Help with Council PCN - Parked on the Pavement

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:56 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteRetnuH877 wrote:

You think if I suck them off they will cancel the PCN for me?

Don't see why not, it's how you're mum pays for takeaways. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:01 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteRetnuH877 wrote:
Ste wrote:
what have you already told the council?

Nothing other than what I stated: The bike was not causing an obstruction due to the width of the path, which was not parked kerb-side. I asked them to show me the law/rule that states motorcycles cannot park on the path.

I think, ultimately, my point is that there are certain things within the highway code that motorcycles can do, that cars cannot. I personal don't think this rule applies to motorcycles, and why would it? - as I stated, the motorcycle is not causing an obstruction, so in the grand scheme of things, how would a motorcycle not causing an obstructions, cause any loss of hindrance to the council, or any pedestrians walking on the path? you could however not say the same thing if a car or a van was parked on the path. This is ultimately my point, and I do not thing it is a black and white case of me being in the wrong and just paying the fine.

Ah shit, I was hoping that you hadn't told them all the crap you've posted in this thread. But you have. Laughing

It is very black and white.

You've admitted parking on the pavement and tried to appeal on the ground that you think motorcycles should be treated as cyclists and that you don't think you were causing an obstruction.

All you've achieved is fucking up any chance of successfully appealing the ticket. Nice work. Laughing

Pay up sooner rather than later. Take it to court will just make it more expensive for you.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteRetnuH877 wrote:

They also need to find the part that specifically says motorcycles can't park on pavements...

Quote:
Rules for motorcyclists (83 to 88)

Anything in there that says you can?

That will be a NO then.

Quote:
Waiting and parking (238 to 252)

Anything in there that says M/Bikes are excluded?

That would be a NO then...

While you may think you are not causing a obstruction. You can be to a blind person, that relies on the edge of the path...

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:28 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

next time say your motorbike had broken down so you moved onto pavement as to not obstruct traffic and cyclists in the road, you later picked up the bike in a van. tbh i have managed to blag 4 PCN cancellations so far in London by making up crap like that and asking for a gesture of goodwill from the council, generally if you tickle them in the right way they seem to like to act generous and let you off.

other time i parked in westminster without paying and simply said the Ringo app kept on timing out so i was going to try again on my break as I had to rush to my hospital shift but when i came back there was a PCN on there, they cancelled that one too.

just make up some bollocks and dont ask them to cite legislation and see how lucky you get. i dont believe there is any legislation which suggest motorbikes can park on the pavement under any circumstance however

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:31 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just guessing, you don't know that for a fact. I have added the vehicle being broken down to my appeal. I only told you a few things as I sensed you had some sort of agenda to make fun of it or ridicule it. Maybe you like to bend over and submit to the council and blindly pay all your fines?

Plan B is fighting it the common law way. I can't be arsed to past it all out here, but there is a video on youtube "How to beat the parking tickets and the bailiffs" by YouTube Daniel Bostock.

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
next time say your motorbike had broken down so you moved onto pavement as to not obstruct traffic and cyclists in the road, you later picked up the bike in a van. tbh i have managed to blag 4 PCN cancellations so far in London by making up crap like that and asking for a gesture of goodwill from the council, generally if you tickle them in the right way they seem to like to act generous and let you off.

other time i parked in westminster without paying and simply said the Ringo app kept on timing out so i was going to try again on my break as I had to rush to my hospital shift but when i came back there was a PCN on there, they cancelled that one too.

just make up some bollocks and dont ask them to cite legislation and see how lucky you get. i dont believe there is any legislation which suggest motorbikes can park on the pavement under any circumstance however

Yeah I'll use that next time. At least your input was constructive so thanks for that.

There's other ways to beat it too. Look up "How I Beat Council Parking Tickets and The Bailiffs" on YouTube. He's had about 20 of his PCN cancelled.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:53 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteRetnuH877 wrote:
You're just guessing, you don't know that for a fact. I have added the vehicle being broken down to my appeal. I only told you a few things as I sensed you had some sort of agenda to make fun of it or ridicule it. Maybe you like to bend over and submit to the council and blindly pay all your fines?

Rolling Eyes

The idea is to get enough information from you for appealing against the ticket. You said that you'd already appealed and the council disagreed but now you're saying you're adding that your bike had broken down.

