Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to fill with petrol using app when on a bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 01 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Why didn't you go in and ask them?

The whole point of me using the app is to avoid going in the station and speaking with attendants.

I just pretended I am deaf, filled up and run away...

That reminds me my anti-social anonymous meetings. I never attended one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 01 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread needs Tefsplained.

ian505050
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:36 - 01 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_e wrote:
Bikers aren't, you're supposed to do it while sat in your car.

But my car would be at home several miles away (as i am on my bike)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:29 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you’re using a petrol filling phone app, why do you have to mess about with the pump and hose as well?

Useless app!

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The app isn't designed as a benefit for customers. It's for the garage saving money on employees. Like the self checkouts in supermarkets. Minimising staff costs and pushing up turnover in as short a time as possible.

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

These apps replacing everything are also worth more to companies providing them as data tracking devices that we all sign up to by accepting the small print / T&C. I always wondered how all the "Yobike" and similar cycle hire schemes that are appearing around the world eveywhere are making money out of charging £1 per hire. Turns out the data they collect is the main money maker for them. It tracks your journey through the GPS on the bike and app, which is linked to your identity in your account, which is linked to your debit cards, other apps etc and helps build a bigger picture, when combined with other third party data also collected through Google etc to become a valuable picture of millions of people's spending and personal info sold to marketing companies etc. Uber is similar apparently... the data they're harvesting is a big money maker for them.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:21 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian505050 wrote:
tom_e wrote:
Bikers aren't, you're supposed to do it while sat in your car.

But my car would be at home several miles away (as i am on my bike)

The obvious answer is to take the bike to the station fill it, quick jog back home, pick up the car, drive back to the station pay on the app, drive home then jog back and get back on the bike.

Easy.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamEf wrote:
These apps replacing everything are also worth more to companies providing them as data tracking devices that we all sign up to by accepting the small print / T&C. I always wondered how all the "Yobike" and similar cycle hire schemes that are appearing around the world eveywhere are making money out of charging £1 per hire. Turns out the data they collect is the main money maker for them. It tracks your journey through the GPS on the bike and app, which is linked to your identity in your account, which is linked to your debit cards, other apps etc and helps build a bigger picture, when combined with other third party data also collected through Google etc to become a valuable picture of millions of people's spending and personal info sold to marketing companies etc. Uber is similar apparently... the data they're harvesting is a big money maker for them.

Awww... Stop it you...

Folks are paranoid enough on here without you spelling it out for them all.

Very Happy

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Awww... Stop it you...

Very Happy

You guys should go shopping in the tech area of Shenzhen everything is paid for by app. There was a conference a few weeks ago even the vending machines coffee shops and beggars too app payment.

The internet went down and nobody could buy anything.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of paranoia when fuelling up I saw this sign today and subsequently looked into 'Facewatch.'

https://s25.postimg.cc/x53458fyn/IMG_0456.jpg

(Oh, and 135p/Litre!)

FaceWatch wrote:
You will have full access to our complete database of persons of interest in addition to your own watchlist images. The all-inclusive watchlist is then shared by geography with every Facewatch subscriber.

Reviews - positive and negative

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:52 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamEf wrote:
The app isn't designed as a benefit for customers. It's for the garage saving money on employees. Like the self checkouts in supermarkets. Minimising staff costs and pushing up turnover in as short a time as possible.

To some extent but they still want people to come in and buy stuff.

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not all bad! Also creating some interesting situations where people are comitting crimes and giving someone else their phone / accounts access that gets tracked somewhere else as them providing an alibi for their whereabouts!

MCN wrote:
AdamEf wrote:

Awww... Stop it you...

Very Happy

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: How to fill with petrol using app when on a bike? Reply with quote

Val wrote:

I was using my BPme app to unlock the petrol pump and pay for my fuel.

Then I heard a strong voice: "Oi the guy on pump 4 please don't use mobile phone when on the pump!"

How the actual foc is supposed correctly to use apps to pay for your petrol?

ThWhy can't I use Pay for Fuel on my motorbike?
For safety reasons, you are unable to use Pay for Fuel on your motorbike. Phones can only be used inside a vehicle and inside the store.e question I have is how it is suppsed to use your mobile phone and the said app if they don't allow you to use it on the petrol station??

