Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki GSX 150 Bandit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Suzuki GSX 150 Bandit Reply with quote

Suzuki GSX 150 Bandit
This looks better than GSX-S150/125 imo.
same Engine/Main frame with GSX-S150
flat sub frame
double seat
Sold in Indonesia in 2018 Sep.
Price not yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhveZaYf1Nk

----------------------------------------
GSX 150 Bandit
https://i.imgur.com/sUgvlTs.jpg

GSX-S150
https://i.imgur.com/rcnL43N.jpg

-----------------------------------------
((GSX-R150 Specifications))
Max Power 14.1kw/10,500rpm (18.9HP)
Max Torque 14.0Nm/9,000rpm
Engine Type 4-sroke, DOHC, 4-valve
Bore X Stroke 62.0mm x 48.8mm
Engine Displacement 147.3
Compression Ratio 11.5:1
Fuel System Fi
Cooling System Water Cooled
Starting Electric
Transmission Type 6-speed return

Last edited by kawashima on 15:32 - 26 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will never sell in the EU because of 125 learner laws and 15HP restriction. Minimal difference over 125's (15HP vs19HP).

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Will never sell in the EU because of 125 learner laws and 15HP restriction. Minimal difference over 125's (15HP vs19HP).

Agree. GSX-S125 and GSX-R125 (15HP) versions are now sold in UK (Japan: R125 only). I wondered if they sell 125 version of this bandit too. Because this looks better than S125.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

26.7% increase is hardly what you'd call minimal.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

It's irrelevant - It's not legal on L's, and no-one with a full license is going to touch it. Being honest, I'm not sure you would feel the difference short of a back-to-back comparison. If they *had* to have a 'Gixxer' and a small motor, you're looking at the 250 with about 25BHP. Chances are most will end up with a Ninja 300 or R3.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

It's irrelevant

Why fucking mention it then.

Anyway, the lower an engine's power output is, the more relevant any percentage of increase is to the top speed.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

First it's a right desperate stretch by Suzuki using the Bandit name. They should be knocking together some trendy Alien Kawasaki H2 rivals, than barely trying to re-style existing built down to a tiny budget bikes like this.

As the the 150cc, wouldn't that be much more useful and better for the 17-19yr old A1 class, or even allow some young riders to sit out the licencing system on a tiddler and skip wasting money until DAS eligible.

18.9bhp isn't bad for a 4stroke 150cc really either. It in the sporty faired 125's would mean an easy mid-high 70's mph top end. Im an advocate of A1 passed riders fitting these 180/200 big bore kits to their CBR's and YZFR's etc, as they at a silly cost make a learner machine bearable for two years, if they are reliable enough. If that 150 is making say 15-16bhp at the back wheel, it's only 2-3bhp less than a tuned and big bore kitted Yamaha, but probably far more reliable using a factory designed engine with no questionable aftermarket parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

I agree ThatDippyTwat 150 doesn't sell well in UK and Japan.
For us Licence and Insurance is the difference between 125/150.
In UK Licence + minimum age is the difference between 125/150.

150 is for SE asia market as premium model.
125 is for EU and JP market as entry model.

Only enthusiastic people buy 150 via parallel import here.
Most people go for 250 instead of 150 because they cost same.
150 scoots are exception. They are recently sold genuinely for whom want compact scoots and use motorway.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

Because it's a discussion? Because you won't feel the difference short of a back-to-back comparison?

You're a knowledgeable chap but that means I expect better from you. You know damn well you are going to struggle to feel anything more than a placebo effect from it.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

Because it's a discussion? Because you won't feel the difference short of a back-to-back comparison?

You're a knowledgeable chap but that means I expect better from you. You know damn well you are going to struggle to feel anything more than a placebo effect from it.

Actually, the entire opposite is true. The faster your capability, the more of a power increase you need to make a gain. 60mph requires 8 times the power as 30mph and 120mph requires 8 times the power as 60mph, or 64 times the power as 30mph, for the same simple aerodynamic profile.

TheBikerStig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:03 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first had a 1250 bandit, I still had a few months of my 33bhp restriction left to run. Somehow a 19hp vs 15hp wont be much of an issue. But then again there is always a pedantic cop who would do you for breathing the same air as him if he could.
Some say that he is the sole survivor of Atlantis, and that he refused to speed test a new Hayabusa this morning simply because there was no milk for his Brexit. All we know is hes called TheBikerStig.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Actually, the entire opposite is true. The faster your capability, the more of a power increase you need to make a gain. 60mph requires 8 times the power as 30mph and 120mph requires 8 times the power as 60mph, or 64 times the power as 30mph, for the same simple aerodynamic profile.

I'm well aware of that. Power required to overcome increased air resistance increases in a non-linear manner as you meet more air resistance.

I'm simply saying (for the third fucking time) that this specific 15HP vs 19HP case is not enough to feel outside of a back to back comparison. On the road, in the real world, the difference is minimal.

