Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Trumpet under fire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
this strategy could potentially see them with 12 solid years of control in the US. Or even 16...

Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well isn't it 4 years a time in the US? So, 4 years of Biden, then if he plays his cards right get 4 more years... then he has to step down, after which they've got their female Obama to win the next round(s). All based on identity politics of course.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversely I wonder if they've played Biden with the expectation that he'll drop down dead early on and they can wheel in Rolf Harris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Conversely I wonder if they've played Biden with the expectation that he'll drop down dead early on and they can wheel in Rolf Harris.

I don't think they're counting on that. They're counting on him being weak. Or maybe they'll just buy him off. He does seem to like money Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, also that.

It just seems like an obvious strategic gamble to me. Biden was such a bad choice, they must have done it with intent, knowing (hoping) Trump was unpopular enough to lose even to a boring unknown oldie. So now they still have a strong contender up their sleeve for next time around.

I mean, in any competition you don't usually pull out your best cards until you need to. They're... they're biden their time.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Well isn't it 4 years a time in the US? So, 4 years of Biden, then if he plays his cards right get 4 more years... then he has to step down, after which they've got their female Obama to win the next round(s). All based on identity politics of course.

WTF? That's a lot of 'ifs'.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm whiskying here, allow me my ifs.

I think the part about pushing a boring old guy to then replace him with a vote-winning identity politics candidate is plausible, at the least.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have said Trump was a wildly unlikely candidate in 2016 but he won. I do agree though, that Biden didn't seem to be a strong candidate in 2020. Recent elections here and abroad seem to have been lost, not won. So many open goals, missed.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who will replace Trump (if he doesn't contend for leadership again in 2024, like he hinted at). If populism continues to be a thing, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ben Shapiro make a go of things.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My way of looking at it is that if Trump can't even beat Biden, he doesn't deserve the presidency.

Ben Shapiro! God, I hope not. My brain just can't process words that fast Laughing Does he do voicings for The Simpsons or something?

Btw, the Dems are the populists now Wink
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 06 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend on Ben Shapiro getting himself onto a reality TV show first.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 07 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
My way of looking at it is that if Trump can't even beat Biden, he doesn't deserve the presidency.

Ben Shapiro! God, I hope not. My brain just can't process words that fast Laughing Does he do voicings for The Simpsons or something?

Btw, the Dems are the populists now Wink

My way of looking at it is that Trump didn't deserve the presidency in the first place.

Who the fuck is Ben Shapiro? (I'd best go googling)

The Dems have been populists (assuming you mean winners of the popular vote) since November 1992.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 07 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

My way of looking at it is that Trump didn't deserve the presidency in the first place.

Like us here in the UK, it looks like we may have to wait a long time yet before someone is found that does deserve a national leadership position.

Quote:
Who the fuck is Ben Shapiro? (I'd best go googling)

Don't bother. He's too conservative even for me Laughing

Quote:
The Dems have been populists (assuming you mean winners of the popular vote) since November 1992.

Actually, populist means someone seeking to represent ordinary people. But I don't think America has anyone in that category Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:10 - 07 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Like us here in the UK, it looks like we may have to wait a long time yet before someone is found that does deserve a national leadership position.

I was quite fond of Boris when he was mayor. Quite disappointed in his performance at the helm so far. Wouldn't be sad if Gove knifed him in the back tomorrow.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:05 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gove - now there's a weasel.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Who the fuck is Ben Shapiro?

Ben Shapiro the mouthy Yank that faced off against Andrew Neil and made himself look a right twat, even accused Neil of being a Leftist! Shocked

Michael Brooks (RIP) and Emma Vigland dissect the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWUBDLn2qo

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

You're talking 8 years away, minimum.
That's a long game to play in this day and age.
Anything could happen in that time, based on 2020's performance.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I wonder who will replace Trump (if he doesn't contend for leadership again in 2024, like he hinted at). If populism continues to be a thing, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ben Shapiro make a go of things.

Ted Cruz - he's popped up in quite a few streams as a talking head lately.

Ben Shapiro would be an even more troll candidate than Trump. The Left would happily own their anti-Semitism if they could have him hung, drawn and quartered.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 08 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Obama wasn't a good president though. If he hadn't been black and had a mouthy wife who loves the limelight people would have been saying 'who' by now?

He seemed a nice enough bloke but he's lauded mainly because he was a black president, not because he was a brilliant president.

He just said and did what the establishment expected.

Why wasn't he a good president? He promoted stability and introduced mostly universal healthcare to a country that has a pathological hatred of caring about anyone except No.1.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear some talk of the Orange Man brokering peace deals in the Middle East. Worse than Hitler, I tell thee.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I hear some talk of the Orange Man brokering peace deals in the Middle East. Worse than Hitler, I tell thee.

It's not good for the American military-industrial complex, so probably not good for Biden's pocket. He'll have to put a stop to that nonsense.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:56 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Further to that heinous crime, he's one of only a handful of US Presidents who haven't invaded other countries or gotten involved with any other types of armed conflicts against other countries. Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Further to that heinous crime, he's one of only a handful of US Presidents who haven't invaded other countries or gotten involved with any other types of armed conflicts against other countries. Shocked

That's because his money doesn't depend on the interests that promote doing those things. It's all about the money, where it comes from and where it goes. Trump broke that mould, and a lot of very wealthy interests didn't like it.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
armed conflicts against other countries. Shocked

We found 202 Clips with "armed conflicts"

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 09 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember Anthony Wiener? He was a very charismatic Democrat but screwed up by sexting outside of his marriage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Weiner

I always thought he would have been a good candidate and even though he was convicted of a sex offence up against trumps antics he doesn't look so bad.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31