the images of him with his crack pipe and the secret emails confirming Joe Biden has been in conference with Ukrainian bribe artists despite stating categorically that he had nothing to do with his son's business activities.

And then to intensify the drama, Facebook and Twitter banned the story and deplatformed it Laughing

https://youtu.be/GureRbH-_Xs

And then I find that a black guy had his teeth knocked out by Antifa shouting BLM at him, at a free speech rally - so what does Twitter do?
Banned his accounts for sharing the footage :lol

https://sfist.com/2020/10/17/trump-supporters-trickle-holding-what-was-billed-as-a-free-speech-rally/

And once more, the education establishments are well up to speed with pushing their Democrat views in a really well balanced way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQVyMJJI_I&t=212s

And of course this has no effect on students' ability to distinguish between the characteristics of the candidates Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_cZ9BBWDjA&t=5s

Just watch them try to shitweasel out of it once they know who it is that said it! Delusional little spunkbubbles.

Unreal. Now a Trump fan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
just like they did for Corbyn. Absolutely no negative press.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

https://mronline.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/The-News-Versus-Jeremy-Corbyn-Matthew-Corr-Medium.png

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:31 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't read The Sun Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:18 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it odd how badly the Democrats have chosen their presidential candidate. Given Joe Biden's fairly low calibre history, which the DNC leadership must know about, it just seems absurd that they would choose him. After the hysteria and upset that Trump's election seemed to cause, it should have been easy to pick just about anyone who represents the perfect mix of "politics without populism" and "human enough to be worth a vote", yet they selected a man who looks he chose the wrong holy grail.

https://i.imgur.com/MOaeLUj.gif?noredirect

That being said, I still think he'd be better than another term of Trump mania.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I do find it odd how badly the Democrats have chosen their presidential candidate. Given Joe Biden's fairly low calibre history, which the DNC leadership must know about, it just seems absurd that they would choose him. After the hysteria and upset that Trump's election seemed to cause, it should have been easy to pick just about anyone who represents the perfect mix of "politics without populism" and "human enough to be worth a vote", yet they selected a man who looks he chose the wrong holy grail.

https://i.imgur.com/MOaeLUj.gif?noredirect

That being said, I still think he'd be better than another term of Trump mania.

It does seem they have no idea and haven't learnt form the last time with Hilary. An open goal if you believe the press and they pick him.

It's as if they went looking for Mr. Vanilla with a policy of hoping Trump will beat himself rather than offering a competent adversary.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I don't read The Sun Razz

No one reads the Sun Wink The big names in US MSM might lean more towards Biden but there's always the smaller outlets. For example:

https://www.foxnews.com/ Whistle

It's quite easy to find an alternative viewpoint. However, I don't think anyone can dispute Silicon Valley being more partisan than they should be. Twitter proving "Black" has zero to do with skin colour being particularly heinous (cue Law & Order SUV music.)

Lord Percy wrote:
...chose the wrong holy grail.

Priceless Laughing

Clinton & Biden both show who's really in charge at the DNC...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ADgfsbHcS62Jy/giphy.gif

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Clinton & Biden both show who's really in charge at the DNC...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ADgfsbHcS62Jy/giphy.gif

Can't remember where I saw it, but I saw an interesting video recently which made the case for how US politics is decided by money alone, on both sides of the political spectrum.

There was some research done, by a political institute or a university or something (sorry can't remember), which found that the US political landscape is dictated entirely by corporate interests. The research found that exactly 0% of the average person's vote counts for anything at all. US politics and society would be a completely different beast if it were actually dictated the way it should be - democratically.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love him or loath him I'd say one take from the 2016 election was that Trump spent his campaign money smart. Hence the constant cries of "but! but! Hilary won the popular vote!" yes but the election isn't decided on the popular vote therefore Trump didn't waste resources on chasing that.

The last 4 years of tearful Democrats isn't about Trump's policies they're just butt-hurt they got outplayed. But that also shows how unfit for purpose so-called "American Democracy" is: that a sharp operator can come along and game the system.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Can't remember where I saw it, but I saw an interesting video recently which made the case for how US politics is decided by money alone, on both sides of the political spectrum.

Influence peddling. That, in my mind, was the starting point that got America where it is now. But now, the divisions are out in the open, and they can't be hidden again. The question is, what is the best way forward from here?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The question is, what is the best way forward from here?

A hot civil war? To continue on from the current cold civil war?

Probably more autonomy for individual states and less federal government might avoid that scenario but that's thinking in terms of what's best for the people. The US doesn't run for the benefit of its citizens so we have to think in terms of what the money men (and women I guess) want and that only has one answer: total control. President Harris will be firmly in the pocket of the globalists.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to start spiking the domestic water supplies with psilocybin or forcing the entire population to go on Ayahuasca retreats.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (or seemingly when...) Donald Trump loses the election, is there a chance he's going to be royally screwed by all the pedo and tax evasion accusations that were chucked at him a few months ago? It feels like there's so much left to be answered, and he likely has a whole lot more enemies who would happily open and re-open that case as many times as they can, specially since it's become something of a public interest story.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
If (or seemingly when...) Donald Trump loses the election, is there a chance he's going to be royally screwed by all the pedo and tax evasion accusations that were chucked at him a few months ago? It feels like there's so much left to be answered, and he likely has a whole lot more enemies who would happily open and re-open that case as many times as they can, specially since it's become something of a public interest story.

The accusations have gone both ways. When an election is all done and settled, I don't think most people really care that much, it has little relevance to their day-to-day lives. If the politicians want to have never-ending cat fights, meh. Just leave ordinary working people who just want to get on with their lives out of it. What is to be gained for them?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The accusations have gone both ways. When an election is all done and settled, I don't think most people really care that much, it has little relevance to their day-to-day lives. If the politicians want to have never-ending cat fights, meh. Just leave ordinary working people who just want to get on with their lives out of it. What is to be gained for them?

I dunno, I think the "private island for pedos" allegation is pretty huge, specially when it involves ex-presidents and recently excommunicated royals.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I dunno, I think the "private island for pedos" allegation is pretty huge, specially when it involves ex-presidents and recently excommunicated royals.

Hey, if those are the issues you feel most matter in your life, go for it Smile

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the issues are not resolved I will die crying.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
If the issues are not resolved I will die crying.

Dibs on stuff etc.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Biden then who will just die.

All hail President Harris.

For the UK I think it's worrying that Biden/Harris will come down firmly on the side of the EU.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump (or more likely his negotiators) will not exactly have had plans to play nice with the UK though. It's plain economic opportunism.

Regarding the 'President Harris' comment - I think this is a long term DNC strategy, which was a risk but it appears to be playing out. If the DNC can get a boring gammon white old guy in this time around, they can then jettison him later for the younger, female, black candidate next time around and win with ease. Obviously a lot will change in the coming years, but this strategy could potentially see them with 12 solid years of control in the US. Or even 16 if Biden plods on for long enough and wins enough hearts and minds to gain a second term. Very interesting tactics to observe!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31