Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Advice on lexmoto adrenaline 125 big bore

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Advice on lexmoto adrenaline 125 big bore Reply with quote

Hey guys I’ve just brought a lexmoto 125 and it’s abit slow I’m looking to add a big bore kit on it does anybody have any recommendations for what big bore to go for and is it possible to get one? If so can someone send me some links or anything it would be greatfully Appreciated

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:44 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 4t 125, they're not fast

I think most people on here would recommend passing your test and getting a bigger bike

If you're not old enough to do that, wait until you are...

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m 27 I just want a bike that does more than 60 mph so like I said any advice on making it quicker would be greatful I’m doing my cbt in a few weeks

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:58 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just to get my mobile atm I’ll be doing my driving licence in a few months hopefully

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 09:10 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a full-bike-licence?

a) Bore a 125 over 125 it's no longer legal to ride on 'L' plates.
b) If you have licence to ride something bigger than 125... why not just buy one?
c) Why did you buy a lexmoto? Plenty of other 125cc Learner-Legals out there, that are quite a bit faster, and have 50% more power, still in learner-legal/A1 licence limits, that don't breach 125 capacity limit, and dont need any special parts, or spanner twiddling, or arguments with the insurance company for it?

Next; Lexmoto.... what? They sell quite a few different models of bike. They are all derivatives of old Japanese machines, built down to the lowest possible quality/performance in China, usually around either the Honda push-rod CG engine or OHV XL engine, the Suzuki GS engine, or the Yamaha SR or YBR motor.... If there is a big0bore kit available, and there probably is, you really need to know exactly what engine you want one for!

But... top of the plan... Speed = Power/Drag. You need more power to go faster. Big-Bore kit hints you should get more power... but, in the engine Power=Cylinder Displacement x Cylinder Pressure x Crank Revs. If you get no more crank revs.... bike aint going to go no faster; gearing will still turn the back wheel just as slow. So you also need worry about gearing. Meanwhile, Cylinder displacement ios only one factor in how much power you might have to get more power, and it's not the most significant. Cylinder-Pressure is.

Cylinder pressure is made by the fuel and air burning in the cylinder. Matters little how migh that cylinder may be, unless the cylinder is filled to the max with fuel and air... it rarely is.

'Charge' gets into the cylinder through the valves and ports in the cylinder head. Make the cylinder bigger, it can only make more power IF the cylinder-head flows enough charge to fill it, and before you begin, the power curve you get from an engine that shows it make more power the more you rev it, shows that the cylinder head is struggling to fill the standard cylinder with charge at any revs above peak torque. From there to peak-power, the engine's making more power from turning faster and making more smaller 'bangs' with less charge in the pot, until at peak power, the cylinder head runs out of pufff, and power starts to fall, because it cant flow enough charge to keep up, and more smaller bangs dont make as much power as fewer bigger ones.

Fit big-bore cylinder.... charge still has to get into the engine through the same valves and ports; you may get a bit more power, probably at lower RPM, where the cylinder head can flow enough charge, but above peak torque, the bigger cylinder is going to struggle more to get enough charge to fill, and run out of 'puff' through the valves and ports exactly the same, but probably at lower rpm....

Ie: you CAN actually make the bike SLOWER adding a big bore kit.... unless you optimise everything to work to best effect.

A1 Learner-Legal power limit is 15bhp. Your lexmoto probably makes at best 10bhp... there are plenty of 125's out there that are a heck of a lot more powerful, and faster, that dont need any mods or spanner messing to be so, or risk breaching licence regs for it, or contension with the insurance co.

Lexmoto, in general sell because they are 'cheap'. They are NOT 'fast'. You want fast, you got the wrong bike.

Virtues of the Lexmoto IS that it's cheap, not just to buy, but to run, not having so much power they tend to be pretty economical, and they tend not to wear stuff out so fast.

You start modding a bike..... you spend money.. which rather defeats 'cheap'. Modded bikes tend to be worth less than standard offerings and harder to sell, so you spend money to make bike less valuable, and probably less reliable, and unless done well probably no faster! Rather defeats the 'cheap' they started with.

