View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well. Good luck!

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carb clocks do work on FI bikes - I had to do this on my '11 plate (FI) with carb clocks. The tacho (revs) worked fine, as did the idiot lights, bar FI/management which is not present on the older clocks. Turns out it had a dodgy speedo (mechanical, not electrical), so I got a refund and fitted Chinese clocks for the carb model. These also worked fine, and are still doing so at the local training school that I sold it to.

Given you have issues with the flashers, I strongly suspect your wiring is loose/not connected. Check your connections again before you go out buying more stuff. If he's strained the wires either in the crash or by moving things around, the crimp that holds the connector onto the wire may be loose on one or more wires.

WhiteWitch
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:09 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Carb clocks do work on FI bikes - I had to do this on my '11 plate (FI) with carb clocks. The tacho (revs) worked fine, as did the idiot lights, bar FI/management which is not present on the older clocks. Turns out it had a dodgy speedo (mechanical, not electrical), so I got a refund and fitted Chinese clocks for the carb model. These also worked fine, and are still doing so at the local training school that I sold it to.

Given you have issues with the flashers, I strongly suspect your wiring is loose/not connected. Check your connections again before you go out buying more stuff. If he's strained the wires either in the crash or by moving things around, the crimp that holds the connector onto the wire may be loose on one or more wires.

Thanks Dippy.

I have taken the clocks off and reconnected everything.. still exactly the same and revs still not working.

I risked the carb model cheapy chinese clocks because a previousl post you wrote said you had fitted them and they worked.

We need to check the bulb in the front, as someone suggested that sometimes one bulb out can affect others?? no idea if it is true.

I am no electrician or auto electrician, but I am pretty handy and learn things quickly. I will keep having aplay as I am pretty stubborn so determined to crack this.

A we are up against the clocks I may well end up putting it into garage, but it will annoy me to admit defeat lol

WhiteWitch
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:00 - 15 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the indicator issue is a blown bulb. I tried the working one in the other side and it was working erfectly.... Will see if they sell them in Halfords, or order online.

Just need to get the revometer working now... Any ideas? Will it be a wiring issue?

My husband is on the case now and he is a bit braver than me with electrics lol.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 15 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing is the tachometer (revometer) won't stop it being ridden at least.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 15 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteWitch wrote:
OK, so the indicator issue is a blown bulb. I tried the working one in the other side and it was working erfectly.... Will see if they sell them in Halfords, or order online.

Just need to get the revometer working now... Any ideas? Will it be a wiring issue?

My husband is on the case now and he is a bit braver than me with electrics lol.

Probably a ground is loose - you may need to check inside connectors etc, a crash may have pulled a wire loose.

As said, it won't stop it being ridden, so you can look at it less urgently.

Halfords will sell the bulb, online will be cheaper. Depends how quick you need it.

WhiteWitch
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:30 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the supportive words and snippets of info and advice.

We have fixed it Very Happy

The only thing not working is the revometer, but not a big issue. It is riding great.

We are going to change the brake pads next as they feel pretty worn, but he is back up and running. e can get back out on it as of today Shocked He will be pleased.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2