Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SOLD -1988 Honda Bros 400 - Slightly ratty but very reliable

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 02 Sep 2018    Post subject: SOLD -1988 Honda Bros 400 - Slightly ratty but very reliable Reply with quote

Hi BCF,

I'm very sad to say that I'm putting my long time steed up for sale. I've had her since 2010, just before I passed my test and it has been ridden by either me or my now wife more or less constantly since then. I'm selling because I changed job in May and have a much longer commute and my family and other commitments mean I just don't have time for riding anymore.

Right...emotional rubbish out the way. The bike is a 1988 Honda Bros 400 and as you can probably tell from the photos is cosmetically a little bit ratty. However it has:
    * Moderately nippy 33bhp engine topping out at around 105mph
    * CBR600 (I think F3...) fork internals - This was done recently with new seals, the gaiters are to protect against stone chips and the like
    * Hagon Rear Shock
    * Pilot Road 4 tyres - somewhere around half worn
    * Possibly Yoshimura stubby stainless exhaust with removable DB killer baffle
    * MOT until December
    * Tax is about £35 a year
    * Insurance is stupidly cheap

Mechanically it is stupidly dependable, despite the choke being non-functional (I have tried and failed to fix this...) since I bought it, I've never failed to start it regardless of the temperature. I've never had any electrical issues with it at all despite the age. It has always been regularly serviced and the valve clearances were done a couple of thousand miles ago with the last oil change.

I'm not completely certain what the mileage is, as that portion of the speedo was broken when I bought it (stuck at 25000km - about 15000 miles) possibly because it had been sat for a decade. However I quickly replaced it and I've done about 20,000km (about 12000 miles) on it since then. So I don't believe the mileage to be particularly high.

I'd like about £700 for it, as it is a good running bike and I have no reason to believe it won't fly through its next MOT. However sensible offers are welcome.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/oq3J36b
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1