Zongshen RX3, Honely RX3 CSC RX3

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 15 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Surprised at your reaction, Teff, as you seem to embrace with open arms that which is unreliable, under powered, under braked and replete with the dodgiest of electrics.
Chinese stuff is what it is, generally motorcycle shaped and does what a motorcycle generally does. They are built to a price and bought by the totally inexperienced, usually impecunious yoof who proceed to ride them well beyond their, admittedly, poor performance envelope.
But!!! Given a level of maintenance and strategic replacement of certain parts, they do a very adequate job. My bread and butter is keeping said yoof mobile enough to get to their zero hours, minimum wage jobs.
Parts are, to a large extent, interchangeable or adaptable. E Bay has had everything I have ever needed to keep these things road worthy at laughably low prices. Minimum tools needed, you can have one in its component pieces within an hour or so. Sniff all you like, these are no worse than the Bantams, James, Franny Barnets of my yoof, probably far more reliable than the Tiger Cubs, C15's too. Just because you are living in a comfortable middle / late age, don't disparage those living hand to mouth whose only form of transport is a Chinky 125.

Yeah! wot he said!

I've probably worked on more chinese bikes and scoots
over the last few years than jap ones.
They are what they are, cheap transport for the most part
and this has enabled my lads, like many, to get to work etc in an affordable and reliable way.
No one is saying they're the best, but I haven't yet had one I couldn't fix or maintain
nzbrakelathes This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
nzbrakelathes This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:35 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who on their right mind would waste time sticking a big bore kit on q shite chinky bike when they could just buy an r3 instead?

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 02:32 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads of people and MX/Enduro bikes like the AJP PR5 as well.
I have yet to sell the kit to anyone with a GasGas yet - few n far between
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:03 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
I had 3 and my current bike is decent, I live in China and I repair upgrade stuff and sell as well (Hope that's Ok).

Hello, and welcome.

As you live in China, and presumably buy and ride Chinese motorcycles I am interested in your opinions.

Chinese motorcycles in this country have something of a reputation of being badly put together, and too many shortcuts being made to keep costs down for the sake of it, when a better bike could have been made for not much more money. Would you agree with this statement, or do you have a different opinion?

Is it the case that in China a new motorcycle that is say 175CNY (£20 GBP) cheaper than another one, will easily outsell the slightly more expensive one?

In China, are workshops and mechanics and spare parts for motorcycles in very plentiful supply? How affordable are these services?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 03:22 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most mechanics are butchers, parts if the really boring are plenty but nice bikes you have to hunt or know what it is compatible too.
No dealer ship or nearly no dealer has any workshop or parts department - some might sell parts but they don't like to as it doesn't make much money and is troublesome.

The industry is messy but there are riders with bigger bikes and non Chinese bikes here as they also don't like the Chinese quality, it is a funny world.

and YES a few cents more at the factory they wont do it resulting in a lower cost unit

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:44 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm gonna mark this as spam.
Why?
We all know 90% of Chinese bikes that make it to UK are fitted with 156FMI or 157FMI engines, then bits added to meet euro regs.
But you don't.

If you don't know this & don't know what engines are fitted to the sinnis terrain & the umpteen other names it's labelled as here, what good are you to us?
You don't even know what basic engine parts, like the 150cc cylinders are interchangeable.
So EXACTLY can you do for us/me?

EDIT I know the post is titled rx2, rx3 etc but there IS a 125cc version available here, RX1?

There's probably more money to be made from
"upgrading" these bikes.

Cheers,
GAZ

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Chinese motorcycles in this country have something of a reputation of being badly put together, and too many shortcuts being made to keep costs down for the sake of it, when a better bike could have been made for not much more money. Would you agree with this statement, or do you have a different opinion?