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:41 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Pete here, as long as the weight and gearing is similar a 19bhp bike would feel quite a lot peppier than a 15bhp bike.

Anyway, I'd commute (and possibly tour) the hell out of one of those, as long as they still do ~95MPG. You could even put a dry bag on the back!

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

I'm well aware of that. Power required to overcome increased air resistance increases in a non-linear manner as you meet more air resistance.

I'm simply saying (for the third fucking time) that this specific 15HP vs 19HP case is not enough to feel outside of a back to back comparison. On the road, in the real world, the difference is minimal.

Tell you what. Head along to your local bike night and try to convince people who spend twelve hundred quid on a full Akky system to gain an extra 5hp on top of the 160 their bike already produces that they can't tell the 3% difference on the road. See what sort of reception you get.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 26 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
...extra 5hp on top of the 160

Again - 19BHP vs 15BHP. Not one hundred and fucking sixty.

You can't feel it short of riding both bikes back to back, and a fuckton of other things will make a bigger difference. If you could I'd actually bother to put a decent pipe on the 125 I use for work.

Now 25 would be an appreciable difference over 15.

Also - fuck most bike nights. Full of lawyers and dentists that roll out the lifestyle, sorry, the bike, that they were sold by the local Harley/Suzuki/Honda/Whatever dealer, once a month and trundle the 7 miles to have a coffee.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:50 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going from a 10bhp GZ125 K2 to the 12bhp K6 model felt massive. More immediately noticeable than 33bhp restricted to a claimed 46 unrestricted.

Assuming a 10bhp bike can manage 62mph and the vehicle retains the same exterior profile and is optimially geared
12bhp means 66mph
15bhp means 71mph
19bhp means 77mph

However at lower speeds where aero drag is small compaired to available power, and noting that power is directly proportional to torque and rpm, acceleration will increase almost linearly with power.
20% more acceleration? Tell me you can't feel that.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:36 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be soft the laws of physics don't apply in this thread....

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

When you strap a data logger to the two and have meaningful data, then you can start with trips like "the laws of physics". I maintain, you cannot feel a 4HP difference. Better tyres, weight reduction, better geometry will make a difference that's noticeable to the average rider.

Now, chuck in 4BHP in the midrange or low end, and it's a different story, it's likely you'll notice the throttle response being a wee bit better, but this is peak power, so you're revving the tits off a tiny single.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

When you strap a data logger to the two and have meaningful data, then you can start with trips like "the laws of physics". I maintain, you cannot feel a 4HP difference. Better tyres, weight reduction, better geometry will make a difference that's noticeable to the average rider.

Now, chuck in 4BHP in the midrange or low end, and it's a different story, it's likely you'll notice the throttle response being a wee bit better, but this is peak power, so you're revving the tits off a tiny single.

Datalogs? Like my 32-channel setup you mean?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

Yes. Exactly like that.

Now go strap it to each of the bikes and show me some meaningful differences.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

Yes. Exactly like that.

Now go strap it to each of the bikes and show me some meaningful differences.

So that you can come up with some other spurious argument? Not likely.

Some of us have already been there and done it. Show us what YOU have done.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I'm also with Pete and talk to the hat etc.

Your living up to the last part of your name and you can't even see it?

4bhp increase on a 100kg bike is a very noticeable power to weight ratio increase. But 4bhp on a 200kg bike is fuck all and though I can't say it doesn't make a difference, you probably wouldn't even notice. Its the same in cars add 15bhp to a 640kg Mini 1000, and it'll be very noticeable compared to adding 15bhp to a 1500kg car.

On a really light 125 like mine, the effect of losing weight is noticeable too and equates to adding power. Im at 19.4bhp r/w at the moment on my KMX, with the new pipe/ignition/carb/cylinder etc I'm hoping for at least another 5bhp. Im expecting to have to raise the gearing a touch as I think the performance will be quite alot different. And I'm not really increasing the capacity much like the bike in the OP.

The effect of more capacity and more torque as well as more power will make this 150 feel very different from the 125 IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

What the hell are you waffling about? How has "what I've done" have anything whatsoever to do with the 4BHP difference between a 125 and a 150? That's what were talking about, unless I've missed a whole other conversation...

If you want a bike related cock-waving contest, shout up, because that's all I can seem to get from your post that actually makes any sense.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Pete. wrote:

What the hell are you waffling about? How has "what I've done" have anything whatsoever to do with the 4BHP difference between a 125 and a 150? That's what were talking about, unless I've missed a whole other conversation...

If you want a bike related cock-waving contest, shout up, because that's all I can seem to get from your post that actually makes any sense.

Professional arguer. Babble on, fool.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 28 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Professional arguer. Babble on, fool.

Yeah, you've still lost me. we were talking about 125 vs 150... unless I hallucinated typing the whole thread...

Tell you what, you go smoke whatever the fuck it is you have been, and I'll carry on thinking that 150 offers fuck all over the 125. M'kay?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2