Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha YBR 125cc 2012 idle rpm and non start after shutdown

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tony12345
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Yamaha YBR 125cc 2012 idle rpm and non start after shutdown Reply with quote

Hi, I found the brass idle screw and unscrewed it to pick up the tick over as it was a little too low, 1250rpm. I have adjusted it about 2 1/2 turns and its now running at 1500rpm after warming up the engine first, a 5 min run around the block lol. From what I have read a rev of 1500 though nothing in the hand book, just says refer to a dealer to ajust. should this be ok?

Also yesterday before I adjusted I had a problem, in the morning on the way to work I had no issues, started up and off I went. After work I started the bike and left it to tick over while I finished with my paperwork and gear to put in the bikes box. The bike did start to splutter a bit and didn't seem to tick over properly (this is why I have adjusted today). I forgot to add an item to my box so I shut down the bike to use the key to unlock and open the box. I then tried to start the bike but nothing happened, it was like the starter motor was stuck, I tried a few times it did try and start but didnt turn over properly, and also tried again and the starter motor wouldn't turn over at all. I managed to bump start the bike with a little help and it just fired straight up.

Today the same thing happened. After a warm up I left the engine ticking over and was running at 1250rpm, sounded like it was near stall speed. The engine management light came on, never came on before, it was still on a min later, I then increased the throttle to 2000rpm and the em light went out. After turning back it idol rpm the em came back on again. I adjusted the idol screw to 1500rpm, but this time the light didnt go out, even running at 2000rpm, I didnt take it out for a test run, I should have lol, I turned the bike off then tried to start on the key, but nothing happened the starter motor didn't make any sound, I did try and bump the engine over but made no difference. I have just put the battery on charge just in case it may be too low to start and to eliminate that problem from the battery.

I am guessing a fault with the starter motor or too much fuel and flooded with too much pressure to engage the starter?
Thanks for any help

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjusting things after 6 years is a no no, what is the battery voltage the morning after without charging for 24 hours?

Tony12345
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffa90 wrote:
Adjusting things after 6 years is a no no, what is the battery voltage the morning after without charging for 24 hours?

This is the fist time I have removed the battery, I have had the bike 2 weeks now, so getting used to it. I never had any problems till yesterday. It did run alittle lumpy that what it did before. It was running at 1500 when I bought it.
The bike has always started with no issues, usually 1/2 a second on the starter and it fires up. It was serviced and mod`d when I bought it, (bought privately). The bike it`s self is in mint condition and was owned by a biker family, their son had it to pass his test on it, so has been well looked after.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:24 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, in gods name, are you leaving it to overheat before you ride it?

Tony12345
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't overheated.

I just finished charging the battery, taken 2 hrs to charge, refitted battery and bike fired straight up. Going to retest again tomorrow see if I get the same problem. It`s had 2 hrs for the bike to "settle down" so still could have a problem.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:08 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: Yamaha YBR 125cc 2012 idle rpm and non start after shutd Reply with quote

Tony12345 wrote:
It hasn't overheated.

Tony12345 wrote:
After work I started the bike and left it to tick over while I finished with my paperwork and gear to put in the bikes box.

Go read your manual. It'll tell you not to warm it up before riding.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1