Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best motorcycle games

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Best motorcycle games Reply with quote

I haven't played a decent motorcycle game since Tourist Trophy on the PS2.

Last reasonable attempt I played was SBK X on the 360. I tried the Ride 1 PS4 demo, same devs as SBK but very arcadey.

Looking around there appear to be four current gen motorcycle racing games. With car racing sims I like them as realistic and difficult as possible. Anybody know which of these are worth playing on PS4?

Motogp 17
Motogp 18
Ride 2
TT isle of man, ride on the edge

Cheers!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be of any help regarding your list, not a big fan of road racing games.
I do however like the motocross type, Trials Fusion is good for a laugh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:09 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full Throttle

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Tourist Trophy wasn't all that great IMO, particularly compared to car sims of the era which are still good to this day. For comparison I completed gt1 2 and 4 but barely scratched the surface of TT

Off road games I've enjoyed more in the past, but not played any more recent ones, I think off-road bikes lend themselves better to arcade style gaming.

I think decent controls are a main part of the issue, perhaps this exists and I've not seen it, but to be properly realistic body lean and steering should be separated so as weight transfer is controlled seperately from the handlebars (since in a fast corner you lean into the bend but countersteer the opposite direction).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP Bikes, for realistic riding sim. It can get too real though, beyond enjoyable.

GP500, also very realistic and even modern games could learn a thing or two from it.

EA Superbike 2000 and 2001 is the best realistic yet still fun to play motorcycle game I've ever played. The way the motorcycles handle and wobble under the rider, the way the brakes and throttle work, also something the modern games just do wrong.

Tourist Trophy (PS2), the best motorcycle selection of all the games out there. Check the motorcycle list for that game.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 14:45 - 03 Sep 2018; edited 2 times in total

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

The moment I noticed you wrote that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syE5AmXAmMU Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:34 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on one at the weekend. It's called the A93 from Blairgowrie to Braemar followed by the North Deeside road.

I was hearing sonic the hedgehog "ring" noises as I was passing cars.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

GP500, also very realistic and even modern games could learn a thing or two from it.

This, there are mods available to improve the look and include more modern bikesets.

I have a copy in a box in the garage, you could probably get a copy from ebay for about 50p

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:37 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driveclub Bikes was really good. I got it as an add-on, but I think it's a standalone add-on. Definitely worth checking out.
Added bonus: Driveclub was really good too.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.retrogamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/3d-deathchase-616x461.png

ಠ_ಠ

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
https://www.retrogamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/3d-deathchase-616x461.png

that was a good game back in the day, I also played Wheelie a lot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought ride 2 as it had the most bikes and it was £15.

It's ok, i'd give it a 6.5/10. Loads of bikes old and new from all of the main manufacturers. Includes stuff I like such as mk1 blades, mk1 R1, RG500, TL1000R, RS125/250, tuono, supermoto etc as well as loads of modern stuff. Mods are branded, so can fit arrow/akra/scorpion cans, quickshifter, PC5, braided lines, new discs, air filters, tyres etc etc. Lots of lids/gloves/leather other gear to choose from.

Tracks are a mix of real tracks and pretend road tracks like in GT, real tracks are much better. Graphics are reasonable, sound is poor.

Handling is somewhat arcadey even on pro mode. The tyres just have too much grip and don't slide enough, WOT on full lean should cause a street triple to high side but it doesn't. The litre bikes do but anything with less than about 120 bhp you can take the piss with the throttle without consequence. I assume they've done this because in a car game tyre slide means drift whereas crashing on every corner would get old v quick and most players cba to learn it. Nonetheless, it detracts from it. Braking is a little better in that hammering on the anchors mid turn will cause you to crash regardless of bike. Front does come up in 1st/second by accident on the more powerful bikes, H2R and 1299 panigale are difficult as a result.

Replays look shit as the bikes move in a very jerky twitchy fashion as if they have no mass, should be some damping between the controller input and the bike reaction. Landing a wheelie usually makes the rear pop up, then the front rebounds back into a second wheelie which looks daft. The tyres don't compress at all, so the bikes skate on an infinitesimally small tangent of tyre. I don't notice these things in first person, and on the occasions I've played in 3rd person it isn't hugely obvious, just obvious on replays or if you stop to take a photo.

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

super hang-on anyone?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:
super hang-on anyone?

Now that is a classic, that is still entertaining. I just recently got Shenmue I/II remastered and there I went to the ''You Arcade'' and played a lot of Hang On, wasted all of my allowence there. Embarassed

Have you ever played Bari Bari Densetsu (PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16) Motorcycle racing sim from 1989, by Taito.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1