Seriously how? Laughing

Quote:

Why can't I use Pay for Fuel on my motorbike?
For safety reasons, you are unable to use Pay for Fuel on your motorbike. Phones can only be used inside a vehicle and inside the store.

From the FAQ.....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Phones can only be used inside a vehicle and inside the store.

I think they mean "or."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4574446-3x2-700x467.jpg

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Shell's Fill Up and Go all the time. That way i can keep track of my fill ups on Fuelly. I always used to forget to look at the price/litres, and now i get home and check my email and all the details, other than mileage, are all there. No waiting for it to appear in my online account. And as i always have my phone with me, but not always my wallet, no worries about paying. I think it's great Smile

Only had one time where the disembodied voice told me i shouldn't be using the phone, i just ignored him and carried on to see if he would, or could, stop the pump. He didn't.

The station where i usually go has never given me any hassle for helmets or phone use, and i've used it for years.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:
I use Shell's Fill Up and Go all the time...

... And as i always have my phone with me, but not always my wallet, no worries about paying. I think it's great Smile

I know keeping a wallet on you seems like a strange concept to today's generation raised on tech but have you considered just how much of a PITA it is when the internet crashes at where ever you happen to be and you're stuck without a debit/credit card - at least the dialup is fairly reliable, if not a tad slow?

I went into a restaurant a couple of months ago, waitress brings drinks, apologizes profusely saying we can't order food because the system was down. FFS I could see the bloody kitchen from where I was sat and could have shouted my order to the chef ( who presumably had very little to do as no-one was sending him orders on his tech device). 15 minutes later and the system was back online. Waitress comped the drinks though. Thumbs Up

It's getting to the stage where I appreciate how Bruce Willis felt when confronted with the 3 shells conundrum.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

It's getting to the stage where I appreciate how Bruce Willis felt when confronted with the 3 shells conundrum.

I thought that was Sylvster Stallone?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

It was, in the Demolition Man. What a crap movie Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Polarbear wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

It was, in the Demolition Man. What a crap movie Laughing

Ta for the correction, that's aging grey matter for you! I was thinking Fifth Element for some bizarre reason. Sad

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:
I use Shell's Fill Up and Go all the time. That way i can keep track of my fill ups on Fuelly. I always used to forget to look at the price/litres, and now i get home and check my email and all the details, other than mileage, are all there. No waiting for it to appear in my online account.

This is all very interesting, but what use is it for ordinary customers? I tend to keep a weather eye on prices in places I regular my visit, get fuel, pay by card or cash, and forget about it. I can't think of any reason to eff about with an app on a mobile device.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
sickpup wrote:
Why didn't you go in and ask them?

The whole point of me using the app is to avoid going in the station and speaking with attendants.

Whoosh.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
Phones can only be used inside a vehicle and inside the store.

I think they mean "or."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4574446-3x2-700x467.jpg

Don't be so harsh on that person.

We've all done that. Very Happy

Why do they always put the milk way-the-fuck at the back of the shop?
Idiots!

Rolling Eyes

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Why do they always put the milk way-the-fuck at the back of the shop?

To make you walk past the desirable luxuries to get to the essentials. Basic shop layout, all shops do this to a degree, chain stores are planned to a level that would shock a lot of people. Well paid people on the payroll whose sole job it is to lay things out to make you part with the most beer tokens.

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
I know keeping a wallet on you seems like a strange concept to today's generation raised on tech

I'm 53, you know! Very Happy

Quote:
but have you considered just how much of a PITA it is when the internet crashes at where ever you happen to be and you're stuck without a debit/credit card

Well, i'd be as stuck as i would be if i didn't have my wallet on me anyway..? Confused Laughing Not quite sure what your point is there. Anyway, in all the time i've used it (usually having my wallet with me too) only once have i had to go in and actually pay by card.

I'll be even happier when the day comes when i can just pull in, fill up, and leave without even having to touch the phone at all.
Thumbs UpWink

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don;t use any payment apps personally, I use various stations so for me there is no point. I just stick to my trusty credit card (or cash if required)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3