Led Bulbs?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lemon Drop
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:08 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Led Bulbs? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been looking into LED bulbs and/or conversion kits and I have to admit i'm getting confused as hell. I've seen prices for H4 bulbs that vary from less than a fiver to over £60, some suggestion it's a straight swap of the bulb and others talking about kits (I've never done Xenons/HIDs but i seem to recall they need some electrical stuff done).

What am I missing? How different can two H4 LED bulbs be?

It's just for a CB125F if that makes any difference.

Cheers (and hi! It's been like 7 years since I was last on here and I can't get into my old account any more Very Happy)

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headlights, always start with checking the reflector and the lense (glass) are nice and clean. Then that the headlight is adjusted properly.

Now about the bulbs. I only use cheap bulbs and the reason is simple, the 5% guaranteed ''light performance boost'' a 10 times more expensive bulb has is not worth the money. I had expensive bulbs before and the only difference you notice is the much higher colour temperature, that's about it. If you want a brighter bulb, just get a higher wattage on, but be careful not to put a 100W bulb in a plastic headlight with thin wiring.

LED bulbs? They only make sense in the tail light (make sure the lumen output is just as high as a standard bulb would be) and the gauge cluster. A lot of tiny light bulbs add up to quite significant power draw, reducing the amount of power left for the headlight.

EDIT: If you think you can't see well at night, maybe you need glasses.

EDIT II: There you go - https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=325500 Thumbs Up

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 29 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LED bulbs for a H$ headlight. take a close look at the actual LED setup. the smaller led type where the actual leds are positioned where the coils of a std light would be are the only ones to go for as the headlight your using is focused for the main and more importantly the dip elements to be the same size and position that you want the LED type to be..or your wasting light power and also blinding the crap out of other road users!! I'd say only in the last 18 months LED conversion has actually been worth doing for the above reasons!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1