You want more than Lexmoto has to offer.... you got the wrong bike.... far easier, far more garanteed to give the more you want, and far bigger bang for your buck to be had looking for another bike....

And back to the top... DO you have a licence?

On a full licence you aren't limited to any displacement; you can have as much power and as much fast as you like and.or can afford, A-N-D its a heck of a lot cheaper.... and guaranteed to be faster!

The fastest of the fast 'production' 125's only ever achieved 30bhp or so; and only just nudged the 100mph mark in accredited speed trials. That is just about as fast and as powerful as a forty year old four-stroke 250 'commuter' bike..... ie: in the wider world of big bikes.. it really is NOT all that 'fast'.

And slapping big bore kit on a Lexmoto? Well, they are 50% down on the power they may have under A1 regs, which is still 1/2 what a good 125 might make, to STILL not be a particularly 'fast' motorbike..... This really is an excersize in futility.... really.

So, you want fast, get a faster bike; want more fast still, get a bigger-faster bike, and with prices and insurance on bigger than 125cc bikes so much more 'reasonable'; Costs 45% more to insure my 125, like-for-like, than it does my 750 each year, whilst 2nd hand value of 750 is probably 1/2 what it is for the 125... IF you have a licence, you can have as much fast as you like, and probably SAVE more money than the price of a big-bore kit along the way, and not have to get your hands covered in oil.

No licence? Well go get one!

Old track adage, "Want a faster bike? First fit better rider! Better rider go faster, crash less, break less, cost less!" Another is before looking for more than standard, make sure you have all you should AS standard.... you will likely get far more bhp for far less money and far less oily hands, doing the basic routine maintenance the Lexmoto should have, like changing the oil, spark plugs and adjusting the valve tappets.

Bit of discipline to learn how to ride, and get the most from the bike you have; more do the maintenence to get and keep it in tip-top and able to deliver its best, costs little, and works on any and every bike you may own, not just this one. So THAT is the place to start, not trawling e-bay for a big-bore kit, for an as yet unidentified engine.....

Back up, think long and hard about what you really want and really want to achieve and best way to get it.

Muggering with little four-stroke 125's can be fun, but it is an excersise in futility and delusion; with far more possible pit-falls than there ever is minor benefits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate I’m not fussed a fussed about the legal side of it I just want a faster bike simple as that and because my palmoffered it me for £400 hence why I brought it if I have the money for a Yamaha wrx I would of brought one I didn’t that’s what I had to hand so I brought it and seeing as I’m now on an apprenticeship a wrx is abit far out of reach hence getting that and if you read the forum post you’d see it’s a 125 adrenaline like I stated in the forum thread simple as that so instead of trying to be a dick how about trying to help like I’ve asked for no wonder this forums are wank your all stuck up pricks

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:24 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSO like I’ve stated I’m doing my cbt in 3 weeks so either give me a list of bits I could potential use or just do one pal cause to be frank so far this has been completely pointless 👍🏻👌🏻 Hand more help from a retard monkey I’ve been riding since I was 16 and can’t ride quite well thanks I’ve ridden a lot of bigger bikes and such so yano the only advice you’ve given me so far is fuck it off and get a different bike which I cannot afford todo thanks

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrop90 wrote:
Mate I’m not fussed a fussed about the legal side of it I just want a faster bike simple as that and because my palmoffered it me for £400 hence why I brought it if I have the money for a Yamaha wrx I would of brought one I didn’t that’s what I had to hand so I brought it and seeing as I’m now on an apprenticeship a wrx is abit far out of reach hence getting that and if you read the forum post you’d see it’s a 125 adrenaline like I stated in the forum thread simple as that so instead of trying to be a dick how about trying to help like I’ve asked for no wonder this forums are wank your all stuck up pricks

May as well just buy a Fireblade and be done with it then

But seriously, the amount of time and money you would need to put into a shitty 125 to make it reliably go much faster would be better spent on doing your test and buying a bigger bike

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 09:31 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrop90 wrote:

Advice is advice... I have a full licence; I have a 750 and a 125, and a couple of other bikes knocking about... what you do really doesn't make one iota of difference to me; you want to spend money on a cheap bike, making it less valuable, and 'maybe' making a very slow bike a little less slow, Knock yourself out......

