Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Motor, JDM goodness.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:36 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: New Motor, JDM goodness. Reply with quote

Agreed to buy this today. It's quick AF Cool Insurance and Tax ain't too bad considering the go it has, donn't ask about the MPG Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/mRHjIQk.jpg

Needs a bit of work but nothing crazy, just tidying really.

It's fairly standard asside from Advan Wheels, Apexi Exhaust and STI Defi Gauges.

Collecting it next week then it will be all BRAAAAAAAAP, Cchoooooo, BRAAAAAAAAP Cool

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines faster than yours Razz

https://i.imgur.com/iDgId9U.jpg

My new JDM.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

My new JDM.

Is it faster? The front wheel looks like the brakes are dragging. Laughing

EDIT: Says a man, who uses public transportation. Doh!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Fisty wrote:

My new JDM.

Is it faster? The front wheel looks like the brakes are dragging. Laughing

EDIT: Says a man, who uses public transportation. Doh!

You don’t get sarcasm sometimes do you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:32 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
My new JDM.

At least that means you're not responsible for all the failed MOTs it's had. Razz

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what brought this on then? Laughing

Not my kind of JDM motor, but looks nice and subtle all the same!

The one thing that keeps me liking everyman Vauxhalls and Rover's is that they don't suffer Jap tax on parts and the scene as a whole. There's plenty of old Jap cars I'd have, but they do suffer to a lesser extent than VAG stuff for crazy parts prices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:42 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted something bigger and something fun I don't do many miles in the car so MPG wasn't an Issue, but the Static costs like insurance and Tax matter. It will cost me £300 more a year in tax and insurance compared to my 1.4 Fiesta.

I had been looking at UK Imprezas but the Forester made more sense. 95% of the performance of an Impreza STI but more practical. It is the same drivetrain but it doesn't have the Fancy Power Split diff thing. Scoobies are Proper Parts Bin cars to so despite this never being made for this market I can still get bits cheap.

That and Exactly what you said it is subtle and not. It's a sleeper unless you know your cars.

I was looking at Porsche Cayenne and 5 Series Tourings too. But the ones I was looking at were double to tax. Also the 5 Series is a common for me. And the Cayenne could shit an electronic box and cost 4 figures to sort.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of a friend owned one for a while, took it to the Nurburgring with my friend and 2 others as passengers, tons of space.

Sold it shortly afterwards because it was too fast apparently, I'm told he spent longer getting it imported than actually owning it Laughing Too fast comment was a bit strange since I'm fairly sure he's also owned Porches and the like (I guess a different sort of quick or something).

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Forester, make sure its been remapped, by someone decent.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:32 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was after an STI version, they has better brakes and suspension and about 50 more BHP they didn't do an STI WRX Estate, It certainly would have been one to consider if they had.

Edit:- this was relating to a Sickpup post that appears to have been deleted.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:40 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
A friend of a friend owned one for a while, took it to the Nurburgring with my friend and 2 others as passengers, tons of space.

Sold it shortly afterwards because it was too fast apparently, I'm told he spent longer getting it imported than actually owning it Laughing Too fast comment was a bit strange since I'm fairly sure he's also owned Porches and the like (I guess a different sort of quick or something).

I don't have a lot of Experience with quick cars, I've driven my dads 300bhp XF Jag, and this feel quicker. I'd also have a mate with a number of AMG E classes and most recently a GLC45 AMG. It feels on par with that maybe quicker.

It is very torquey and just goes. I have only driven it for 10 minutes though. Laughing

I was most surprised with the grip, It has of brand tyres on it, which put me off, however it was chucking it down when I went out in it, full throttle to 6k rpm in the wet and it just went hooked up no problem.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:44 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
Nice Forester, make sure its been remapped, by someone decent.

It is the plan eventually, I figure I'll take it easy through winter while I get used to it, then get it done next year. I have been told 300+ is easily achieved stock. The only vaguely performance stuff I was planning to do was to wrap the headers and fit a turbo blanket to keep engine bay temps down. At this point in time however it is more than fast enough!

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point, Esure do not insure imports, Esure also do not charge a cancellation fee if you change cars to a car they will not quote on.

If you want to cancel an Esure policy, find a JDM number plate, tell them it is your new car and you wish to change policy and avoid the fee Cool

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
You don’t get sarcasm sometimes do you.

Oh, I do, I just wanted to somehow point out your neglected front wheel.

chris-red

PostPosted: 08:56 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick it up today Cool I haven't been this excited since I knew I was getting a PS1 for Christmas Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHbNuyubhz0

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:12 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I pick it up today Cool I haven't been this excited since I knew I was getting a PS1 for Christmas Laughing

When I got my first car, I put this song on a flash driver and played this on the way home https://youtu.be/wWQGlLQB4VA?t=38s Laughing

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Haha, reminds me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

chris-red

PostPosted: 09:26 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
chris-red wrote:

Haha, reminds me of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Heard that before love it, Especially the girl Wink

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Heard that before love it, Especially the girl Wink

I think i might be digging out my Goldie Lookin' Chain albums this afternoon now, haven't listened to them in ages

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:12 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have an Impreza WRX. Wasn't very well built, didn't really handle. It gripped, but it didn't handle. Did terrible fuel consumpton. Tank was tiny. Power wasn't eye popping.

Generally disappointed with it really. It's not even a tenth the car that my BMW is. However, I do have to admit that the turbo spooling noise was cool, and it was exhilarating when you hammer it. Shame it had the worst seats known to man, and looked like it was put together by a low rent Korean or Chinese car maker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I used to have an Impreza WRX. Wasn't very well built, didn't really handle. It gripped, but it didn't handle. Did terrible fuel consumpton. Tank was tiny. Power wasn't eye popping.

Generally disappointed with it really. It's not even a tenth the car that my BMW is. However, I do have to admit that the turbo spooling noise was cool, and it was exhilarating when you hammer it. Shame it had the worst seats known to man, and looked like it was put together by a low rent Korean or Chinese car maker.

Cool story Bro . . .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1