Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1987 suzuki ts50x

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

nimiz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:06 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: 1987 suzuki ts50x Reply with quote

hello all
need some help with my 1987 suzuki ts50x
i just build the bike and engine and all is new.
i put 70cc big bore kit and Dellorto phbg 21 carburator.
do any of you know what are the jetting for the 70 kit for this carb?
what main jet , needle atc..
it is not working ok , to rich even if i will take out the air filter.
also i like to know what is the best air filter to use with this carb.
thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anyone on here knows the answer to exactly what set up and jetting you need to run a 70cc big bore and Dellorto non std carb to make it run well. I am surprised you think it's reasonable to expect a useful answer too!

My suggestion is to look up an 80cc bike that uses that carb, and copy it's settings to your carb as a starting point. No good looking at Japanese bikes either for a Dellorto carb. I'd look at Aprilia/Cagiva/Derbi etc.

Then once it's running ok enough to gently ride the thing, transport the bike in a van to a dyno to get it properly set up.

The older I get and the more I learn about two strokes the more I realise that trying to set up and tune them at home with a box of spark plugs is a futile and far from satisfactory solution. If you've spent good money on the bike and are doing it right to get the best result and reliability, then you'll take it to a good two stroke dyno tuner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about where the big bore kit and carb came from? Did they not come with instructions? If instructions were included but in a foreign language you need to get them translated (I did this once at my local Chinese takeaway!).

I'm wondering where you got the idea to fit the big bore kit? Did it come from another forum which showed the way?

Although I've done conversions like this before, I took my leading information from where I first saw the idea.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1