Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2pm bike theft in Manchester

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: 2pm bike theft in Manchester Reply with quote

https://streamable.com/2d2iv

It seems pretty lawless.

Note this is right in middle of the city centre.

Here infact:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4816353,-2.2400386,3a,75y,232.62h,90t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sd1AenxoLEuF5HjoSVqG79A!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dd1AenxoLEuF5HjoSVqG79A%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D217.91013%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:51 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's brazen....wish it was acceptable and legal to shoot them tbh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:07 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part and parcel.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the fucker that filmed it phoned the police before he started his Lord Snowdon impression. Evil or Very Mad

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:09 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
filmed it :

According to reddit the owner was filming it as were about 20+ other people standing to one side.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police are basically on strike - have been since the 2012 Police Federation conference when May announced 20% budget cuts. This is why you never see a cop from one month to the next.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely 20 years ago the kids doing it would be armed with pointy items and acid though

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
It's unlikely 20 years ago the kids doing it would be armed with pointy items and acid though

Could even have guns nowadays.

I would phone the police and walk away. Sorry, but I'm not taking on a bunch of delinquents for someone else's property. The only time I'd have a go is if they were in my house or threatening my family. Possessions are not worth dying over.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Fizzoid wrote:

Could even have guns nowadays.

I would phone the police and walk away. Sorry, but I'm not taking on a bunch of delinquents for someone else's property. The only time I'd have a go is if they were in my house or threatening my family. Possessions are not worth dying over.

Although I agree with you Polarbear, "things" are not worth dying for... I still would have to do something. 2 reasons

1) I don't like bullies and don't respond well to threats
2) they always escalate. If they go unchallenged now doing this, in 1,2,5 years time - they will be in your house / threatening your famiky. Simply because they think they can get away with taking what isn't theirs.

I guarantee if 1 person watching that had stepped up - suddenly everyone would be all over them.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality we face these days is the fact that if me or you intervene and the thief trys to get stabby stabby and they fail and you end up doing them the damage then the CPS and police will be all over you instead of all over them.

Its gone beyond white or black stabby stabby as its all cultures white/black/asian men doing the stabby stabbys and bike theft crime

just try discipline your child in public or at school and watch how social workers and the police will be on your arse and then they wonder why youths are how they are.......theres just no discipline any more!

the days of society here in the uk having a community spirit are long gone from city centers, the last vestiges of these memory's can only be found in very small villages.
when im in one of these small villages, people always say hello whereas in london if you say hello to someone you dont know your looked at like you have offended them, or you could get stabby stabbed stabbed

the PC culture and all these things which protect cunts and other things is the reason why things have gone to shit in the last 20yrs

i think my generation may have been the last of the semi decent ones (im a 1980s child)

i used to just worry about the opportunist thief or the white van man stealing my bike now i have to worry about the opportunist thief & the white van man & the feral cunts who will throw acid or shoot u or stabby stab stab you for the bike.

its makes one wish one had a legal license to carry a firearm for ones own protection to be allowed to discharge said firearm when ones life and belongings are under threat!

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you intervene protecting your own property. You are allowed to use reasonable force without worrying about the CPS being "all over you" - yes there may be a court case where a jury decides whether the force was reasonable or not...

But its not as one sided as you imply above.

Thumbs Up

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

for all our sakes i hope your right!

i pray to the birds and trees and what ever sky fairies there are that i never have to find out first or second hand.

GPZ-Bob
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what I'd do. Not a big guy (5ft 6 tops), not a fighter...not sure I could let it go though. Think I could be seriously hurt in the moment.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
If you intervene protecting your own property. You are allowed to use reasonable force without worrying about the CPS being "all over you" - yes there may be a court case where a jury decides whether the force was reasonable or not...

But its not as one sided as you imply above.

Thumbs Up

There was a "Caught on camera" type show on TV (ITV?) lately that covered moped crime, some jewellers chased them with baseball bats and where promptly queried by the police why they had bats to hand.

