Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:44 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:
Have you read any of the OP's threads?

Oh yes. But I wasn't judging (or offering him a tenancy Shocked ), just suggesting a course of action (probably the only one open to him, so nothing to lose in trying) which might produce results

J4mes wrote:
As a landlord in the past, nothing would concern me more than some utter Gonk like the OP stalking me through the land registry to moan about the letting agent.

I get where you're coming from, and that might be the end result, but as a landlord I'd also be very pissed off that an agent I was paying £££ for was turning away applicants who had passed the vetting process, through ignorance, incompetence or whatever

J4mes wrote:
No offence OP

I'm sure none will be taken Laughing

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 07:47 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

J4mes wrote:
As a landlord in the past, nothing would concern me more than some utter Gonk like the OP stalking me through the land registry to moan about the letting agent.

I get where you're coming from, and that might be the end result, but as a landlord I'd also be very pissed off that an agent I was paying £££ for was turning away applicants who had passed the vetting process, through ignorance, incompetence or whatever

You say that, but realistically it's a sellers market with regards to living space. The letting agent had refused one customer, but there's guaranteed to be another one coming along in 30 seconds time, so why would the landlord give a flying fuck? OP has always managed to behave in a manner that screams 'massive liability' in the time that I've 'known' him online - what's to say that the letting agent hasn't inferred the same?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:22 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

You're making the very big assumption that the landlord will be bothered about losing out on a DSS tenant.

We need grr to see this thread cos he's a landlord. Pass the popcorn

Ain't this the bloke with the 18 plate Aprillia RSV4, a 20+ grand bike? I'd like to know why the council are
supplementing him at all tbh. Goes to show that the system provides for piss takers. That was a good lump of
house deposit there, but jizzed it all on a bike instead. Zero sympathy.

Tenants are like buses, there's always another one a few minutes away. I'd give precisely zero hoots about losing
any tenant, paying or otherwise. I have no mortgages to pay so I'm not really out of pocket. I pay 90% of council tax
on an unoccupied property but that's my only real reason to get my finger out and get it let. In the rare times I have one
empty, it's an opportunity to go in and repaint, new carpets, tidy up and get a few niggling jobs done.

Didn't read all the he said she said as I'm not getting involved. But I will say I have a strict no DSS policy. Can't
cope with the pretty much daily dramas of poor people. If its not one thing it's something else. I just want my rent
and the house not trashed by people who can barely look after themselves properly, plus theres there's a
certain mindset that someone else will always come along and bail them out with those kind of tenants. Then, once they
have their foot in the door they are harder to get rid of than aids, too many rights. I'm not leaving myself open to
attempted prosecution by either LA or tenant (via legal aid Silence ). If a prospective tenant fails credit check or
references, then its end of the road for them and back of the housing queue I'm afraid. My houses, my rules, my prerogative.
I've handed over 100's of 1000's for my properties over the years and they represent my nest egg and my pension.

Question for the OP. What if your Aprillia cost you 200k+? And you were relying on it paying you and your wife an
income into your retirement years, would you have a STRICT criteria about who you let take it for a spin or just toss
the keys to anyone that asked for a go?

My houses are no different. Make the grade or keep looking. No room for sympathy in business.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
as a landlord I'd also be very pissed off that an agent I was paying £££ for was turning away applicants who had passed the vetting process, through ignorance, incompetence or whatever

OP has always managed to behave in a manner that screams 'massive liability' in the time that I've 'known' him online - what's to say that the letting agent hasn't inferred the same?

Well, although I stand by what I wrote, I have to admit - you could be right there....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2