The French President.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You heard wrong... I've shown the link already. Do you not remember Cameron going cap in hand to the EU to try to get the rules changed, only to be told to feck off?

EU citizens have exactly the same access to UK child and tax credit benefits as our own feckless do. This also applies for housing benefit.

Here it is again...

Quote:
At the moment it's possible for some types of working households in the UK to get over £10,000 in these benefits, and that includes newly-arrived families from the European Economic Area (EEA).

This can't be changed without agreement at EU level to change European law.

Some workers could get £10,000 or more

At the moment workers from the EEA have the same access to benefits as UK citizens

https://fullfact.org/economy/can-working-immigrants-claim-over-10000-benefits/

I doubt the government even measure the level of benefits going to EEA citizens, but even if they did, they aren't going to make the information public as they won't even admit to the true numbers living here.

Ah, yes, on checking, it's a fucking mystery and nobody wants to know the true level of benefits paid to EU citizens.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/benefitspaidtoeucitizensintheuk

Quote:
You asked
Please provide details of UK benefits, including tax credits and allowances, paid to EU citizens in the UK. For each benefit,......

We said
Thank you for your request.

Although we have some information relating to claimants of benefits, that information does not include the nationality of the claimant.

Told you ne.

Why don't you ask him to put a figure on the 'some'? Although I know the response.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2