Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 19 Sep 2018    Post subject: Storm Ali Reply with quote

Terrorist Weather?

Any casualties?

My wee trailer was lifted and blown past my car.
Knocked over two trees in pots and scratched the Jallopy's Lower front wing.

But no body deaded.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 19 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we stop doing the American thing of giving storms names.

Although, does make for an interesting conversation

"ffs.... Ali stoved my garden in, this morning"

Thinking

ಠ_ಠ

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:14 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:

Thinking

Coz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/34581210

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:15 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least 1 deaded.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/storm-ali-news-woman-who-died-after-caravan-blown-off-cliff-named-as-elvira-ferraii-a3940481.html?amp

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:16 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make that 2.

Quote:
A man died after being hit by a falling tree as he worked in a country park in County Armagh on Wednesday afternoon

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:21 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My garden gate was killed.
Everyone else is expected to die in heavy rain and flooding later today. The bodies that aren't washed away on the floodwaters are expected to be swept up by more strong winds over the weekend.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
FretGrinder wrote:

Thinking

But unlike the Yanks, being modern British Libtards, we feel the need to give our first storm a Muslim name, to come across as inclusive. How very nice.

Otoh, you could interpret that as choosing a name from the evil enemy, that represent a threat to us Thinking
Or maybe the guy that chose it was a muslim.
Or maybe a computer dished it up.
Or maybe they were thinking of Mohammed Ali, because they thought the storm would deliver a hefty punch.
Or maybe....etc.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Otoh, you could interpret that as choosing a name from the evil enemy, that represent a threat to us Thinking
Or maybe they were thinking of Mohammed Ali, because they thought the storm would deliver a hefty punch.
Or maybe....etc.

Or maybe its a plot by Teresa May to take attention away from the Russian poisoning plot and to put the blame of the 2 death with ISIS, as it was a very complex terrorist attack

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Or maybe....etc.

Or maybe its a plot by Teresa May to take attention away from the Russian poisoning plot and to put the blame of the 2 death with ISIS, as it was a very complex terrorist attack

Nah, I blame Brexit and all the racists that voted for it Rolling Eyes

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

But unlike the Yanks, being modern British Libtards, we feel the need to give our first storm a Muslim name, to come across as inclusive. How very nice.

Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a cartoon moment on the bike yesterday, luckily, a not very large branch blew off a tree and landed in my lap whilst out riding!! Fortunately, I didn't have to stop, just had to pull it off me and throw it to the side !!
Laughing Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Had a cartoon moment on the bike yesterday, luckily, a not very large branch blew off a tree and landed in my lap whilst out riding!! Fortunately, I didn't have to stop, just had to pull it off me and throw it to the side !!
Laughing Laughing

You were lucky. The only reason you survived was because the particular tree it came from wasn't very nasty really. Its bark was worse than its bite...

Rolling Eyes Note to self: must try harder.
I'll leave now Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:
Laughing Laughing

You were lucky. The only reason you survived was because the particular tree it came from wasn't very nasty really. Its bark was worse than its bite...

Rolling Eyes Note to self: must try harder.
I'll leave now Laughing

Laughing Laughing

I like that, perhaps I shouldn't, but I do

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You don't find that odd then....? You don't see it as yet another virtue signalling exercise?

Carry on, nothing to see here, clearly just shear co-incidence.

But hang on a sec...

Quote:
The most popular names put forward by the public are made into a list along with other names suggested by Met Éireann (Ireland's equivalent of the Met Office).

The IRA are back! Well, they always cooperated with Middle East terrorists. Perhaps the Palestinians will name one of their sandstorms Paddy.

Tbh, I think we could do without crackpot political hysteria in every thread.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You don't find that odd then....? You don't see it as yet another virtue signalling exercise?

Carry on, nothing to see here, clearly just shear co-incidence.

Oh, it's sheer coincidence, not a cut down coincidence, no hyphen !! I thought you worked in IT, could you at least get your spell checker working !!

Anyhow, can you provide proof that it's not named after Ali Campbell

Afteral, in the 80's UB40 did storm the charts !! Laughing Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

windy, but not very down here. Went out with the cycle club last night. Headwinds were a struggle. Laughing

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:

Personally, I can't wait until we get to the D's and we get Daniels! Mr. Green

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was correct when they had women's names. Unpredictable, dangerous, spectacular, frightening. All things that apply to a woman when she is in a bad mood. Whistle

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Making the first one of the season a Muslim one, is a first, as is picking a Muslim name. Why do you think that might be?

I dunno, it began with A?
I think it was because they wanted to wind YOU up further, for the entertainment value it provides to everyone else, because a happy population is a quiescent population Very Happy

Thinking

Shocked

Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

What's your point?

My point was:

chickenstrip wrote:
Tbh, I think we could do without crackpot political hysteria in every thread.

Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 191 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2