Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What is a Celebrity these days?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:46 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: What is a Celebrity these days? Reply with quote

I was channel surfing last night. (As I do every time I look at the shite pump in the corner.)
Celebrity Masterbate was on.

I can normally tolerate that show but who the fuck were the 'celebrities' they had on it last night?

Is it because I don't watch enough telly or I maybe don't click on all the clickbait buttons?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems these days you just need to get your mush on the telly or increasingly these days youtube.

It doesn't particularly matter if you're talented these days, you just have to act like a massive twat or be so stupid you're one IQ point off retarded, or have some boardline mental health issue to become a celebrity.

Take joey essex for example, the kids made an entire career out of being as thick as a donkey's dick and he doesn't even seem ashamed of the fact he's thick. Gemma collins and Jade goodey are another prime example

Or rylan clark famous for what exactly, being some overly camp hysterical gimp who could bearly sing.

Or that alvaro whatever his fucking name is, who was boot off big brother, I only know about him because it was plastered all over the news. famous for mutilating himself.

It sets a geat example for kids these days, you don't need to work hard, just act like a fuckwit and you're laughing.

We should shunning them, or helping them if they need it. Not celebrating them.

Boils my piss it does.

Last edited by duhawkz on 18:25 - 22 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some programme wifey was watching had a celebrity introduced.

Who's she? I asked

Oh, she's a girl off gogglebox.

So a girl off gogglebox is now a celebrity Shocked

FFS

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Some programme wifey was watching had a celebrity introduced.

Who's she? I asked

Oh, she's a girl off gogglebox.

So a girl off gogglebox is now a celebrity Shocked

FFS

Ive had the exact same convo with my misses, and the same thought process Sad

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
It seems these days you just need to get your mush on the telly or increasingly these days youtube.

It doesn't particularly matter if you're talented these days, you just have to act like a massive twat or be so stupid you're one IQ point off retarded, or have some boardline mental health issue to become a celebrity.

Take joey essex for example, the kids made an entire career out of being as thick as a donkey's dick and he doesn't even seem ashamed of the fact he's thick. Gemma collins and Jade goodey are another prime example

Or rylan clark famous for what exactly, being some overly camp hysterical gimp who could bearly sing.

Or that alvaro whatever his fucking name is, who was boot off big brother, I only know about him because it was plastered all over the news. famous for mutilating himself.

It sets a geat example for kids these days, you don't need to work hard, just act like a fuckwit and you're laughing.

We should shunning them, or helping them if they need it. Not celebrating them.

Boils my piss it does.

Welcome to the Age of Degeneracy in the Second Fall of Rome. The age of a dumbed down populace amused by the most banal entertainment imaginable. It's all just a big distraction. Your leaders are corrupt, your culture is rotting, your economy is based on an ever more unsustainable fiction and you're being replaced. Stop complaining and just sit back and enjoy the ride. When it finally comes crashing down and reality dawns it could be really entertaining, if you were a fly on the wall anyway.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Always been the way....I have a question.

Did you say yes to the dress?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: What is a Celebrity these days? Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I can normally tolerate that show but who the fuck were the 'celebrities' they had on it last night?

Is it because I don't watch enough telly or I maybe don't click on all the clickbait buttons?

I have never, ever heard of most "celebrities". I also watch little TV.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:

Welcome to the Age of Degeneracy in the Second Fall of Rome. The age of a dumbed down populace amused by the most banal entertainment imaginable. It's all just a big distraction. Your leaders are corrupt, your culture is rotting, your economy is based on an ever more unsustainable fiction and you're being replaced. Stop complaining and just sit back and enjoy the ride. When it finally comes crashing down and reality dawns it could be really entertaining, if you were a fly on the wall anyway.

Ok for you to keep laughing, we've got a narcissistic reality TV chump for a president here and reality still hasn't dawned for the morons that voted for him.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:11 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
ThoughtControl wrote:

Ok for you to keep laughing, we've got a narcissistic reality TV chump for a president here and reality still hasn't dawned for the morons that voted for him.

Him or Hilary Clinton, you didn't have the greatest of choices did you.

Mind you, I can't laugh, May or Corbyn Crying or Very sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
ThoughtControl wrote:

I think if you'd did your research you'd find that the man's name is actually Trump.

(Named after the big apartment block in downtown NY.)

But Trump and Chump are easy phonetic typos that any thinking person could make.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't start slating trump, mpd72 will be in here like a shot. Leaping forth to defend the honor of his mushroomy highness, like brave a knight

Last edited by duhawkz on 09:17 - 24 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This world no longer produces the calibre of men that could cross the Antarctic in tweeds, surviving on pemmican hoosh. Consequently, there are few worth celebrating in this world for me now Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:11 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Mind you, I can't laugh, May or Corbyn Crying or Very sad

May is so poor that even Corbyn may have a chance. Terrifying! Diane Abbot as chancellor anyone?
Bozzie Bear for PM. And do it quick. May is about to sell us all down the river with her bullshit handling of Brexit.
I just hope he's not too busy eating Apples to get himself involved in some politics.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just responding to the downvote and possibly inviting another.