... to some degree now, that is largely an out dated pov. My Mash (Shineray) XY400, and CF650TR are now both 3 1/2 years old, no discernible signs of corrosion, used in all weathers, the CF was used on a 300 mile trek the weekend just gone, as I played santa. Only things that have needed work.. CF, a new clutch cable, this year, the Mash, a new battery quite early on, oh, and a new tank, after I wrecked the other dropping a lump of masonry on it! Nearly 20K on the Mash now, only about 10K on the CF.

Even looking on ebay, you can now regularly find chinese bikes up to 10 years old, still in good condition, even, if they are mostly 125's, and, as such stand a chance of having been somewhat abused by learners..

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:46 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz this is for you:

Let me turn the table - The RX1 here is 150 water cooled and 200 air cooled so why do you not know that? What good is it saying something like 125cc in the UK if in China it doesn't have and nearly no bikes has a 125cc? (CG125? CB125? is it a variant from the newer version 150 that Zongshen make?)
You are thinking all this info is common? every bike is the same?
I cannot get manual for most bikes - in fact the UK market has parts manuals for Chinese bikes where Chinese factory dealer do not have any manuals.
You made the mistake of thinking every 125 was the same or that the RX1 in the UK has the CB135 motor without knowing what that bike is originally sold with.
I asked you several time via Email what motor is in the bike and sorry 125cc isn't clear enough as that is only to air cavity from bottom to top of the stroke and nothing around that.

This thread was aimed at the RX3 Honely which isn't 100% as the RX3 here in China or the USA or other places but I am pretty knowledgeable on what the differences might be and to clearly check ask or request a photo of the parts needed so as to compare.

Please do not moan at me when you want info I don't have and your knowledge and info is as little or less then mine.

Thanks

PS all the orders I sent to the Honley importer were correct and yes I had to get photos and details from their bikes to be sure I had the right version.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 27 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
Gaz this is for you:

Let me turn the table - The RX1 here is 150 .

Ahh, but the RX1 over here is indeed 125 powered, and , marketed as the Sinnis Terrain.

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/wp-content/plugins/sinnis-products/images/swatches/terrain-silver-side_04-04-2018_11_05_17-09-2018_14_58.jpg

Whatever happened to Zongshen marketing their own Cyclone brand, instead of providing bikes to be re-badged?

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 28 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
Gaz this is for you:

Let me turn the table - The RX1 here is 150 water cooled and 200 air cooled so why do you not know that? What good is it saying something like 125cc in the UK if in China it doesn't have and nearly no bikes has a 125cc? (CG125? CB125? is it a variant from the newer version 150 that Zongshen make?)
You are thinking all this info is common? every bike is the same?
I cannot get manual for most bikes - in fact the UK market has parts manuals for Chinese bikes where Chinese factory dealer do not have any manuals.
You made the mistake of thinking every 125 was the same or that the RX1 in the UK has the CB135 motor without knowing what that bike is originally sold with.
I asked you several time via Email what motor is in the bike and sorry 125cc isn't clear enough as that is only to air cavity from bottom to top of the stroke and nothing around that.

This thread was aimed at the RX3 Honely which isn't 100% as the RX3 here in China or the USA or other places but I am pretty knowledgeable on what the differences might be and to clearly check ask or request a photo of the parts needed so as to compare.

Please do not moan at me when you want info I don't have and your knowledge and info is as little or less then mine.

Thanks

PS all the orders I sent to the Honley importer were correct and yes I had to get photos and details from their bikes to be sure I had the right version.

Hi,
WHY would I want to know if those particular bikes are water or air cooled?
I currently have no interest in those bikes.

I'm asking about the sinnis terrain, (even though its badged as a couple of different makes, its the SAME bike)
the very same bike linuxyeti has taken the time & effort to post a pic for you to see.

That'sthe bike being sold in UK.
That's the bike I'm asking about.
That's the bike your likely to make more money from selling upgrades like bbk's, performance exhausts & other such tat.
Can't you find out info about these bikes in there country of origin?
If you can't, what CAN you do?

Your the one who came on here touting for business. (Well that's the Impression I got, my apologies if I have misunderstood)

Isn't that what we call spam?

Cheers,
GAZ
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2