Pricks? Why, because we haven't all lined up and said, "Oh poor diddums! Here's the play-station cheat-code to all you want! "

Go for it... fit big bore to your Lexmoto... do whatever you want! But, just because you dont like the answers to your question, dont mean the answers are wrong... just the question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:31 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want dirt/road bike mate not into sports bikes not my thing but thanks tbh that’s the best advice yet
Kyrop90 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:40 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you master the emergency stop maybe you could work on some full stops. Thumbs Up
Kyrop90 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

jakebrownbass
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:42 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrop90 wrote:

I don't think you quite understand what people are saying.

If you don't care about the legal side of riding within the restrictions of your license. sell the 125 and buy any bike you want. Simples.

And when you wrap yourself around a lamp post don't come crying back here.

While you're at it, don't insure it, don't tax it & don't MOT it.

Prick

EDIT: Typo

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I’ve fucking asked if it’s possible to make the cunting thing quicker if so how it’s as simple as that if I could of afforded a Yamaha a Honda or a Suki I would of done I couldn’t that’s would I could get don’t like it to fucking bad ain’t your bike ain’t your life so why you fucking whining about it pal simple as that if there is a way to make it quicker sound if not say so simple as that guys

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 09:50 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telling you that your Lexmoto has a manufacturer's claimed 10bhp, a 'fact' that the manufacture actually puts in their chuffing sales brochure! And pointing out that that is still 50% down on what licence (you dont have!) limits may allow, is not deriding the bike.

But you want MORE than that bike has to offer... but dont want to spend more than that bike costs, and expect us to tell you how to get everything you want for the money you cant afford... or we are all elitist pricks!?!?

Sorry... I used up the last of my genie wishes to get a divorce!
If you go to Bagdad with a bucket and spade, you might find a magic lamp in the sand if you dig hard enough.

Otherwise... you want 'cheap' way-to-work motorcycle, then suffer the 'slow' of your lexmoto... if you want 'fast'.. get a different bike, more still, get a licence.

Up to you really, but just cos you dont like the answers STILL don't mean they are wrong!

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrop90 wrote:
STAnd by what I said earlier full of twat out of all these replies maybe 2 of em have been of any use don’t like it pal don’t fucking comment simple as that hope ya tires blows while ya riding and ya hit a tree fucking moron

Pass the popcorn

Flounce one niner, you're cleared for take off!

Don't let your arse hit the door on the way out! Middle Finger

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

Right fuckwit can see why ya wife left ya for starters secondly how have I said anyone’s answers are fucking wrong and yes you are elitist pricks because instead of saying simple no it’s not really a possibility you’ve turned round and said to someone with fuck all knowledge of bikes other than how to ride them no it’s fucked should of brought better like I’ve said that was my budget I had st the time so simple mate shit the fuck up and stick it up ya ass 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

Right fuckwit can see why ya wife left ya for starters secondly how have I said anyone’s answers are fucking wrong and yes you are elitist pricks because instead of saying simple no it’s not really a possibility you’ve turned round and said to someone with fuck all knowledge of bikes other than how to ride them no it’s fucked should of brought better like I’ve said that was my budget I had st the time so simple mate shit the fuck up and stick it up ya ass 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the op has such an amazing grasp of the english language, able to articulate his point remarkably well, without feeling the need to resort to immature and inate use of foul language ...

Oh wait .. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, I am surprised, that nobody appeared to pick up on the op's admission that they are not a good rider..

Kyrop90 wrote:
....... I’ve been riding since I was 16 and can’t ride quite well thanks ......

.... not that it should be of any surprise of course

As for me, make it illegal, don't make your actions negatively affect anybody else, of you pop, enjoy. However, expect no sympathy whatsoever, if you end up, with a record, and lose your apprenticeship, end up in hospital or even dead !

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:57 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple as this can’t help me with what I’ve asked don’t fucking comment fucking mugs

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I’m using a phone that like to change words I ment can ride quite well ok pal

Kyrop90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really can’t be fucked anymore thanks for fuck all 😂😂😘😘

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 20 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyrop90 wrote:
Simple as this can’t help me with what I’ve asked don’t fucking comment fucking mugs

Or what?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3