So you believe MPs and to a lesser extent their dalliances don't count as celebrity activity? Why not? They are constantly
on TVand in the press. Household names many of them. The very definition of celebrity. I was reading about Bo-Jo and
his bit of skirt only this morning, somehow finding that more of an appealing read than 20 articles about the latest outfit that
Kardashian slapper has on today. I wonder if my celebrities, ie people that CAN and do make a difference to MY life are
very different to who others may see as important. For instance these influencer types that seem to be everywhere
nowadays. Famous for being photographed doing/wearing/holding stuff and somehow paying the bills with that? I worry
that the youngsters having zero interest in UK politics perhaps seeing it as stuffy and boring are paving the way for those in
power continue to do whatever they like without interference or resistance. Frankly they need our eyes on them and what they
are up to. Like it or not, celebrities they are.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones being slated for doing nothing that deserves celebrity status still fit the topic.
Politicians as celebrities? First, they'd have to do something worth celebrating. There probably possibly are some.
People today rely too much on politicians to make their lives worthwhile though, imho.
Downratings were because, does every fucking thread have to turn into a political row now?!

P.S. It's only a forum "Thumbs Down"
Don't get too hung up about it Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The ones being slated for doing nothing that deserves celebrity status still fit the topic.
Politicians as celebrities? First, they'd have to do something worth celebrating. There probably possibly are some.
People today rely too much on politicians to make their lives worthwhile though, imho.
Downratings were because, does every fucking thread have to turn into a political row now?!

P.S. It's only a forum "Thumbs Down"
Don't get too hung up about it Smile

How can the first post be off topic???
There are still plenty of people who get out and about exploring, Garth's current adventure might not be sufficient for celebrity status but that is not why most go exploring.

Celeber (Adj, latin) - honoured by a great assembly.
Just because some of us aren't party to that great assembly doesn't change the fact, no matter how often we put our fingers in our ears shut our eyes and chant 'om mani padme hum'.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

How can the first post be off topic???

Dunno, who said it was?

Quote:
There are still plenty of people who get out and about exploring, Garth's current adventure might not be sufficient for celebrity status but that is not why most go exploring.

I'd put his trip higher than the achievements of many a so-called "celebrity". Just a shame he doesn't feel the need to tell us more here, but fair enough.

Quote:
Celeber (Adj, latin) - honoured by a great assembly.
Just because some of us aren't party to that great assembly doesn't change the fact

Quite.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
'om mani padme hum'.

Allow me to turn that around on you Smile

The current cult of celebrity is certainly no beautiful lotus flower, and most of those that partake are certainly no bright jewels. Imho, of course Smile

Ah, what we need is a new vocabulary, new words for new phenomenon!
Either that, or change the masses Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I agree with that though politicians remove a lot of decision making possibilities/abilities from 'the common man'.

I believe politicians fucked up beyond imagination getting us into this fucking brexit mess.

At no point was 'the common man' told the truth.

So people voted with their hearts and not their heads.

The only way to fight Brussels was to stay in the club and bitch like fuck.
Maybe getting expelled would have been cheaper and more satisfying.

Aww shite... MDF 69 will have my guts for garters if he sees I've dragged a brexit topic into a different thread. Shhh!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Aww shite... MDF 69 will have my guts for garters if he sees I've dragged a brexit topic into a different thread. Shhh!

And you will deserve everything you get from him Laughing

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

It probably would do BCF a world of good if politics and current affairs was opt in like the regional forums and mentioning anything remotely political not pertaining to motorcycles resulted in an instant permaban and exile to the hebrides.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
MCN wrote:

It probably would do BCF a world of good if politics and current affairs was opt in like the regional forums and mentioning anything remotely political not pertaining to motorcycles resulted in an instant permaban and exile to the hebrides.

Then this forum would die.

Every forum has its ups and downs. This one goes down at the moment and the only thing keeping people around is the random banter and other not quite motorcycle related topics.

When I joined this forum, this forum was going up, even the live chat was popular. The workshop section was full of questions and answers. The news section had actual news, well I used to do that, and people shared a lot of motorcycle related projects as well.

Forums die when people who make them good leave.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should all bugger off anyway. Can't we have some peace and quiet around here? Mad

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucked Miss St Helens after she got married and then divorced, still good looking in her mid twenties, does that make me a Celebrity?

I also arrested a disabled person for shoplifting and it got into the Daily Mirror, am I a celebrity for that too?

I also got my Gold Duke of Edinburgh at the Palace on the same day as Prince Edward.

Just need an agent to get me on a dancing programme, although they may say I was cheating because I was once a tap dancing Womble on the Theater Royal St Helens.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:33 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
MCN wrote:

The only thing that's necessary is for people to stfu about Brexit unless they're posting in one of the many Brexit threads.

Permaban will just see them open new accounts to carry on where they left on. So we're going to need a more extreme solution but I don't know what. Crying or Very sad

Turns fights and flame wars into fights, flame wars and Brexit? Anything Brexit related gets moved there which would slowly destroy their account rather than an immediate ban. So petty arguments can continue and they can have the last word but only if they're willing to sacrifice their blobs and eventually their account.

Pass the popcorn
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 187 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2