Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

the state of Labour party

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:02 - 20 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm not convinced it's main support is.

What main support would that be? Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:10 - 20 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I'm not convinced it's main support is.

What main support would that be? Razz

ok, what little support................

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 20 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Never mind David M, they've brought back Derek Hatton...

Oh no they haven't.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 20 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

She hasn't got a clue about the mood of 'the people' has she... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-47312336/pm-has-a-problem-with-immigration-soubry The Tories are better off, she sounds like another Abbott.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was the Enfield North MP (Joan Ryan), apparently she had already lost a no confidence vote...

Former minister Joan Ryan, MP for Enfield North, blamed the 94-92 vote defeat on "Trots, Stalinists, Communists and assorted hard-left".

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Diggs is a raving Lib Dem isn’t he?
He seems very pro immigrant and won’t have a word said against Islam.

Ok, I'll bite.

I'm not a 'raving' Lib Dem. I did vote Lib Dem once because I couldn't bring myself to vote for the other two.

Am I pro-immigrant? I am where we have a shortage of labour. I'm not where we don't. I do believe in freedom of movement throughout the EU however provided people are coming here to work. Likewise I'd like my kids to have the chance of working in a different country if they want to.

I don't have a problem with people criticising any religion as long as they don't do it with the intention of inciting hate. I think idiots in mosques who preach hate should be locked up, just like idiots who preach hate against ordinary Muslims, Jews, Catholics etc.

The trouble is, we are becoming a nation of keyboard warriors who are more than happy to slag off other groups without having the balls to do it face to face, in the hope that others will be brainwashed into doing their dirty work. This goes for people at both ends of the political spectrum and those inciting violence in the misguided name of God, Allah, Jehova or whoever.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more Tories might quit as the associations are very Eurosceptic and always have been. Some will kick you out for being a remainer, some will even kick you out for being pro-Norway or pro-May's deal! Labour MPs have the opposite problem. Left wing fascists (and they are unfortunately true fascists) will boot you for not bowing down to the leader, being pro-Jew, or not having the same or more extreme opinion as them on all the virtuous policies. Labour MPs can also expect regular death and rape threats, its part of the feminist cause.

Diggs wrote:

Ok, I'll bite.

I'm not a 'raving' Lib Dem. I did vote Lib Dem once because I couldn't bring myself to vote for the other two.

Am I pro-immigrant? I am where we have a shortage of labour. I'm not where we don't. I do believe in freedom of movement throughout the EU however provided people are coming here to work. Likewise I'd like my kids to have the chance of working in a different country if they want to.

I don't have a problem with people criticising any religion as long as they don't do it with the intention of inciting hate. I think idiots in mosques who preach hate should be locked up, just like idiots who preach hate against ordinary Muslims, Jews, Catholics etc.

The trouble is, we are becoming a nation of keyboard warriors who are more than happy to slag off other groups without having the balls to do it face to face, in the hope that others will be brainwashed into doing their dirty work. This goes for people at both ends of the political spectrum and those inciting violence in the misguided name of God, Allah, Jehova or whoever.

It's illegal to do it face to face though. Are you in favour of legalising it? Wink

Also you voted to triple tuition fees. Shame on you, momentum will want you to swinging from a lamp post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Who will you be voting for at the next election? You described yourself as a Liberal on here.

As it stands the simple answer is that I don't know. There isn't an effective party out there that represents my leftie-liberal snowflake virtue-signalling views anymore.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:35 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
There isn't an effective party out there that represents my leftie-liberal snowflake views anymore.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Johnnythefox wrote:
Never mind David M, they've brought back Derek Hatton...

Oh no they haven't.

Quote:
It came after it emerged Mr Hatton sent a tweet in 2012, which now appears to have been deleted, claiming "Jewish people with any sense of humanity need to start speaking out publicly against the ruthless murdering being carried out by Israel".

I think he had a point but anyway, someone had to trawl back to 2012 to find that damning quote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Where is that then? Farmers ripping off migrant workers? Factory owners claiming they can't find British staff in areas of high unemployment, rather than speaking the truth which is they'd rather employ skilled/ready to go workers they don't have to train up.

Diggs wrote:
I don't have a problem with people criticising any religion

I think religious people do Confused

Diggs wrote:

I dunno TR/YL seems to like a punch up. My problem is the opposite, all this shite should stay on social media or whatever, and I'm talking about far right and far left rhetoric.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:20 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

Who will you be voting for at the next election? You described yourself as a Liberal on here.

As it stands the simple answer is that I don't know. There isn't an effective party out there that represents my leftie-liberal snowflake virtue-signalling views anymore.

If you have had sex with another man then you can join the Greens. Otherwise you are a sexual abuse and can't join.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

If you have had sex with another man then you can join the Greens. Otherwise you are a sexual abuse and can't join.

Not sure homosexuality is a requirement for the Greens. The thought of bum-crack of either gender after six months in a tent or up a tree really doesn't do it for me, daaaarling....

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flouncer party? noooooo

Either:
Snowflake Party
Brexitexit Party

I'm buying the domains to sell to them later Thumbs Up

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 21 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Not sure homosexuality is a requirement for the Greens. The thought of bum-crack of either gender after six months in a tent or up a tree really doesn't do it for me, daaaarling....

Obvious Green.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:24 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

9th Labour MP quits party - The Dudley North MP Ian Austin has said he is quitting the Labour party, telling the Express & Star newspaper he has no plans to join the Independent Group.

Austin told the Express and Star he left Labour because of his constituents, saying: “I always tell them the truth and I could never ask local people to make Jeremy Corbyn prime minister.

“I am appalled at the offence and distress Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party have caused to Jewish people. It is terrible that a culture of extremism, antisemitism and intolerance is driving out good MPs and decent people who have committed their life to mainstream politics

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/22/labour-mp-ian-austin-quits-the-party

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Guardian link.
Makes a change from the Daily Mail.
Surprised Flouncer has not joined the Flounce Group though Confused

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Not sure homosexuality is a requirement for the Greens.

Once it was said that a notice inside the National Liberal Club read: "Please adjust your dress before leaving".

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 22 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Diggs wrote:
Not sure homosexuality is a requirement for the Greens.

Once it was said that a notice inside the National Liberal Club read: "Please adjust your dress before leaving".

That was probably a tongue in cheek reference to Jeremy Thorpe...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11