Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SV650 Ignition fuse blew - can't find cause

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

loply
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: SV650 Ignition fuse blew - can't find cause Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The 'IGNITION' 10a fuse on my SV650 injection race bike blew during a race, during dry conditions after several days of racing/practice with no issues.

I've just had the whole bike apart and checked the loom everywhere really carefully, even took the generator cover off and checked inside there, can't see any wiring damage whatsoever.

The bike runs fine as soon as I replaced the fuse but I'm thinking there must have been a cause and don't want it to happen again - as it's inconvenient and possibly dangerous.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it possible for a fuse to blow totally randomly, or is there always a cause?

As far as I can see that fuse only protects the injectors, the PAIRS solenoid (which I've removed anyway) and the fuel pump relay, so I'm a bit baffled.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Rich

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's possible. It's actually quite a common thing on the Gen1 'busa for no apparent reason, usually replaced with a 15a fuse.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention during a race?
I'm wondering if it's simply down to extra vibration and mechanical failure of a fuse. Is that possible??
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1