It's impossible for people to give you helpful advice when you don't give the full story.

Have you, or have you not, sent your appeal to the council yet? If all the stuff you've said in this thread has been discussed with the council on the phone then you're going to have a hard job writing your appeal since you're you'll be completely changing your story.

People want to help you but it's very hard to when you give information in drips and drabs.

It's a few years ago but I've got out of parking tickets in London by telling them I was broken down.

HunteRetnuH877 wrote:
Plan B is fighting it the common law way. I can't be arsed to past it all out here, but there is a video on youtube "How to beat the parking tickets and the bailiffs" by YouTube Daniel Bostock.

Oh God no, youtube freementalist of the land shit. Laughing

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you've been registered a day, but you've got to go back to school soon, or OP is a complete salad, I shall watch on awaiting hilarity
00:32:08 Blau Zedong: yes, i am a massive CB400 fan and collector
00:33:00 Blau Zedong: the CB400 is my favourite road bike

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arcane!

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:28 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pits wrote:
When you've been registered a day, but you've got to go back to school soon, or OP is a complete salad, I shall watch on awaiting hilarity

Who's going to do your packed lunch for you though if you are busy watching on here?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:33 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you come round here and talk to me man to man?

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:49 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Why don't you come round here and talk to me man to man?

Will you be wearing that hat?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:06 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naked and wearing a hat. Wub

Be a man. I'll meet you anywhere, come on, where do you want to meet?

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:08 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Naked and wearing a hat. Wub

Be a man. I'll meet you anywhere, come on, where do you want to meet?

Wow, are you feeling ok? it's went from having a discussion to you wanting to meet over what exactly?

If it's important to you, I'll meet you. For kisses if you like.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:11 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatcha wearing?

HunteR877
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:12 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Whatcha wearing?

Just a sock. You?

pits
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteR877 wrote:
pits wrote:

Who's going to do your packed lunch for you though if you are busy watching on here?

What day is it? Tuesday, yeah that'll be your mum, tell her to stop putting cucumber in my sandwich, as I don't like it and I also know where it's been, don't need her grool on the tuna mayo.
00:32:08 Blau Zedong: yes, i am a massive CB400 fan and collector
00:33:00 Blau Zedong: the CB400 is my favourite road bike

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
Hi Arcane!

Surely the bike would have to have been parked on the pavement in pieces for this to be Arcane? Very Happy

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering what a PCN is

anyway I reckon some jobsworth fucked you over cos her could

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:03 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jesus, another fuckwit who believes 1)everything they see on youtube and 2) only what they want to believe.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteR877 wrote:
I will ultimately go down the common law route

If this was a real thing that worked, you wouldn't need to ask questions on a bike forum, you'd just do it.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

peejayess
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:30 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunteR877 wrote:
The bike was not causing an obstruction due to the width of the path, which was not parked kerb-side. I asked them to show me the law/rule that states motorcycles cannot park on the path.

You can’t approach these things arguing the law is wrong - it is what it is and if you think it should be changed you have to convince Parliament, not argue with a council desk jockey.

As you’ve already shot your load with the council it’s too late to fight them on their own terms, but for future reference:
This is nothing to do with the Highway Code, it is everything to do with council employees wanting a peaceful life. Parking wardens are not employed to enforce the Highway Code, they’re employed to enforce local parking restrictions, and for “enforcement” read “write parking tickets”. If you want to argue with a parking ticket appeal straight away, in writing, and when they ignore you keep asking for your appeal to be answered. In this case you just needed to point out that you weren’t parked on the road so the ticket was invalid. Whether you’re right or they are, it now comes down to who can be bothered to go on longest.

Unless you come up against a council employee with unnatural staying power you should be able to wear them down so they cancel the ticket to make you go away.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:45 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

peejayess wrote:
In this case you just needed to point out that you weren’t parked on the road so the ticket was invalid. Whether you’re right or they are, it now comes down to who can be bothered to go on longest.

How do you figure that pavements aren't covered by parking restrictions that apply to the road?

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

peejayess wrote:
. None of this has anything to do with “common law”, which has no force whatsoever, it does not exist.
I think murder is a common law crime.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:19 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerous people have tried the freeman of the land defence in court but none of them have been successful. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3