Unless reasonable force is wit your own body, I still believe the police/CPS will go for the easy conviction on you rather than the harder one against the actual criminals.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
There was a "Caught on camera" type show on TV (ITV?) lately that covered moped crime, some jewellers chased them with baseball bats and where promptly queried by the police why they had bats to hand.

To which you answer we play Baseball in the shop when bored officer.
Or you just look at them as I did at 8am one morning when somebody emptied my truck, holding the bloke in one hand and a 6 cell maglite in the other I smiled sweetly and said 'Didn't realise how bright it is, I don't really need a torch officer'.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:58 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:

Unless reasonable force is wit your own body, I still believe the police/CPS will go for the easy conviction on you rather than the harder one against the actual criminals.

A baseball bat is unreasonable, unless you are on your way to baseball practice, and have a mitt and a uniform and a ball etc... If you use your loaf you can use whatever is genuinely to hand rather than keeping a weapon which is obviously a weapon (and actually pretty difficult to wield) behind the counter. A can of Mr Sheen would be better for example...

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home invasions specifically "allow" reasonable force to consider picking up "something to hand"

Not sure whether that extends to your property or not.

There's any number of things you could have "to hand" on a bike without causing any difficult questions to be asked. Which I'd suggest not mentioning here for fear it might happen in future and this thread becomes your prosecutor...👍👍👍

Back on topic though, they are inherantly cowards, the act of simply standing up to them and not backing off should be enough to send them running, especially as all geared up. Take your helmet off though.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
t121anf wrote:

A baseball bat is unreasonable, unless you are on your way to baseball practice, and have a mitt and a uniform and a ball etc... If you use your loaf you can use whatever is genuinely to hand rather than keeping a weapon which is obviously a weapon (and actually pretty difficult to wield) behind the counter. A can of Mr Sheen would be better for example...

Bit it isn't. I'm 62 years old, I'm not going to take on a feral 20 year old with a can of Mr fucking sheen. I have a nice sword stick in the bedroom and a vintage cavalry sabre in the living room. I should be able to use them if someone breaks into my house but the police, even though they won't turn up for two hours, get pissy if you skewer the shits. Evil or Very Mad

u33db
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:31 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Although I agree with you Polarbear, "things" are not worth dying for... I still would have to do something. 2 reasons

1) I don't like bullies and don't respond well to threats
2) they always escalate. If they go unchallenged now doing this, in 1,2,5 years time - they will be in your house / threatening your famiky. Simply because they think they can get away with taking what isn't theirs.

I guarantee if 1 person watching that had stepped up - suddenly everyone would be all over them.

Damn right, and the people standing by doing nothing are as bad as the theives, its like saying its ok.

I'd have intervened or at the very least caused a scene shouting the odds.

Modern life though.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:18 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest shock is that the youth are up and out at 2pm.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:57 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Bit it isn't. I'm 62 years old, I'm not going to take on a feral 20 year old with a can of Mr fucking sheen. I have a nice sword stick in the bedroom and a vintage cavalry sabre in the living room. I should be able to use them if someone breaks into my house but the police, even though they won't turn up for two hours, get pissy if you skewer the shits. Evil or Very Mad

Lamp, pepper mill, kitchen knife, all better options than a sword or sword stick. All easier to wield than a baseball bat, especially indoors.

You have to bear in mind your environment, and you aren't going to be able to swing a cavalry sabre in your front room...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:09 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Maybe, but for visual effect, wielding a Samurai sword will scare the little shits more than waving a pepper mill or can of furniture polish at them.
The idea is to not have to use it and make then scarper, rather than take you on with your pepper mill or can of Mr Sheen.

That's an epically stupid idea. Either they are wimps and will run away when being sprayed in the face with any kind of aerosol, or they are hard nuts in which case they'll realise you can't swing a sword in a narrow hallway and disarm you and run you through with it.

If you are going to fight, you fight to be effective. Not to scare, not to subdue but to do damage. Fighting in real life is one of the few times where you go big or not at all. In most cases it's not at all, but when a tooled up intruder is in my home I can at least convince myself I've got nothing to lose by fighting.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 176 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2