Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This is how Skynet starts.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: This is how Skynet starts. Reply with quote

There I was, minding my own business in Milton Keynes, and heard something trundling behind me...

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/img_1423__2_.jpg

https://www.starship.xyz/

A mate's just told me they had dinner delivered by one tonight.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:00 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's stopping you from just liberating a pizza as it trundles past?

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of those in London, sadly didn't get a photo...

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So, what's stopping you from just liberating a pizza as it trundles past?

From the website :-

Quote:
Starship’s robots move at pedestrian speed and weigh no more than 50 pounds, unloaded. They’re inherently safe and can navigate around objects and people. Consequently, they cause no inconvenience.

For security, the cargo bay is locked throughout the journey and can be opened only by the recipient. The location of the robots is being tracked, so you know exactly the location of your order and the time of arrival.

So, if you can lift 50lbs and have room in the boot of your car, there's probably a lot of cool components you could use. If they launched that where I lived, it would be found empty and torched in the woods within half an hour.

Or...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/dc29b301043dc579d58d6aacd827c5d8/tenor.gif
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So odd I'll bet but to add, the more I read into AI, the more an existential crisis grips me Very Happy

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:23 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS and RF Jammer from eBay. Cool

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:57 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pizza is going to take fucking ages if it has to travel to you at walking pace.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:29 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else thinking 'robot-wars'? Two of these trying to deliver to the same address on a path wide enough for one could be very funny!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:40 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my dog saw it, it would be on its back with its wheels spinning uselessly in the air. Just like the majority of dogs
she meets end up on their backs with their legs in the air. Laughing I know this because there was a man (Thinking) playing in the
woods with an off roader remote control car the other day and she had it. Fortunately causing no damage to it, but seeing
this small seemingly autonomous vehicle gave her the right hump. She also woofed at the owner who came to retrieve it.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anywhere in the country inhabited by chavs or neds or scallys , that thing won’t last 5 minutes Laughing

Personally I’d put things in it’s way just for giggles Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.. if I lived in M.K and wanted takeaway food when I got home, I'd order one to be delivered, and then sit on it and get a lift home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it strong enough to carry a person? I'd just sit on it and get a lift down the road.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This type of shit genuinely scares me. Skynet is real, It's called Alexa, Google and what ever else you have plugged in, Bit like that Hive one that went about a few years ago. Even had a catchy song "With hive you can burn your house down from your phone!"

It's all getting a little too reliant on these machines. They all but do everything for us these days and there is not one movie where this shit works out OK for the humans, We could list them off, iRobot, Matrix, Terminator, there is a shit load of them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day will come where they become self aware, develop exponentially and see us as a threat.
You could always pull the plug out though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet all the van drivers out there feeding their family with their delivery job are absolutely carking it actually.
And if they aren't, they should be.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

☑ - Tech bros
☑ - Cool New Thing
☐ - Can pay with bitcoin

Didn't get the hat trick Crying or Very sad

And for that reason

https://autoshite.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-3942-0-59188400-1478201567.jpg

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again it's Millenials and those in their early 30's that really lapp up this automated do everything from an electronic device types. Its Google maps and sat nav to drive from one suburb to the next 2miles away etc.
But without Google, Hive, Alexa etc etc they are really fucked up and can't come up with a plan or answer to any problem or issue.

I've also learned that as people live in an ever more always on connected world they are totally screwed up and also very angry with no WiFi, 4G and Mains power. That's the trouble with these things, everything falls over the minute their broadband or electric supply fails.

Does anyone remember a time when we'd all switch off our home routers before going to bed or unplug everything before we went away on holiday?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Again it's Millenials and those in their early 30's that really lapp up this automated do everything from an electronic device types. Its Google maps and sat nav to drive from one suburb to the next 2miles away etc.
But without Google, Hive, Alexa etc etc they are really fucked up and can't come up with a plan or answer to any problem or issue.

I've also learned that as people live in an ever more always on connected world they are totally screwed up and also very angry with no WiFi, 4G and Mains power. That's the trouble with these things, everything falls over the minute their broadband or electric supply fails.

Does anyone remember a time when we'd all switch off our home routers before going to bed or unplug everything before we went away on holiday?

My Gran used to unplug the aerial from the TV each night incase it got hit by lightening.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

This sounds like some daily mail bollocks to me.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

This sounds like some daily mail bollocks to me.

I don't believe it is bollocks though. My son (a computer games graphics programmer) and his family do not function without electronic devices. Phones, tablets, smart TV's etc. Walk down the street and see how many people are on their phone, the only demographic that (generally) aren't plugged are the older set.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Again it's Millenials and those in their early 30's

Yeh not so clear cut as that but still there is truth in what you say. You need to imagine it from their perspective as they have no way of comprehending it from yours, like literally none.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Does anyone remember a time when we'd .... unplug everything?

Laughing Thumbs Up

To quote a Harry a Hill joke,
Quote:
But not the fridge. You trust the fridge.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:
Does anyone remember a time when we'd .... unplug everything?

Laughing Thumbs Up

To quote a Harry a Hill joke,
Quote:
But not the fridge. You trust the fridge.

The only 2 things left switched on on my boat when I leave it - the fridge and the bilge pump Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to turn all plug sockets off so the electricity doesn't poor out.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:45 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wench would unplug the vacuum cleaner and press the retract cable button quickly to catch the electricity in the cable....that makes the button work.

Didn't tell her otherwise for years. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2